More and more people claim WMSCOG is a cult

Joshua
    Participant

Time posted: I'm sorry but my relationship with my family was not damaged because of the church, and I know of several church members whose relationships with their spouses, children, and relatives became much better after their involvement in the church of God.  

We have seen these claims before. Ok, I'm willing to listen. Name these several members who's relationships with their non-involved family members have gotten better. I'm open to this so go ahead.

Joshua
    Participant

Time posted: I'm sorry but my relationship with my family was not damaged because of the church, and I know of several church members whose relationships with their spouses, children, and relatives became much better after their involvement in the church of God.  

We have seen these claims before. Ok, I'm willing to listen. Name these several members who's relationships with their non-involved family members have gotten better. I'm open to this so go ahead.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Time: This is about Wmscog not the Catholic Church. Your comments on them may be true but such comparison is irrelevant. Do you realise how Wmscog started? Do you even know the story of Ahn? Do you know SDA and the connection to Ahn? Do you really deeply understand who Ellen G. White was and her connection to SDA? So when you jump on the old Catholic issue while the issue here is about wmscog, then you will need to know that wmscog is just, if not worse than the Catholic Church that is constantly on their lips.

By the way, I was raised Catholic (not catholic anymore for over 2 decades) and knew a lot about them way before I even knew Wmscog existed.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Time: This is about Wmscog not the Catholic Church. Your comments on them may be true but such comparison is irrelevant. Do you realise how Wmscog started? Do you even know the story of Ahn? Do you know SDA and the connection to Ahn? Do you really deeply understand who Ellen G. White was and her connection to SDA? So when you jump on the old Catholic issue while the issue here is about wmscog, then you will need to know that wmscog is just, if not worse than the Catholic Church that is constantly on their lips.

By the way, I was raised Catholic (not catholic anymore for over 2 decades) and knew a lot about them way before I even knew Wmscog existed.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So if time lists all the names Joshua is going to know them?  So joshua knows over a million people who goes to the church. 

How about Joshua starts off by naming people who were broken up by Wmscog, not examining website ID's because we don't even know if they are real exmembers, but names, so we can verfy their claims. This would be much better and quicker because how can we write over a million names in one post, sounds fair? give and take. So you go first Joshua.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So if time lists all the names Joshua is going to know them?  So joshua knows over a million people who goes to the church. 

How about Joshua starts off by naming people who were broken up by Wmscog, not examining website ID's because we don't even know if they are real exmembers, but names, so we can verfy their claims. This would be much better and quicker because how can we write over a million names in one post, sounds fair? give and take. So you go first Joshua.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Sarah can you enlighten us and tell us

1. How WMSCOG started

2. Story of Ahnsahnghong

3. Inside story of SDA and connection to Ahnsahnghong

4.Ellen G. white 

Please enlighten us. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Sarah can you enlighten us and tell us

1. How WMSCOG started

2. Story of Ahnsahnghong

3. Inside story of SDA and connection to Ahnsahnghong

4.Ellen G. white 

Please enlighten us. 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Time wrote:

13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.

Acts 2:46 — Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.

By "inordinate" it means excessive like 12 hours a day, 5 times a week, like you are practically living with them…Can you say this is applicable to what the disciples did? As you can read point 13 states "members are EXPECTED" meaning this is COMPULSORY. I cannot fit this situation with the biblical verse you gave me. Their meeting together in the temple court was to share a meal and as you can see they just ate together with GLAD and SINCERE hearts, it was voluntary and not compulsory.

Well the verse says the disciples were together everyday(that's more than 5 days a week), I mean do you spend time in Church everyday???

And

How do you know that the members of the World Mission Society Church of God are not there with GLAD and sincere hearts? Have you met and talked to every single church of God member in the world???

Personally I am there with a Glad and sincere heart, even after I reviewed this whole website, and the read all the comments in this forum. Because I believe the practices to be biblical sound (I.e. the sabbath, Passover and Feasts of God)

The participation of all the members us voluntary, not compulsory…. Please stop using this criteria to judge the church, there is not scientific data to the claims cult experts like Hassan and others make. Is all based on their experience.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to answer, but I'm trying to answer every point without skipping one.

That's okay, there is no hurry. Thank you for your paticipation in this discussion. I believe that it is true that you are serving wmscog out of the goodness of your heart and you are truly happy there. But some people cannot say the same, I can believe what you say but I will have to limit it to your experience only. Just because you didn't experienced bad things doesn't mean it didn't happen at all. Other people have told their experience that contradicts your words, I have no reason to doubt them as I have no proof that they are lying.

In regards to our debate about this voluntary and not compulsory stuff…I do not know if you are willing to try but I have to ask, can you try being absent for 2 weeks in your zion without feeling the mental pressure of going back or without them being angry at you for being absent? Other people have stated that if you missed one service, for whatever reason, the members make you feel guilty for it, others get reprimanded. There is nothing more important than going to the zion, even accidents should not stop you and there are reported accidents which brings us to the fact, aren't members supposed to be safe from disasters and accidents? That is what wmscog teaches right?

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Time wrote:

13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.

Acts 2:46 — Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.

By "inordinate" it means excessive like 12 hours a day, 5 times a week, like you are practically living with them…Can you say this is applicable to what the disciples did? As you can read point 13 states "members are EXPECTED" meaning this is COMPULSORY. I cannot fit this situation with the biblical verse you gave me. Their meeting together in the temple court was to share a meal and as you can see they just ate together with GLAD and SINCERE hearts, it was voluntary and not compulsory.

Well the verse says the disciples were together everyday(that's more than 5 days a week), I mean do you spend time in Church everyday???

And

How do you know that the members of the World Mission Society Church of God are not there with GLAD and sincere hearts? Have you met and talked to every single church of God member in the world???

Personally I am there with a Glad and sincere heart, even after I reviewed this whole website, and the read all the comments in this forum. Because I believe the practices to be biblical sound (I.e. the sabbath, Passover and Feasts of God)

The participation of all the members us voluntary, not compulsory…. Please stop using this criteria to judge the church, there is not scientific data to the claims cult experts like Hassan and others make. Is all based on their experience.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to answer, but I'm trying to answer every point without skipping one.

That's okay, there is no hurry. Thank you for your paticipation in this discussion. I believe that it is true that you are serving wmscog out of the goodness of your heart and you are truly happy there. But some people cannot say the same, I can believe what you say but I will have to limit it to your experience only. Just because you didn't experienced bad things doesn't mean it didn't happen at all. Other people have told their experience that contradicts your words, I have no reason to doubt them as I have no proof that they are lying.

In regards to our debate about this voluntary and not compulsory stuff…I do not know if you are willing to try but I have to ask, can you try being absent for 2 weeks in your zion without feeling the mental pressure of going back or without them being angry at you for being absent? Other people have stated that if you missed one service, for whatever reason, the members make you feel guilty for it, others get reprimanded. There is nothing more important than going to the zion, even accidents should not stop you and there are reported accidents which brings us to the fact, aren't members supposed to be safe from disasters and accidents? That is what wmscog teaches right?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Spectrum wrote:

Time wrote:

14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

1 Corinthians 5:11 — But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

I think you just twisted another scipture again. The verse's point is that you do not associate with sinful people, those who have VICES. The point in verse 14 is that most cults will ISOLATE you from other people (may they be good or bad) that do not practice the same beliefs as you.

Well then in that case this doesn't apply to the World Mission Society Church of God either, I have friends who do not belong to the church, and I have spent time with them. I also have family members who are not in church, and I have spent time with them.

So I guess this one doesn't apply to the Church of God either.

My son states he spends time with us as well.  That includes him showing up 15-30 minutes after he tells us he is coming and then telling us he has to leave within an hour of getting there.  He is always late and always has somewhere he has to be shortly after he arrives.  Do not kid yourself, Time, your family has been deeply affected by this and as a mother, it is very painful. 

I cry on a regular basis for the son that I have lost, the brother that my other son has lost, the pain that he has caused his aunts, grandparents, friends, girlfriends, etc.  He has refused to eat my mother's food because they said grace before eating, this broke my mother…she played a huge role in his upbringing and he has always loved grandma's food.  He refused to attend his aunt's wedding, who admittedly so, was his favorite aunt and would do anything for him.  I love my son more than you can ever imagine and so does his family.  We are not cross worshipers, following the anti-Christ, Satan, bad people…but that is how we are "judged" in the WMSCOG eyes.  I am sad for you, Time, that you do not see this, but even sadder for the family and friends you are denying a loving relationship with.  Please do not disrespect me by saying your relationship with family/friends has not been affected.  Your family, if given the chance, would most likely have similar statements if you just took the time to really listen to them. 

Accusations, if Time says he and his family is ok , then you should accept his word, instead of calling him out.  To each of you this may sound true, and us false, but to us this sounds false, and what we say sounds true.  Untill you have proof that will hold up in court then don't accuse the church of these things

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Spectrum wrote:

Time wrote:

14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

1 Corinthians 5:11 — But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

I think you just twisted another scipture again. The verse's point is that you do not associate with sinful people, those who have VICES. The point in verse 14 is that most cults will ISOLATE you from other people (may they be good or bad) that do not practice the same beliefs as you.

Well then in that case this doesn't apply to the World Mission Society Church of God either, I have friends who do not belong to the church, and I have spent time with them. I also have family members who are not in church, and I have spent time with them.

My son states he spends time with us as well.  That includes him showing up 15-30 minutes after he tells us he is coming and then telling us he has to leave within an hour of getting there.  He is always late and always has somewhere he has to be shortly after he arrives.  Do not kid yourself, Time, your family has been deeply affected by this and as a mother, it is very painful. 

I cry on a regular basis for the son that I have lost, the brother that my other son has lost, the pain that he has caused his aunts, grandparents, friends, girlfriends, etc.  He has refused to eat my mother's food because they said grace before eating, this broke my mother…she played a huge role in his upbringing and he has always loved grandma's food.  He refused to attend his aunt's wedding, who admittedly so, was his favorite aunt and would do anything for him.  I love my son more than you can ever imagine and so does his family.  We are not cross worshipers, following the anti-Christ, Satan, bad people…but that is how we are "judged" in the WMSCOG eyes.  I am sad for you, Time, that you do not see this, but even sadder for the family and friends you are denying a loving relationship with.  Please do not disrespect me by saying your relationship with family/friends has not been affected.  Your family, if given the chance, would most likely have similar statements if you just took the time to really listen to them. 

Accusations, if Time says he and his family is ok , then you should accept his word, instead of calling him out.  To each of you this may sound true, and us false, but to us this sounds false, and what we say sounds true.  Untill you have proof that will hold up in court then don't accuse the church of these things

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Time wrote:

As I have said before, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other zions or will not happen to you in the future. Many former wmscog members claims that number 14 happened to them. You said that it is only true if it happens every single time…but that is not the correct way of thinking. You are limiting it to what you experience and disregard anyone who claims differently when you haven't even made the effort of knowing whether their claims are true or not. 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Time wrote:

As I have said before, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other zions or will not happen to you in the future. Many former wmscog members claims that number 14 happened to them. You said that it is only true if it happens every single time…but that is not the correct way of thinking. You are limiting it to what you experience and disregard anyone who claims differently when you haven't even made the effort of knowing whether their claims are true or not. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Time:

I've talked with so many people whose cause of separation was the church, it really is an issue that can't be denied. It isn't just once or twice this has happened, it is an ongoing problem. In the case of many of the people here and many I've met elsewhere, it is the issue.  I don't know of a single case where the person's relationships with family became better because of involvement with the church.  Not one.  If you have a loved one in the church and you aren't joining in, your relationships deteriorate.  And it is because of how these members are told to react when their family doesn't accept the church's doctrine as the "truth."  

It is unfortunate that this church doesn't admit and deal with the obvious and ongoing problems it creates.  If it did, this site wouldn't have to be in existence.

MountainMom
    Participant

Time:

I've talked with so many people whose cause of separation was the church, it really is an issue that can't be denied. It isn't just once or twice this has happened, it is an ongoing problem. In the case of many of the people here and many I've met elsewhere, it is the issue.  I don't know of a single case where the person's relationships with family became better because of involvement with the church.  Not one.  If you have a loved one in the church and you aren't joining in, your relationships deteriorate.  And it is because of how these members are told to react when their family doesn't accept the church's doctrine as the "truth."  

It is unfortunate that this church doesn't admit and deal with the obvious and ongoing problems it creates.  If it did, this site wouldn't have to be in existence.

Sarah2013
    Participant

My point exactly. You have no clue. You just follow whatever you are thought. Go figure, FTOS.

Sarah2013
    Participant

My point exactly. You have no clue. You just follow whatever you are thought. Go figure, FTOS.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

Time wrote:

The problem is Many many many many over 100,00's professes just as time, the complete opposite, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and to dismiss it utterly wrong, it means you are only clinging on to your own thoughts and refuse to accept anything else.  I don't dismiss their claims, you can have a bad experience in anything or with any person or group, what I am saying is you can't go cry foul off of a few testimonies but have proof which will hold up,  and testimony does not hold up, because there are 100s and thousands who say and testify otherwise, but you dismiss theirs like you dissmised time's

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

Time wrote:

The problem is Many many many many over 100,00's professes just as time, the complete opposite, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and to dismiss it utterly wrong, it means you are only clinging on to your own thoughts and refuse to accept anything else.  I don't dismiss their claims, you can have a bad experience in anything or with any person or group, what I am saying is you can't go cry foul off of a few testimonies but have proof which will hold up,  and testimony does not hold up, because there are 100s and thousands who say and testify otherwise, but you dismiss theirs like you dissmised time's

Viewing 20 replies - 121 through 140 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.