"The True WMSCOG" on Missionary Ron Ramos Explains Why He Left the WMSCOG After 12 Years

Storm
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Questioninginla wrote:

@Anon (or anyone for that matter)

re: poverty.

Is it true that the homeless, poor, handicapped did something to "deserve" their ailment?  ie, "blame the victim"?

Luke 4:16-21

He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the wealthy. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

who see's the problem with that quotation?

Simon wrote:

Oh and I forgot

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are rich, for yours in the kingdom of God. …

and

James 2:5. Did not God choose the wealthy of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

wrong! Jesus said the poor

Simon
    Participant

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

Simon
    Participant

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

Storm
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

what's your point Simon?  I think I know, but don't want to go ahead of you, can you say.

Storm
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

what's your point Simon?  I think I know, but don't want to go ahead of you, can you say.

Disturbed
    Participant

I never heard anyone blame the victim for their homelessness or handicapped situations. We were just told specifically not to preach to homeless people because they might not have the “right” intentions when coming to Zion-they may only come for the free food.

I’ve seen some special needs members in Zions I attended but there was always a family member assisting them so as far as I know it wasn’t an issue.

We would not preach to people if they had behavior that looked like they were intoxicated or on drugs.

But as you can see every Zion is different. The basic doctrine is the same but there can also be many differences.

Disturbed
    Participant

I never heard anyone blame the victim for their homelessness or handicapped situations. We were just told specifically not to preach to homeless people because they might not have the “right” intentions when coming to Zion-they may only come for the free food.

I’ve seen some special needs members in Zions I attended but there was always a family member assisting them so as far as I know it wasn’t an issue.

We would not preach to people if they had behavior that looked like they were intoxicated or on drugs.

But as you can see every Zion is different. The basic doctrine is the same but there can also be many differences.

Simon
    Participant

Storm wrote:

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

WMSCOG teaching not to preach to the poor vs Jesus saying to preach to the poor 

Simon
    Participant

Storm wrote:

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

Storm
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

oh! duh! LOL I'm so tired sorry.  True True True. …. it's a spiritual thing and rich ppl need salvation too

Storm
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

Simon wrote:

Storm wrote:

That sounds right

oh! duh! LOL I'm so tired sorry.  True True True. …. it's a spiritual thing and rich ppl need salvation too

Participant

ANONUSAMEMBER

"Non-robot member" stories are usually told from a very biased perspective, there is usually more to the story than the people who are crying "foul" will tell you.

I understand with complete sincerity that a lot of people have hurt feelings when they are told to leave, but if you ask your group leaders, I am sure they will tell you that they and the Pastor did not come to such decisions lightly, nor did they make their decisions in haste. It is usually only after repeated bad examples and their own claim that they are unwilling to set better examples that we say "well then perhaps this religion is not for you".

I sympathize deeply with family members and people who have family members that butt heads over religion. Half of my own family did with me, the other half are neutral, and only one other was baptised. But again, and I garauntee you this here, you are again only hearing half of the story. Do you think the wives and family members will say to you "then I called him a brainwashed idiot and demanded that he choose between me or the church"? No, they will not admit that they were argumentative or confrontational, people do not realize that maybe the family members weren't the same soft-spoken bleeding hearts that you hear now.

There are mixed messages about more difficult preaching subjects, because some groups are not sent on those missions, while other groups who are better equipped with studies are. If we met IRL I could show you pictures of all the poor members who were baptized and the poor areas we and even I preached in, I should show you the handicapped members of our Zions, I could even ask a couple of the gay members if they wanted to share their accomodating and triumphant experience with you. You are a brother, not theese wicked people, I would gladly show you all theese things to help you rest your hurting heart.

I urge you not to jump to conclusions, but examine first the type of people who are making arguments here, examine whether "abortion" was a church teaching or something an ex member blatantly says they thought up all on their own.

Write down a list of your questions, by no means will we withhold anything from you; see if the answers of Father and Mother in Zion satisfy you.

Participant

ANONUSAMEMBER

"Non-robot member" stories are usually told from a very biased perspective, there is usually more to the story than the people who are crying "foul" will tell you.

I understand with complete sincerity that a lot of people have hurt feelings when they are told to leave, but if you ask your group leaders, I am sure they will tell you that they and the Pastor did not come to such decisions lightly, nor did they make their decisions in haste. It is usually only after repeated bad examples and their own claim that they are unwilling to set better examples that we say "well then perhaps this religion is not for you".

I sympathize deeply with family members and people who have family members that butt heads over religion. Half of my own family did with me, the other half are neutral, and only one other was baptised. But again, and I garauntee you this here, you are again only hearing half of the story. Do you think the wives and family members will say to you "then I called him a brainwashed idiot and demanded that he choose between me or the church"? No, they will not admit that they were argumentative or confrontational, people do not realize that maybe the family members weren't the same soft-spoken bleeding hearts that you hear now.

There are mixed messages about more difficult preaching subjects, because some groups are not sent on those missions, while other groups who are better equipped with studies are. If we met IRL I could show you pictures of all the poor members who were baptized and the poor areas we and even I preached in, I should show you the handicapped members of our Zions, I could even ask a couple of the gay members if they wanted to share their accomodating and triumphant experience with you. You are a brother, not theese wicked people, I would gladly show you all theese things to help you rest your hurting heart.

I urge you not to jump to conclusions, but examine first the type of people who are making arguments here, examine whether "abortion" was a church teaching or something an ex member blatantly says they thought up all on their own.

Write down a list of your questions, by no means will we withhold anything from you; see if the answers of Father and Mother in Zion satisfy you.

Participant

Heck, I would even call theese people on the phone for you, so you could hear real people and the testimonies of our good examples.

If you were by their Zion you could evne meet them there and talk in person.

It may be wise to smooth things over with the group leaders first, but all of this is available, if we can seek the truth together instead of coming to an argument.

Participant

Heck, I would even call theese people on the phone for you, so you could hear real people and the testimonies of our good examples.

If you were by their Zion you could evne meet them there and talk in person.

It may be wise to smooth things over with the group leaders first, but all of this is available, if we can seek the truth together instead of coming to an argument.

emil
    Participant

@ANONUSAMEMBER
    – I do not know what chruch experience you had prior to being a member of the wmscog. I believe that this group takes scripture and twists its context to create a convenient interpretation. I can only suggest one thing. Keep an open mind. Discuss with us here the things you have learned from the wmscog and see whether they hold up to scripture and logic. The final decision is yours.

emil
    Participant

@ANONUSAMEMBER
    – I do not know what chruch experience you had prior to being a member of the wmscog. I believe that this group takes scripture and twists its context to create a convenient interpretation. I can only suggest one thing. Keep an open mind. Discuss with us here the things you have learned from the wmscog and see whether they hold up to scripture and logic. The final decision is yours.

Simon
    Participant

Ultimately 144000 you nitpick on the smallest arguments that aren’t why we left. If you notice none of us left over abortion or preaching only to rich people they are factors for some possibly but its the whole picture that’s wrong

As I have said I preached in poor areas in my Zion I was told abortion was bad I had two black deacons one was married to a Korea nor was i told 2012 was the end of the world (only completion of the temple)i didn’t experience. ANY of what you are willing to address. Ionly see you strawman their experiences and call them liars

And avoid most of their and all of my experiences to validate your own view

Simon
    Participant

Ultimately 144000 you nitpick on the smallest arguments that aren’t why we left. If you notice none of us left over abortion or preaching only to rich people they are factors for some possibly but its the whole picture that’s wrong

As I have said I preached in poor areas in my Zion I was told abortion was bad I had two black deacons one was married to a Korea nor was i told 2012 was the end of the world (only completion of the temple)i didn’t experience. ANY of what you are willing to address. Ionly see you strawman their experiences and call them liars

And avoid most of their and all of my experiences to validate your own view

Questioninginla
    Participant

144000 wrote:

I will metaphorically step into 144000's body and say:

"I'm 144000, and I subscribe to stereotyped and anecdotal thinking".

Separation from family over religion:

Moonies

JWs

Jesus of Siberia

AJ Miller

cut to about 9:30 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Oa4Oigvo

"No, they will not admit that they were argumentative or confrontational, people do not realize that maybe the family members weren't the same soft-spoken bleeding hearts that you hear now." 

Just more blame the victim – all across the board – by people convinced a human is God.  Not to worry, 144000 has bet the farm that this one is true.  He will watch the video looking for differences and excuses rather than similarities.  Poor thing, this 144000….

Viewing 20 replies - 681 through 700 (of 785 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.