Let's put some humor in here!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Budro dies and goes to Hell. He's sitting down there mildly content. Satan walks by, sees him and says, "What's with you?" He says, "This feels like a June day in Louisiana." Satan gets mad and goes over to the thermostate and turns it up. Later he comes by and Budro is smiling to himself. Satan goes, "What are you smiling about?" Budro says, "This feels like a July day down on the biyjou." Satan gets more angree and turns the thermostate up even higher. About a half hour later Satan walks by and Budro is kinda snickering now. He says, "It's hotter than Hell down here. What are you snickering about?" He says, "This feels like an August day down south." Satan goes over to the thermostate and reefs on it and breaks it. Things start getting cold, it starts icing up, eventually it starts snowing. Satan comes by and Budro is rolling with laughter on the ground, he's high fiving the demons, and generally causing a scene. Satan goes, "What's your problem. Before it was hotter than hell and now it's freezing. Why are you so excited?" He says, "Well obviously the Saints just won the Superbowl!"

Add your humorous story here!

Joshua
    Participant

I know that my post here is going to date me a bit but for those of you who have or had an answering machine you're bound to like these. For my next several post I'm going to give you some messages that were used on answering machines. Enjoy.

Ring…

This is Officer John. You have the right to remain silent. If you speak, the message you leave will be used to call you back. If you do not have a message, the court will appoint you one.

Beep…

Ring…

Hi, this is John. I'm not answering the phone right now because I'm expecting a irate call. I got a bill from a creditor the other day. The guy was really mad! He wrote: "Get with it Buddy, this bill is exactly one year old!" So I sent it back with a note: "Happy Birthday!"

Beep…

Ring…

(Rod Serling Imitation) "You're dazed, bewildered, trapped in a world without time, where sound collides with color and shadows explode. You see a sign post up ahead-this is no ordinary telephone answering device… you have reached 'The Twilight Phone'."

Beep…

More to come later folks. Enjoy the humor and humanity. You're welcome.

Joshua
    Participant

I know that my post here is going to date me a bit but for those of you who have or had an answering machine you're bound to like these. For my next several post I'm going to give you some messages that were used on answering machines. Enjoy.

Ring…

This is Officer John. You have the right to remain silent. If you speak, the message you leave will be used to call you back. If you do not have a message, the court will appoint you one.

Beep…

Ring…

Hi, this is John. I'm not answering the phone right now because I'm expecting a irate call. I got a bill from a creditor the other day. The guy was really mad! He wrote: "Get with it Buddy, this bill is exactly one year old!" So I sent it back with a note: "Happy Birthday!"

Beep…

Ring…

(Rod Serling Imitation) "You're dazed, bewildered, trapped in a world without time, where sound collides with color and shadows explode. You see a sign post up ahead-this is no ordinary telephone answering device… you have reached 'The Twilight Phone'."

Beep…

More to come later folks. Enjoy the humor and humanity. You're welcome.

Joshua
    Participant

More answering machine messages:

Ring…

Hello. This is John. Leave a message at the tone and I'll get back to you – for those who don't have lips: 'eave a 'essage an' I 'all 'ou 'ack, 'ank 'ou!

Beep…

Ring…

Hi. I won't be in for a while. I had to take my wife to the doctor. She kissed our canary – now she has chirpees!

Beep…

Ring…

Hi. I went to visit my cousin. What a turkey! He's been bragging about how he's a hotshot model – doing some photo sessions. So I asked to see some of his work – he showed me a "wanted poster!"

Beep…

Joshua
    Participant

More answering machine messages:

Ring…

Hello. This is John. Leave a message at the tone and I'll get back to you – for those who don't have lips: 'eave a 'essage an' I 'all 'ou 'ack, 'ank 'ou!

Beep…

Ring…

Hi. I won't be in for a while. I had to take my wife to the doctor. She kissed our canary – now she has chirpees!

Beep…

Ring…

Hi. I went to visit my cousin. What a turkey! He's been bragging about how he's a hotshot model – doing some photo sessions. So I asked to see some of his work – he showed me a "wanted poster!"

Beep…

Joshua
    Participant

Yup, I got some more for Ya!

Ring…

Hello. It's Jane. We're out. You know,I think my husband has been watching too much football, lately. Last night I told him I saw the New York Philharmonic play Beethoven. He asked me, "Who won?"

Beep…

Joshua
    Participant

Yup, I got some more for Ya!

Ring…

Hello. It's Jane. We're out. You know,I think my husband has been watching too much football, lately. Last night I told him I saw the New York Philharmonic play Beethoven. He asked me, "Who won?"

Beep…

Sarah2013
    Participant

I like sleeping because it’s like being dead, without the commitment.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I like sleeping because it’s like being dead, without the commitment.

emil
    Participant

lol

emil
    Participant

lol

Joshua
    Participant

You've gotta read this!

Sometimes you have to believe that all English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what other language do people drive in a parkway and park in a driveway? In what other language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? In what other language do privates eat in the general mess and generals eat in the private mess? In what other language do people ship by truck and send cargo by ship? In what other language can your nose run and your feet smell?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same and a bad licking and a good licking be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? How can sharp speech and blunt speech be the same and quite a lot and quite a few the same, while overlook and oversee are opposites? How can the weather be hot as hell one day and cold as hell the next? How can the expressions "What's going on?" and "What's coming off?" mean exactly the same thing?!?

If button and unbutton and tie and untie are opposites, why are loosen and unloosen and ravel and unravel he same? If bad is the opposite of good, hard the opposite of soft, and up the opposite of down, why are badly and goodly, hardly and softy, and upright and downright not opposing pairs? If harmless actions are the opposite of harmful nonactions, why are shameful and shameless behavior the same and pricey objects less expensive than priceless ones.

If appropriate and inappropriate remarks and passable and impassable mountain trails are opposites, why are flammable and inflammable materials, heritable and inheritable property, and passive and impassive people the same and valuable objects less treasured than invaluable ones? If uplift is the same as lift up, why are upset and set up opposite in meaning? Why are pertinent and impertinent, canny and uncanny, and famous and infamous neither opposites nor the same? How can raise and raze and reckless and wreckless be opposites when each pair contains the same sound?

Why is it that when the sun or the moon or the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible; that when I clip a coupon from a newspaper I separate it, but when I clip a coupon to a newspaper, I fasten it; and that when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I shall end it?

English is a crazy language.

How can expressions like "I'm mad about my flat," "No football coaches allowed," "I'll come by in the morning and knock you up," and "Keep your pecker up" convey such different messages in two countries that purport to speak the same English?

How can it be easier to assent than to dissent but harder to ascend than to descend? Why it is that a man with hair on his head has more hair than a man with hairs on his head; that if you decide to be bad forever, you choose to be bad for good; and that if you choose to wear only your left shoe, then your left one is right and your right one is left? Right?

Reprinted by permission.

today'sTHOT============================

If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

Joshua
    Participant

You've gotta read this!

Sometimes you have to believe that all English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what other language do people drive in a parkway and park in a driveway? In what other language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? In what other language do privates eat in the general mess and generals eat in the private mess? In what other language do people ship by truck and send cargo by ship? In what other language can your nose run and your feet smell?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same and a bad licking and a good licking be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? How can sharp speech and blunt speech be the same and quite a lot and quite a few the same, while overlook and oversee are opposites? How can the weather be hot as hell one day and cold as hell the next? How can the expressions "What's going on?" and "What's coming off?" mean exactly the same thing?!?

If button and unbutton and tie and untie are opposites, why are loosen and unloosen and ravel and unravel he same? If bad is the opposite of good, hard the opposite of soft, and up the opposite of down, why are badly and goodly, hardly and softy, and upright and downright not opposing pairs? If harmless actions are the opposite of harmful nonactions, why are shameful and shameless behavior the same and pricey objects less expensive than priceless ones.

If appropriate and inappropriate remarks and passable and impassable mountain trails are opposites, why are flammable and inflammable materials, heritable and inheritable property, and passive and impassive people the same and valuable objects less treasured than invaluable ones? If uplift is the same as lift up, why are upset and set up opposite in meaning? Why are pertinent and impertinent, canny and uncanny, and famous and infamous neither opposites nor the same? How can raise and raze and reckless and wreckless be opposites when each pair contains the same sound?

Why is it that when the sun or the moon or the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible; that when I clip a coupon from a newspaper I separate it, but when I clip a coupon to a newspaper, I fasten it; and that when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I shall end it?

English is a crazy language.

How can expressions like "I'm mad about my flat," "No football coaches allowed," "I'll come by in the morning and knock you up," and "Keep your pecker up" convey such different messages in two countries that purport to speak the same English?

How can it be easier to assent than to dissent but harder to ascend than to descend? Why it is that a man with hair on his head has more hair than a man with hairs on his head; that if you decide to be bad forever, you choose to be bad for good; and that if you choose to wear only your left shoe, then your left one is right and your right one is left? Right?

Reprinted by permission.

today'sTHOT============================

If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

emil
    Participant

A pregnant woman from Washington, DC gets in a car accident and falls into a deep coma. After almost six months, she wakes up to find she is no more pregnant and frantically asks the doctor about the baby.

The doctor replies, "Ma'am you had twins! A boy and a girl. Your brother from maryland came in and named them."

The woman thinks to herself, "No, not my brother… he's an idiot!"

She asks the doctor, "Well, what's the girl's name?"

"Denise."

"Wow, that's not a bad name. I like it. What's the boy's name?"

"Denephew."

emil
    Participant

A pregnant woman from Washington, DC gets in a car accident and falls into a deep coma. After almost six months, she wakes up to find she is no more pregnant and frantically asks the doctor about the baby.

The doctor replies, "Ma'am you had twins! A boy and a girl. Your brother from maryland came in and named them."

The woman thinks to herself, "No, not my brother… he's an idiot!"

She asks the doctor, "Well, what's the girl's name?"

"Denise."

"Wow, that's not a bad name. I like it. What's the boy's name?"

"Denephew."

Simon
    Participant

Bible trivia

Something you may not have realized

The man boaz he was ruthless until he met his wife

Simon
    Participant

Bible trivia

Something you may not have realized

The man boaz he was ruthless until he met his wife

emil
    Participant

good one Simon

emil
    Participant

good one Simon

Joshua
    Participant

A couple more answering machine funnies:

Yesterday, I went to my first Soccor game. You know, I figured out how those foreigners invented it. They stole ideas from a bunch of American sports and made it into one game! Check it out: Soccor is 22 guys wearing tennis outfits and track shoes, kicking a volleyball on a football field into an ice hockey goal, but instead of baseball bats, they use their heads!

I went to my first baseball game yesterday. Stupid game – doesn't make any sense! For example; How come nobody ever steals first base? Why can't those high paid athletes afford longer pants? The odds are terrible – one poor guy at bat against nine! And finally, why does the catcher keep giving the pitcher the finger?

Hello. You've reached Dial-A-Prayer. Please leave your name and number and pray I call you back.

Joshua
    Participant

A couple more answering machine funnies:

Yesterday, I went to my first Soccor game. You know, I figured out how those foreigners invented it. They stole ideas from a bunch of American sports and made it into one game! Check it out: Soccor is 22 guys wearing tennis outfits and track shoes, kicking a volleyball on a football field into an ice hockey goal, but instead of baseball bats, they use their heads!

I went to my first baseball game yesterday. Stupid game – doesn't make any sense! For example; How come nobody ever steals first base? Why can't those high paid athletes afford longer pants? The odds are terrible – one poor guy at bat against nine! And finally, why does the catcher keep giving the pitcher the finger?

Hello. You've reached Dial-A-Prayer. Please leave your name and number and pray I call you back.

Viewing 20 replies - 361 through 380 (of 569 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.