"The True WMSCOG" on Missionary Ron Ramos Explains Why He Left the WMSCOG After 12 Years

MountainMom
    Participant

FTOS, I guess I would be more insulted, but you can't even SPELL "stupidity" right! LOL!  Keep posting!  It's very entertaining! 

Simon
    Participant

Lol MM you’re awesome

Simon
    Participant

Lol MM you’re awesome

Love'n Honey
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

of course they are can you hurry and state your point.

My point was to check my understanding on what a religion was. DAMN! Not every question or comment has a hidden agenda.

144000 wrote:

renita

Because when you say this:

"I want to know what makes something religious. I honestly don't see why you're getting frustrated. I really don't see why you keep including your church in the answer."

We are reminded of this:

emil

"This whole exercise will be fruitful when it makes you realize the futility of your own accusations."

So you can excuse some of us for jumping the gun. The difference between Food and Idols is important for the sake of Christmas which emil supports.

But I already told FTOS that my question had no hidden agenda. I need to catch up on the other posts to see if my independent question has been answered plainly. I doubt it has..

Love'n Honey
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

of course they are can you hurry and state your point.

My point was to check my understanding on what a religion was. DAMN! Not every question or comment has a hidden agenda.

144000 wrote:

renita

Because when you say this:

"I want to know what makes something religious. I honestly don't see why you're getting frustrated. I really don't see why you keep including your church in the answer."

We are reminded of this:

emil

"This whole exercise will be fruitful when it makes you realize the futility of your own accusations."

So you can excuse some of us for jumping the gun. The difference between Food and Idols is important for the sake of Christmas which emil supports.

But I already told FTOS that my question had no hidden agenda. I need to catch up on the other posts to see if my independent question has been answered plainly. I doubt it has..

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

But if I'm not mistaken a religion just means a belief.. Maybe in a god or a way of life? or even an idea maybe.

fromtheotherside wrote:

It's doesn't matter that She was there.  That Event was cultural, not religious. DUH!

MountainMom wrote:

Once again, same MO, no real answer about birthdays and why you are celebrating them, just insults!  I can understand you must be frustrated, but you really shouldn't use arrogance as your back up.  You should try to answer or you will continue to look like you can't.

It's more like your stupidy is keeping you from understanding, DUH! lolz.   See how I used an insult, I could have said ignorance, but that's too nice.  wink wink *

fromtheotherside wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

It's a religious festival for PAGANS! not us

I think I already told you it is

The event we're talking about is Chuseok. I like your answer on what is considered a religion. No one else seems to disagree so I'll accept it. We know, as you said, Confu.. has no god but it's still a religion. This is why I didn't bold the part you said about god. It doesn't apply. Chuseok isn't a religion but a festival. Is it a religious festival? Through our discussion we came to the agreement that it is pagan so it must be a religious festival. Something can't be pagan if it's not religious.

You said the event wasn't religious but the event we're speaking about is Chuseok. So, if the event [Chuseok] isn't religious then it isn't pagan. But you also said the event [Chuseok] is a religious festival. If it's religious then it's pagan. From this alone, you have majorly contradicted yourself. Perhaps you should have said the event was a non-religious based event with religious rituals. Is this what you mean? It's like saying celebrating Ash's birthday isn't a religious event but there is prayer, religious activity, to him during the event.

I think I'm following you but now I have a new question. Please complete this sentence: Any festival including religious activities isn't really a religious festival unless ________________.

[My question: How can a pagan festival not be religious?]

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

But if I'm not mistaken a religion just means a belief.. Maybe in a god or a way of life? or even an idea maybe.

fromtheotherside wrote:

It's doesn't matter that She was there.  That Event was cultural, not religious. DUH!

MountainMom wrote:

Once again, same MO, no real answer about birthdays and why you are celebrating them, just insults!  I can understand you must be frustrated, but you really shouldn't use arrogance as your back up.  You should try to answer or you will continue to look like you can't.

It's more like your stupidy is keeping you from understanding, DUH! lolz.   See how I used an insult, I could have said ignorance, but that's too nice.  wink wink *

fromtheotherside wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

It's a religious festival for PAGANS! not us

I think I already told you it is

The event we're talking about is Chuseok. I like your answer on what is considered a religion. No one else seems to disagree so I'll accept it. We know, as you said, Confu.. has no god but it's still a religion. This is why I didn't bold the part you said about god. It doesn't apply. Chuseok isn't a religion but a festival. Is it a religious festival? Through our discussion we came to the agreement that it is pagan so it must be a religious festival. Something can't be pagan if it's not religious.

You said the event wasn't religious but the event we're speaking about is Chuseok. So, if the event [Chuseok] isn't religious then it isn't pagan. But you also said the event [Chuseok] is a religious festival. If it's religious then it's pagan. From this alone, you have majorly contradicted yourself. Perhaps you should have said the event was a non-religious based event with religious rituals. Is this what you mean? It's like saying celebrating Ash's birthday isn't a religious event but there is prayer, religious activity, to him during the event.

I think I'm following you but now I have a new question. Please complete this sentence: Any festival including religious activities isn't really a religious festival unless ________________.

Participant

I know you like tangents but this is enough.

Ron lied about black members not being in the church, and he lied about us teaching they could not be saved.

I know black elders from Ron’s time. There are pictures of black members with mother from before Ron, and they have been given the hope for heavan.

You must now admit that Ron was a liar, or at the very least admit Ron has no idea what he’s talking about and is not a good authority on how our church works.

Participant

Ron lied about black members not being in the church, and he lied about us teaching they could not be saved.

I know black elders from Ron’s time. There are pictures of black members with mother from before Ron, and they have been given the hope for heavan.

You must now admit that Ron was a liar, or at the very least admit Ron has no idea what he’s talking about and is not a good authority on how our church works.

Storm
    Participant

She is not talking about Ron at this moment, please fill in the blank;

Storm
    Participant

She is not talking about Ron at this moment, please fill in the blank;

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

I know black elders from Ron's time. There are pictures of black members with mother from before Ron, and they have been given the hope for heavan.

You must now admit that Ron was a liar, or at the very least admit Ron has no idea what he's talking about and is not a good authority on how our church works.

I think you accidently posted this here.. =)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

I know black elders from Ron's time. There are pictures of black members with mother from before Ron, and they have been given the hope for heavan.

You must now admit that Ron was a liar, or at the very least admit Ron has no idea what he's talking about and is not a good authority on how our church works.

I think you accidently posted this here.. =)

Questioninginla
    Participant

This anecdotal thinking and understanding of how "Ron said" is driving me nuts.  People will find what they are looking for (in general, let alone when) the stakes are so high….eternal salvation and camradeship of fellow group members.

Irrefutable fact:  there were black members in the LDS before their leadership allowed blacks the LDS form of eternal salvation.  This rule change happened in 1978 – roughly 130 years of discrimination!  Nonetheless, there was a black demographic in the LDS prior to 1978.

Change the rules, forget the past.  For a quick primer, try "Animal Farm" by George Orwell?  The pigs knew what was going on, the rest of the animals on the farm paid only anecdotal attention to what was going on.  At first, the revolution against Farmer Jones was great; by the end of the story the pigs simply replace Farmer Jones – they are wearing his clothes and sleeping in his bed, and everything is back where it began.

Animal Farm should be required reading to remain a citizen in this country….

Questioninginla
    Participant

This anecdotal thinking and understanding of how "Ron said" is driving me nuts.  People will find what they are looking for (in general, let alone when) the stakes are so high….eternal salvation and camradeship of fellow group members.

Irrefutable fact:  there were black members in the LDS before their leadership allowed blacks the LDS form of eternal salvation.  This rule change happened in 1978 – roughly 130 years of discrimination!  Nonetheless, there was a black demographic in the LDS prior to 1978.

Change the rules, forget the past.  For a quick primer, try "Animal Farm" by George Orwell?  The pigs knew what was going on, the rest of the animals on the farm paid only anecdotal attention to what was going on.  At first, the revolution against Farmer Jones was great; by the end of the story the pigs simply replace Farmer Jones – they are wearing his clothes and sleeping in his bed, and everything is back where it began.

Animal Farm should be required reading to remain a citizen in this country….

Participant

Storm

Food is never unclean, that is the only answer for a religious thing not being counted against you that I have heard.

No one is going to hell for Christmas dinner unless in their hearts they prayed and made it idolatry food. On the other hand people may be condemned for Yule Trees and nordic Wreaths and Saturnalia Holly Wreaths however.

God says burn the idols and destroy the idols, forget about them and never touch them or use them for anything. He does not say “restore them and dedicate them to Jesus”.

Renita it was no accident this topic is a cluster of half-informed tangents that distract from the truth. Ron lied about black people in addition to other things. Period.

Questioninginla thats a cute story, I think you forgot to mention the part where Ron said there were actually no black members attending the church, when several predate him and were promised eternal life at that time. He lied about that plain and simple.

Participant

Storm

Food is never unclean, that is the only answer for a religious thing not being counted against you that I have heard.

No one is going to hell for Christmas dinner unless in their hearts they prayed and made it idolatry food. On the other hand people may be condemned for Yule Trees and nordic Wreaths and Saturnalia Holly Wreaths however.

God says burn the idols and destroy the idols, forget about them and never touch them or use them for anything. He does not say “restore them and dedicate them to Jesus”.

Renita it was no accident this topic is a cluster of half-informed tangents that distract from the truth. Ron lied about black people in addition to other things. Period.

Questioninginla thats a cute story, I think you forgot to mention the part where Ron said there were actually no black members attending the church, when several predate him and were promised eternal life at that time. He lied about that plain and simple.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

But what does this have to do with my question about about festivals including religious activities not being religious festivals? My question is just for my understanding. It has nothing to do with what Ron said or what the WMSCOG teaches. I directed the question at FTOS because he's the one who said something that made it appear that not all festivals with religious activities are religious festivals. Why did you mention Ron? Was that in response to me or someone else?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

But what does this have to do with my question about about festivals including religious activities not being religious festivals? My question is just for my understanding. It has nothing to do with what Ron said or what the WMSCOG teaches. I directed the question at FTOS because he's the one who said something that made it appear that not all festivals with religious activities are religious festivals. Why did you mention Ron? Was that in response to me or someone else?

Participant

“Why did you mention Ron?”

Because he is the title and topic of this thread, if you look up.

We’ve explained more than enough about festivals, without posting about it more here.

Viewing 20 replies - 341 through 360 (of 785 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.