WMSCOG Files Second Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Former Member

MountainMom
    Participant

Wow!  Just finished reading these motions and appendixes.  I recommend to everyone that they familiarize themselves with this case. 

admin
    Keymaster

On February 9, 2015, the above lawsuit filed by the WMSCOG was dismissed.  Click below to read more.

Second Lawsuit Against Former Member Gets Thrown Out

MountainMom
    Participant

So, if I read this correctly, the wms doubled it's income in the Jersey area while at the same time, their leaders were suing the admin of this site and citing loss of revenue as one of  their main reasons for the suit?  That doesn't seem like the real reason.  To me it seems like they wanted this site down and used a lawsuit as an intimidation tactic.  (my opinion)  Other prominent cults do the same from what I gather. 

At this time, I am celebrating the fact that truth and freedom of speech are still alive in this country!  You couldn't pry the smile off my face with a crowbar!

Emily
    Participant

Yes I believe that you are reading this correctly.  What I would like to know is WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?  When I was there, I was told that the money is sent to the general assembly in Korea.  So what happens to it after that?  Also, do the members know how much money is coming in?  I feel like they always made it seem like there wasn't enough money coming in when I was a member.

MountainMom
    Participant

Emily, the members don't know where the money is going, or how much is coming in.  They have no idea.  There is absolutely no transparency on that for general members.  They always say, "Oh they would tell me if I asked" but they never ask because they would get rebuked for having the gall to ask.  And yes, no amount of money coming in seems to be enough.  They are always being pressured to give more or recruit more people to give more. 

By the way, I am pretty sure the millions talked about here are only from the jersey area churches, not all the other churches in the U.S. combined.  This is a very lucrative business they have going. 

setufree
    Participant

Emily, In Nj/Nyc it was told that the money was sent to General assembly to be divided into establishing new churches in other countries, pay for bills for the electricity, food, maintenance, help pay for mission trips for members.

No amount is ever enough, and I know that if a member misses out on their tithe or it is low, they will privately ask you, if everything is ok, or that maybe you should find a better paying job.

There is always some way you can grab a blessing through the week, by donating money for various activities, buying furnishings, supplies, food, and church equipment. I knew someone who would only work just to pay the church. Their entire paycheck went to free will offerings, tithing, and team donations.

Oh and members are informed to never ask for any tax receipts because it should come from the heart.

It seemed that even though members were all working just to give most of their income to the church, it was still never enough.

Before bringing in a new recruit you had to make sure they had a stable job.

Without Prejudice
    Participant

As (((STAINED))) once posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo 

real truth !

Smurf
    Participant

Without Prejudice wrote:

As (((STAINED))) once posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo 

real truth !

Ah, yes. Coming from a channel called " Eat sh it and die"…

Enough said.

Emily
    Participant

Whoever was told not to ask for tax receipts needs to speak up! That should definitely be reported to the IRS and to the respective State Attorney General’s Office. They are a nonprofit with tax exempt status and I be that they are required to issue receipts for any donations. If it’s true that people are told not to ask for receipts, it just makes the whole thing look more suspicious. No receipt means no record of that money ever coming in. There doesn’t seem to be any accountability or transparency in the WMSCOG.

MountainMom
    Participant

I wonder how long the IRS can ignore this scam.  Just because they lost the first battle with a cult does that mean they lost the war?  I am glad the IRS wasn't in charge of WWII.

Plaintiffs Counsel
    Participant

To: Harry Doe, Carlos Doe, SRE Doe, Jesus of Nazareth and all other persons and/or entities who have posted, edited and/or otherwise made the statements that are located at: https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4659&page=4#post-35029

You are hereby notified that a lawsuit has been filed that, among other items, seeks a court order to compel the disclosure of your identities. If you are one of the posters of the statements to which the above-link applies, and you do not want your identity disclosed, you should so notify the following parties and the Court. This will entitle you to appear in the matter (presumably through counsel who will not disclose your identity; but you may certainly appear pro se if that is your wish) so that  you or your counsel can oppose this relief.

In any event, you have until May 7, 2015 to file and serve opposition to the currently pending application. Any such opposition must be served simultaneously upon both Intellectual Freedom Foundation, Inc. through its attorney Paul S. Grosswald, Esq. at [email protected] and to the plaintiffs through their attorneys Nissenbaum Law Group, LLC at [email protected] and also filed with the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Attn: Honorable John Langan, J.S.C., 10 Main Street, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601.

To identify the pending motion, please refer in your opposition to Mauro et als. v. Intellectual Freedom Foundation, Inc, Docket No. BER-L-9736-13.

MountainMom
    Participant

It is my opinion that the wms will debate scriptures with you till the cows come home, but if you start talking about the IRS or their finances and get a little too close, it's like you kicked a bee hive and they (or their lawyers) come swarming out and stinging.  That's just my opinion.

MountainMom
    Participant

I also think it is pretty funny that the Plaintiffs Counsel would say that "if you do not want your identity disclosed you should notify the following parties and the court."  If anyone on here wanted their identity disclosed they wouldn't use a "user name," would they?  Really, this all makes no sense to me. 

Plaintiffs Counsel
    Participant

NOTICE TO CARLOS DOE (SECOND)

To: Carlos Doe who has posted, edited or otherwise made the statements located at: https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4659&page=4#post-35029. Specifically, the following two statements:

“Perreira certification…..aka formerly Deacon AC now Missionary AC and also known as "Mac" is a part time fry cook and barely owns the clothes on his back "allegedly"let alone the lincoln grill. Hey, Mac, hows Davina? Yeah everybody knows about that too! Hmmm wonder if Mac's wife knows about that?”

“John and Davina were an arranged marriage……Davina told me this herself!

Davina and Mac are together…..Davina told me this herself!

Davina uses "sexual inuendo" to recruit male members……Davina told me this herself!

Davina will say or do anything to get someone to join…….Davina told me this herself!

I guess she could have made the whole thing up but I don't think so because we were very good friends and she seemed very proud of it. I would not normally divulge information like this but she never said it was a secret and ever since i left she has been spreading terrible lies about me. I know this for a fact because there is someone she is still friends with who tells me everything she says.

My mind is very clear these days, I remember a lot of things but I have trouble remembering last names of former friends I don't know why that is. Does anyone know?”

You are hereby notified that a lawsuit has been filed that, among other items, seeks a court order to compel the disclosure of the identity of the person who posted these statements. If you are the posters of the statements that are referenced above, and you do not want your identity disclosed, you should so notify the following parties and the Court. This will entitle you to appear in the matter (presumably through counsel who will not disclose your identity; but you may certainly appear pro se if that is your wish) so that you or your counsel can oppose this relief.

We believe you have retained Thomas J. Giblin and filed a motion for protective order. Nevertheless, you have until Monday, June 15, 2015 to file and serve opposition to the currently pending application. Any such opposition must be served simultaneously upon both Intellectual Freedom Foundation, Inc. through its attorney Paul S. Grosswald, Esq. at [email protected] and to the plaintiffs through their attorneys Nissenbaum Law Group, LLC at [email protected] and also filed with the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Attn: Honorable John Langan, J.S.C., 10 Main Street, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601.

To identify the pending motion, please refer in your opposition to Mauro et als. v. Intellectual Freedom Foundation, Inc., et als. Docket No. BER-L-9736-13.

MountainMom
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I also think it is pretty funny that the Plaintiffs Counsel would say that "if you do not want your identity disclosed you should notify the following parties and the court."  If anyone on here wanted their identity disclosed they wouldn't use a "user name," would they?  Really, this all makes no sense to me. 

Does this statement seem unnecessary to anyone else?

Viewing 15 replies - 141 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.