"The True WMSCOG" on Missionary Ron Ramos Explains Why He Left the WMSCOG After 12 Years

fromtheotherside
    Participant

It's doesn't matter that She was there.  That Event was cultural, not religious. DUH!

MountainMom wrote:

Once again, same MO, no real answer about birthdays and why you are celebrating them, just insults!  I can understand you must be frustrated, but you really shouldn't use arrogance as your back up.  You should try to answer or you will continue to look like you can't.

It's more like your stupidy is keeping you from understanding, DUH! lolz.   See how I used an insult, I could have said ignorance, but that's too nice.  wink wink *

Sarah2013
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

It's doesn't matter that She was there.  That Event was cultural, not religious. DUH!

MountainMom wrote:

Once again, same MO, no real answer about birthdays and why you are celebrating them, just insults!  I can understand you must be frustrated, but you really shouldn't use arrogance as your back up.  You should try to answer or you will continue to look like you can't.

It's more like your stupidy is keeping you from understanding, DUH! lolz.   See how I used an insult, I could have said ignorance, but that's too nice.  wink wink *

Ftos, you are my friend don't say that to MM. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

Ftos, you are my friend don't say that to MM. 

Simon
    Participant

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of comple constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions contradictory and believing in both of them, to use lo while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy wa guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was nec memory again at the moment when it was needed, a above all, to apply the same process to the process it consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, on act of hypnosis you had just performed.

Simon
    Participant

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of comple constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions contradictory and believing in both of them, to use lo while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy wa guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was nec memory again at the moment when it was needed, a above all, to apply the same process to the process it consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, on act of hypnosis you had just performed.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Simon wrote:

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of comple constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions contradictory and believing in both of them, to use lo while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy wa guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was nec memory again at the moment when it was needed, a above all, to apply the same process to the process it consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, on act of hypnosis you had just performed.

Ok… I'm English and went to school in England, yet have no clue what you just said. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

Simon wrote:

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of comple constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions contradictory and believing in both of them, to use lo while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy wa guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was nec memory again at the moment when it was needed, a above all, to apply the same process to the process it consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, on act of hypnosis you had just performed.

Ok… I'm English and went to school in England, yet have no clue what you just said. 

Simon
    Participant

Dangit copy paste didn’t work right

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Doublethink

Simon
    Participant

Dangit copy paste didn’t work right

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Dangit copy paste didn't work right

Is that how you've been posting all your insightful comments?  Copy and paste? I'm very hurt I've been decieved by you Simon. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Dangit copy paste didn't work right

Is that how you've been posting all your insightful comments?  Copy and paste? I'm very hurt I've been decieved by you Simon. 

emil
    Participant

FTOS. I hope after trying to answer KF, Sarah2013, Renita, et al, you get the point about how frustrating it is for anyone to get it into your head why just the choice of 25th of December to celebrate Christmas doesn't make it pagan. All the social trappings which may be of pagan origin just like the Korean harvest, are not in anyway connected with our worship services.

This whole exercise will be fruitful when it makes you realize the futility of your own accusations. None of what people are telling you here would have mattered one bit if you had not applied those yardsticks yourself, which you are now struggling to defend.

emil
    Participant

FTOS. I hope after trying to answer KF, Sarah2013, Renita, et al, you get the point about how frustrating it is for anyone to get it into your head why just the choice of 25th of December to celebrate Christmas doesn't make it pagan. All the social trappings which may be of pagan origin just like the Korean harvest, are not in anyway connected with our worship services.

This whole exercise will be fruitful when it makes you realize the futility of your own accusations. None of what people are telling you here would have mattered one bit if you had not applied those yardsticks yourself, which you are now struggling to defend.

Simon
    Participant

You just personify the quote so well

Simon
    Participant

You just personify the quote so well

Participant

renita

Because when you say this:

"I want to know what makes something religious. I honestly don't see why you're getting frustrated. I really don't see why you keep including your church in the answer."

We are reminded of this:

emil

"This whole exercise will be fruitful when it makes you realize the futility of your own accusations."

So you can excuse some of us for jumping the gun. The difference between Food and Idols is important for the sake of Christmas which emil supports.

Which still doesn't adress the puritans, the 3rd century ban on pagan trees and decorations for Christmas, or Tertullian's criticism of Christmas and its pagan idols.

In fact I see that its been very conveniently forgotten. Taking a sprig of mistletoe and telling people to kiss under it does not suddenly make it Christian becuase "you want it to". It remains to be a pagan ritual which is only practiced today because people have been decieved into not caring about it after ignoring all the warnings from the early church.

Food on the other hand is excuseable for it is all good to eat, whereas rituals with idol objects is not for they are never good to do, even if you call it in honor of Christ.

In fact, and in specific, that is the very definintion of taking the Lord's name in vain.

Participant

renita

Because when you say this:

"I want to know what makes something religious. I honestly don't see why you're getting frustrated. I really don't see why you keep including your church in the answer."

We are reminded of this:

emil

"This whole exercise will be fruitful when it makes you realize the futility of your own accusations."

So you can excuse some of us for jumping the gun. The difference between Food and Idols is important for the sake of Christmas which emil supports.

Which still doesn't adress the puritans, the 3rd century ban on pagan trees and decorations for Christmas, or Tertullian's criticism of Christmas and its pagan idols.

In fact I see that its been very conveniently forgotten. Taking a sprig of mistletoe and telling people to kiss under it does not suddenly make it Christian becuase "you want it to". It remains to be a pagan ritual which is only practiced today because people have been decieved into not caring about it after ignoring all the warnings from the early church.

Food on the other hand is excuseable for it is all good to eat, whereas rituals with idol objects is not for they are never good to do, even if you call it in honor of Christ.

In fact, and in specific, that is the very definintion of taking the Lord's name in vain.

emil
    Participant

@144000 – it may surprise you to know that we do none of that christmas tree, holly, mistletoe stuff in my church. Our worship on Christmas Day is totally about Jesus and His birth. So all those red herrings are pointless. People may do anything in their homes and that is their problem.

If someone happens to light a lamp to signify Jesus the light of the world, would that be pagan worship? You might think so because the pagans in my country have their own festival of lights (usually October or November). But If I light up my home at Christmas I have a totally different God in mind. Our Jesus.

I know who I worship. Jesus alone. No matter what you do, who do you worship? Nuff said.

emil
    Participant

@144000 – it may surprise you to know that we do none of that christmas tree, holly, mistletoe stuff in my church. Our worship on Christmas Day is totally about Jesus and His birth. So all those red herrings are pointless. People may do anything in their homes and that is their problem.

If someone happens to light a lamp to signify Jesus the light of the world, would that be pagan worship? You might think so because the pagans in my country have their own festival of lights (usually October or November). But If I light up my home at Christmas I have a totally different God in mind. Our Jesus.

I know who I worship. Jesus alone. No matter what you do, who do you worship? Nuff said.

MountainMom
    Participant

FTOS, I guess I would be more insulted, but you can't even SPELL "stupidity" right! LOL!  Keep posting!  It's very entertaining! 

Viewing 20 replies - 321 through 340 (of 785 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.