WMSCOG Files Second Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Former Member

admin
    Keymaster

Sarah2013
    Participant

Read it from top to bottom. I’m not the least surprised. Money, money, money like the group Abba had sung. Wow! wow! wow!

fedupmom
    Participant

It isn’t enough that her marriage broke up, and now they are suing her….. Beyond words, how will I sleep tonight- it just never ends!!!

Sarah2013
    Participant

We are really in the end times. What’s this world turning into.

Emily
    Participant

Looks very similar to the previous lawsuit.

Sarah2013
    Participant

🙂

Monica Geller
    Participant

That's the same bullshit lawsuit that got thrown out line by line in Virginny. (As it will here)  LOL.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

When the defendant wins, will she received compensation for the trouble they put her through?

Joshua
    Participant

No compensation will be given. They are focused on sucking her dry. What they don't seem to realize is that she is still married to the WMS member and when they take money from her they will also by law be taking money from him. Intimidation is the game the WMSCOG constantly plays with anyone who makes a difference against them. It's a cowards play.

Sarah2013
    Participant

It is so not jesus’ way. At least they claim he is ahng, right? Or should I say part of the triune God. See we are suppose to be mere mortals and Mama is god. So why is mama going that far to sue her lost child or maybe she is considered the kid in the city of refuge with the unpardonable sin. Don’t you guys see how silly this is? How can this sincerely be God, the creator of the universe who is not governed by money. The bible says the camels on a thousand hills belongs to him. Meaning, all good is his , so why does the universal God need five million or so dollars? Why is money a factor to this God or should I say god? God created man in his image and likeness. He is God and need not money. Can someone tell me the guy or gal Jesus took to court? Can someone tell me how much Jesus got from it? Nonsense question right? Exactly! Jesus was Magnificent. Never wanting that anyone perish. He knew judas would betray him, yet…. Exemplifies love. Thank God for trials in life cause it sure brought me closer to understanding him.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Really? Can't the defendant demand a compensation if it is proven that she didn't do anything wrong?

Reina412
    Participant

*rolls eyes* This is beyond pathetic!!! I feel so bad for her! Isn’t there some kind of petition we can sign to back her up?!

Rahab
    Participant

Has this case already been settled or is it ongoing?

x wms brother
    Participant

Will she be needing witnesses to the commentaries they distribute, if she is reading please PM me.  I am sure that the more people that can verify the actions of the members of that church, the better case she will have.  The justification they use for placing physical family members in lower priority than the church members is the study of "The Heavenly Family". In it, they take some comments from Jesus as their main reason to create the hierarchy of Church Family First, Physical Family Second.  Of course this is my experience and I have the actual book with which we would study.  What no one there liked to talk about were the others sciptures in the bible stating that your are responsible for your physical family as well. I feel as though the point is to find a balance but I don't think that most members of the church can comprehend that. So in thier preaching they mislead new members, in thier zeal. I have seen members mislead people (whether intentional or not) at times when I went preaching with them.  I am not going to debate whether this is right or wrong.  I am just saying that the studies clear intent is to establish the barrier between someone's family and the church and, while informative, some brothers and sisters do take it too far.  This is just my experience and opinion and it may not apply to everyone.

MountainMom
    Participant

I am not a former member, but I think you capture the essence of the establishment of the "barrier" very well from my experience with them, and I have been studying what they do for four years or so.  Your assessment is very accurate.  Pretty much anyone who has been associated with how they do this could attest to the truth of your statements, in my opinion.  thank you for this post.

ILJC2013
    Participant

Im so glad that there are more and more former members stepping forward!! My brother in law is in the WMSCOG. He has recruited my husband, mother in law and cousin. Everything the former members have said is completely true. I have witnessed the heartache and frustration first hand that this cult has caused! They are most definitely a cult by its behavior ALONE. I knew better then to get involved bc I noticed my brother in law disconnecting himself from the family. Family are the most important people in your life!!  They love you uncoditionally why would anyone want to spend time with "brothers and sisters" from this cult. Its a waste of time. Whenever we are around him all he talks about is the end and shows videos of the world exploding (fear method) and the video was some video from national Geo that had been edited by the church in Korean and the part in English said if you dont practice Passover this will happen to you. He also says the same things over and over which is brainwashing( even though we didnt understand a study he would say we agree right?!) He said that after every verse while jumping from section to section. He wanted to see the movie 2012 bc he said that is what was going to happen to us. ITS A MOVIE not real life. He DEFINITLY said 2012 is it. My husband also said that last year was his LAST passover. According to the whole church in TX. I knew from the second my husband started studying the joy was stolen from him, he turned into a robot. I asked him why he seemed so down and sad if this is the "true" church he said he wasnt sad just humble…had to humble himself (which has nothing to do with why he was sad) but they definitely focus on being wealthy is wrong…so in turn this caused a huge rift in my marriage bc not only did I not want to be rich but I wanted to be able to pay bills and live life but they taught my husband that money isnt important. Um it is you need it to live in the real world. My husband got baptized in a hotel room without knowing what all this church stood for….they DEFINITELY pressure you into baptizing you ASAP no matter how much you know…which is unfortuante…baptizms are special and not meant to pressured into…my husbands cousin then in turn got baptized. I asked him about Father and Mother and he had no clue. Weird…my mother in law when asked by another family member if her son (my brother in law) belives in Jesus she says yes….so once again she doesnt know they worship Father and Mother (not Jesus) and yet she was baptized too. Its very sad to me. My husband doesnt eat meals where someone has prayed over them in Jesus name. They are almost like Vampires to me they cant look at crosses or say Jesus name….that is ridiculous to me. My favorite is when you ask any questions to the cog they say we will study about that later. If this was the true church it would stand up to the scrutiny….also I want to thank this cult for ruining my life. I just want my husband back.  Sorry for the long post!!

Sarah2013
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. We live in a wicked world as you can see and often I feel people dispute this truth due to lack of knowledge. It saddens me a lot that such is even debatable. During Jesus’ time on earth, he made an effort to prove he was deity and the rest was up to the people. He knew people would doubt and for that reason showed them in so many different ways that he was from God and is God. This site is for people who do believe in Jesus, at least for the most part. So far, with this organization it has been one confusion after the other. And quite frankly, there are still some people confused due to the mental confusion they went through. I am certainly not one and can assure you your family and other families are going through so much pain. Jesus warned against false prophets in the last days, some who will be performing miracles and some who will say they are the Christ. We are living in those times.

Jesus said in Matthew 24 (which some have twisted his words): 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

26“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the desert,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. ( This east has absolutely nothing to do with Korea by the way). 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Just a shame how the bible has been twisted by man due to lack of true knowledge and greed.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

ILJC2013, I am sorry that it has happened to you too. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will pray for you and your family. I hope that this will help a little bit with what you are experiencing right now, I will be posting here an advice from a former wmscog member (Warrior) who was also in this cult for 6 years before he got out. He have message this to me personally but I would like to share it to anyone who might benefit from it.

Hi! It took me 6 years to leave, and it was because I started to research about mind control and destructive cults. It's very difficult to get out, your friends are there, people you really care about, and not only that but you feel you will loose your salvation.

You should be concerned. As far as I know, theres nothing like mass suicides or nothing like that, but if he is in school he might quit it, if he is young and promising, he might get arranged to marry somebody else, and he might get farther and farther away from the family. As I said in my post, don't be passive about this.

Try to avoid giving passages from the Bible as an argument. It doesnt work. He will feel you are persecuting him. Try to do it from a "I want to understand the doctrine better" or just dont show, to be honest, at least with me, it never worked. I always had an answer, and if I didnt have an answer, I would just block it out of my mind.

It's not up to him to be there. You have to understand that his mind is being controlled. Nobody wants to be part of a cult, if he was able to think by himself he wouldnt be there, so please, don't be passive about this. I wish my family had done something with me. I had great grades in college, I had great friends, I lost it all. I would really recommend you to read about Mind Control. I like the book "Freedom of Mind" from Steve Hassan. Also, maybe check out some of his videos. Check this one out:

http://vimeo.com/15963095

Try to read about the mind control so you can understand him better and understand what is he going through. Also, let me tell you, when you are in the church, you dont stop loving your family, but you have to block them out of your mind to "focus on Father and Mother" , so dont think he doesnt love you and also educate your family. NEVER tell him he is in a cult, or that he is brainwashed or that Ahnsahnghong or Mother are not true. Try from time to time to send him pictures of before he joined the church, try to make him think, without being aggressive. I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please let me know! Take care! Good luck!

Here is another one:

You can always do something, even though you are far away. It was difficult to leave after because of all my friends, everybody that I knew was in the church, also I had many phobias, i thought that if I left I was going to get into a car accident or I was going to get cancer or something like that, as stupid as it sounds, i really believed it.

After you leave the members will try to get you back, but they wont go to the extreme, at least they havent so far. And many times I was tempted to go back, but as I researched more I understood more and all that feeling left.

I would recommend you not to wait for him to change too much.

I saw your last post, about the Sabbath day. Maybe next time try to approach it in a different way like : "Hey , I know that the Sabbath is true, but I saw that Constantine wasn't the one that abolished it, but the Christians started to keep sunday long before that… did you know that? what do you think about it?". And make him think, and make him answer. Even though he will have an answer, but still make him think.

Try to look more interested, and not so much like arguing. and one day you can show him videos of other religions, like JW's or People's temple, just as "Saw this crazy video about these people… what do you think?" and let him watch it, he will see many similarities . Don't try to make a win-lose situation, but try to just make him think by himself, what cults do is that they make you stop thinking by yourself. How long has he being in the church? New members are sometimes a little bit harder because they are still in the honeymoon stage, while older members have already being disappointed so many times.

Sarah2013
    Participant

It’s all crazy. The writing of name in the book of so called life, as if the real God doesn’t know your name or life, the taking of pictures during baptism, which once again you never get a copy and as if God really needs your photo. All of that raises eyebrows. Makes no sense. Just too much secrecy.

admin
    Keymaster

Rahab wrote:

Has this case already been settled or is it ongoing?

This case is ongoing.  More documents will be posted soon.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.