More and more people claim WMSCOG is a cult

Time
    Participant

You have oversimplified what you feel were the pertinate points of the life and followers of Jesus. This point is so flawed I don't even have a starting point for it. Why would Peter be willing to die along side of Jesus? Jesus had already shared with Peter that what Peter believed about Jesus being the Son of God was true. Jesus revealed himself not just here but in many parts of scripture. According to WMSCOG teachings Ahn NEVER did.

Well I can say to you that all those who have read the book: The mystery of God and the Spring of the Water of life, can testify to you that Christ Ahnsahnghong did say He was God… When you read for example chapter 1… Unsealing the Seven Thunders or Chapter 17. The order of Melchizedek, you can see Christ Ahnsahnghong testifying that he was Second Coming Christ, God Almighty.

Understand this if you get nothing else out of my response; We all know about how you and thousands of others are being deceived by the lies and deceptions of the WMS.

In your opinion we are being deceived, just like in the opinion of the Jewish people you are being deceived for believing in Jesus as the Messiah…

You don't need to try to quantify your responses with the number of people that have been coned and taken advantage of. I for ONE feel sorry for each and every one of them which is why we try to help and why we are Examiming the WMSCOG and revealing the false teachings and deceptions. The idea that those of us here seeing the inconsistancy of Ahn's teaching as invalid is a cult control type of response.

Again I must say if Apologetics about someone’s faith is “a cult control type of response” Then all Christians who try to defend their faith from non-Christians are indeed in a cult.

If their points don't match up with ours, invalidate them.

I’m working on that….

Here's the rub; the proof in on you! We claim that Jesus is the Son of God just as the Bible teaches and your group claims that Ahn is the reencarnated son of god as the WMSCOG teaches.

Through the Bible….

The proof and conclusions drawn up by the WMSCOG are highly questionable and weak at best. How bad it has to suck to try to defend the WMS seems overwelming. By the way, if you are going to continue to use the WMSCOG yardstick of Ahn fulfilled prophesy so he must be god line then I could also throw my hat into the running for being your god.

Really?? You want to go there? OK… Can you explain to me Micah 4:1-2?

Micah 4:1-2 — Inthe last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established

as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and peoples will stream to it.  Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.”

The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lordfrom Jerusalem.

Please let me know where is Zion in the last days??? Where I can go and learn the way of God?? And where many people from different nations will stream??

Are you the one who is supposed to fulfill this prophecy?

How many different ways do the teachings of the WMSCOG have to be wrong before you wake up, take the wool off of your head, and see the truth? What disagrees with the WMSCOG teachings? The Word of God, Historical record, Archealogy, All of the different calanders, Some WMS teachings contradict other WMS teachings, and the WMSCOG's own man made created god Ahn disagrees with the WMS.

The Bible doesn’t contradict the Church of God, History doesn’t contradict the Church of God, Archeology doesn’t contradict the Church of God, Calendars do not contradict the Church of God, our teaching doesn’t contradict the Church of God, and Christ Ahnsahnghong does not contradict the Church of God….

I am working on a project to show all of this… be patient… give me… TIME.

Like I stated before; It must really suck to try to defend the heavily flawed and deceptive WMSCOG. You have my pitty and my prayers for your quick exit. Put your faith in the one who paid the price for you. Believe in Him and Him alone.

Thanks Joshua…but I don’t need you pity, I only need Gods mercy and grace… and by the way I am putting my faith in the one that paid the price for me… Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother Jerusalem.

Time
    Participant

You have oversimplified what you feel were the pertinate points of the life and followers of Jesus. This point is so flawed I don't even have a starting point for it. Why would Peter be willing to die along side of Jesus? Jesus had already shared with Peter that what Peter believed about Jesus being the Son of God was true. Jesus revealed himself not just here but in many parts of scripture. According to WMSCOG teachings Ahn NEVER did.

Well I can say to you that all those who have read the book: The mystery of God and the Spring of the Water of life, can testify to you that Christ Ahnsahnghong did say He was God… When you read for example chapter 1… Unsealing the Seven Thunders or Chapter 17. The order of Melchizedek, you can see Christ Ahnsahnghong testifying that he was Second Coming Christ, God Almighty.

Understand this if you get nothing else out of my response; We all know about how you and thousands of others are being deceived by the lies and deceptions of the WMS.

In your opinion we are being deceived, just like in the opinion of the Jewish people you are being deceived for believing in Jesus as the Messiah…

You don't need to try to quantify your responses with the number of people that have been coned and taken advantage of. I for ONE feel sorry for each and every one of them which is why we try to help and why we are Examiming the WMSCOG and revealing the false teachings and deceptions. The idea that those of us here seeing the inconsistancy of Ahn's teaching as invalid is a cult control type of response.

Again I must say if Apologetics about someone’s faith is “a cult control type of response” Then all Christians who try to defend their faith from non-Christians are indeed in a cult.

If their points don't match up with ours, invalidate them.

I’m working on that….

Here's the rub; the proof in on you! We claim that Jesus is the Son of God just as the Bible teaches and your group claims that Ahn is the reencarnated son of god as the WMSCOG teaches.

Through the Bible….

The proof and conclusions drawn up by the WMSCOG are highly questionable and weak at best. How bad it has to suck to try to defend the WMS seems overwelming. By the way, if you are going to continue to use the WMSCOG yardstick of Ahn fulfilled prophesy so he must be god line then I could also throw my hat into the running for being your god.

Really?? You want to go there? OK… Can you explain to me Micah 4:1-2?

Micah 4:1-2 — Inthe last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established

as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and peoples will stream to it.  Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.”

The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lordfrom Jerusalem.

Please let me know where is Zion in the last days??? Where I can go and learn the way of God?? And where many people from different nations will stream??

Are you the one who is supposed to fulfill this prophecy?

How many different ways do the teachings of the WMSCOG have to be wrong before you wake up, take the wool off of your head, and see the truth? What disagrees with the WMSCOG teachings? The Word of God, Historical record, Archealogy, All of the different calanders, Some WMS teachings contradict other WMS teachings, and the WMSCOG's own man made created god Ahn disagrees with the WMS.

The Bible doesn’t contradict the Church of God, History doesn’t contradict the Church of God, Archeology doesn’t contradict the Church of God, Calendars do not contradict the Church of God, our teaching doesn’t contradict the Church of God, and Christ Ahnsahnghong does not contradict the Church of God….

Like I stated before; It must really suck to try to defend the heavily flawed and deceptive WMSCOG. You have my pitty and my prayers for your quick exit. Put your faith in the one who paid the price for you. Believe in Him and Him alone.

Thanks Joshua…but I don’t need you pity, I only need Gods mercy and grace… and by the way I am putting my faith in the one that paid the price for me… Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother Jerusalem.

genny
    Participant

Time wrote:

Yes, there are many contradictions.  Here are some (among many)…

historical contradictions (with the Antichrist and Daniel teachings: https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4642)

the big calendar contradiction (which is a contradiction with the Bible and the wmscog's own teaching… https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4646 )

some major Biblical contradictions (http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/p/summary-of-key-verses.html)

and some basic Biblical contradictions (http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/p/summary-of-mistakes.html)

That's too much to address in just this one thread, but when you have time, Time, I would especially like to hear explanations regarding the historical contradictions and the calendar problem.

genny
    Participant

Time wrote:

Yes, there are many contradictions.  Here are some (among many)…

historical contradictions (with the Antichrist and Daniel teachings: https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4642)

the big calendar contradiction (which is a contradiction with the Bible and the wmscog's own teaching… https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4646 )

some major Biblical contradictions (http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/p/summary-of-key-verses.html)

and some basic Biblical contradictions (http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/p/summary-of-mistakes.html)

That's too much to address in just this one thread, but when you have time, Time, I would especially like to hear explanations regarding the historical contradictions and the calendar problem.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Ftos and Time:

And how about this, if you want to hear what a member who is currently active in the wmscog thinks:  My relative admitted to his Dad that not all people in the church are happy.  There is some real unhappiness there.  It is just that it is discouraged to show anything but the "fake happy face."  (The last line is mine)    But I know they have to have that smile on their faces in order to recruit, and they cannot express doubts.  That is stifled right away. 

It seems that the church encourages very callous attitudes about the pain family members (or even members sometimes) are going through with their struggles with their involvement.  Husbands leaving their non-member wives sobbing and pleading with them not to go, mothers crying for the loss of their sons.  Family members being told they are "Satan" because they want to talk with their loved ones about the church honestly and with an open mind.  How can this not result in damaged relationships?  It does.  And it is heart breaking for those involved.  For people who like to say how important "mothers" are, they surely have caused monumental pain for the mothers of the young people they have recruited.  And then been very hard and callous about it.  How am I to respect this?

MM, so how many people do you know of with that kind of story? 10? 15?  That's not enough to prove anything, If we had a total of 50 members then there would be a problem.  But 10 15 or even 50 is a very small ratio.  Also because these thing are accused of happening does not mean the church is the root of the problem.  It could be a problem in a local church or a group of members who caused the problem.  

why don't you take a closer look at Dianes video, there is so many contridictions and lies in it, it's a joke to be frank.  Aslo she states about abortions, she says she was never told anything from the leaders but she herself came to a conclusion about it.  You see members have their own "conclusions" and do things according to "their" thoughts sometimes.  So to put it on the church you need better evidence then testimoney like Dianes.   You can claim that somehow the church influenced her decision but again you have NO proof what so ever.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Ftos and Time:

And how about this, if you want to hear what a member who is currently active in the wmscog thinks:  My relative admitted to his Dad that not all people in the church are happy.  There is some real unhappiness there.  It is just that it is discouraged to show anything but the "fake happy face."  (The last line is mine)    But I know they have to have that smile on their faces in order to recruit, and they cannot express doubts.  That is stifled right away. 

It seems that the church encourages very callous attitudes about the pain family members (or even members sometimes) are going through with their struggles with their involvement.  Husbands leaving their non-member wives sobbing and pleading with them not to go, mothers crying for the loss of their sons.  Family members being told they are "Satan" because they want to talk with their loved ones about the church honestly and with an open mind.  How can this not result in damaged relationships?  It does.  And it is heart breaking for those involved.  For people who like to say how important "mothers" are, they surely have caused monumental pain for the mothers of the young people they have recruited.  And then been very hard and callous about it.  How am I to respect this?

MM, so how many people do you know of with that kind of story? 10? 15?  That's not enough to prove anything, If we had a total of 50 members then there would be a problem.  But 10 15 or even 50 is a very small ratio.  Also because these thing are accused of happening does not mean the church is the root of the problem.  It could be a problem in a local church or a group of members who caused the problem.  

why don't you take a closer look at Dianes video, there is so many contridictions and lies in it, it's a joke to be frank.  Aslo she states about abortions, she says she was never told anything from the leaders but she herself came to a conclusion about it.  You see members have their own "conclusions" and do things according to "their" thoughts sometimes.  So to put it on the church you need better evidence then testimoney like Dianes.   You can claim that somehow the church influenced her decision but again you have NO proof what so ever.  

Joshua
    Participant

Sometimes the thought process just amazes me. I get overwelmed at just how wrong people can get about some things. This is a key example:

MM, so how many people do you know of with that kind of story? 10? 15?  That's not enough to prove anything, If we had a total of 50 members then there would be a problem.  But 10 15 or even 50 is a very small ratio.

If we were to get even this mall ratio into a court of law you would find their testimonies admissable as fact by the courts. If you want to continue to dismiss first hand testimony as not being proof or fact then you might as well throw your Bible out the window. The Bible is the most factual historical accounting of Jesus that the world has. It is backed up by historical writings outside of the Bible attesting to the authenticity of the information held within the Bible. The point is that the Bible has many first hand testimonies about the events of history. These are accepted facts. There is more verifiable evidence in these first hand accounts then for any other historical figures of the time. You can read about someone like Alexander the Great and expect that the history is factual however, the information you are reading is not from first had knowledge. It's been pieced together many times after the person has been dead for many years. The point is that these first hand testimonies, going back for almost fourteen years, are accurate, factual, and admissable in a court of law. It doesn't matter how much you don't want it to be the truth or how much you say that we have no proof you're still wrong. All of these testimonies, even this so called small ratio, could prove devistating for your group in a couts of law. The truth is the truth no matter how much you don't want it to be.

Joshua
    Participant

Sometimes the thought process just amazes me. I get overwelmed at just how wrong people can get about some things. This is a key example:

MM, so how many people do you know of with that kind of story? 10? 15?  That's not enough to prove anything, If we had a total of 50 members then there would be a problem.  But 10 15 or even 50 is a very small ratio.

If we were to get even this mall ratio into a court of law you would find their testimonies admissable as fact by the courts. If you want to continue to dismiss first hand testimony as not being proof or fact then you might as well throw your Bible out the window. The Bible is the most factual historical accounting of Jesus that the world has. It is backed up by historical writings outside of the Bible attesting to the authenticity of the information held within the Bible. The point is that the Bible has many first hand testimonies about the events of history. These are accepted facts. There is more verifiable evidence in these first hand accounts then for any other historical figures of the time. You can read about someone like Alexander the Great and expect that the history is factual however, the information you are reading is not from first had knowledge. It's been pieced together many times after the person has been dead for many years. The point is that these first hand testimonies, going back for almost fourteen years, are accurate, factual, and admissable in a court of law. It doesn't matter how much you don't want it to be the truth or how much you say that we have no proof you're still wrong. All of these testimonies, even this so called small ratio, could prove devistating for your group in a couts of law. The truth is the truth no matter how much you don't want it to be.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So take it court Joshua, without proof, even testimony does not hold up.  Don't compare yours or others word to that of the apostles and God, the bible is testimony from prophets moved by the holy spirit so don't even think their words are the same, as we can see with Dianes testimony PEOPLE lie.  Go back and watch her "testimony"  if even I can see the faults in it a lawyer would rip it apart throw it right back in her face. 

48:40 Daine sounds pretty upset no one called her after she left "Not one person" Almost looks like she was really upset about it.

Diane even says the pastor called looking for her.After service hmm she was sick for four days. Guess who else Call her, the one we call Mother herself? hmm even to mock her, I wonder which is no one or some called. 

So is this another one of those testimonies your talking about Joshua?

By your logic a person can claim you physically assaulted them and get a court to convict you with just their testimony, but with out the scratches and bruises there testimony is pointless, just same you need physical evidence.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So take it court Joshua, without proof, even testimony does not hold up.  Don't compare yours or others word to that of the apostles and God, the bible is testimony from prophets moved by the holy spirit so don't even think their words are the same, as we can see with Dianes testimony PEOPLE lie.  Go back and watch her "testimony"  if even I can see the faults in it a lawyer would rip it apart throw it right back in her face. 

48:40 Daine sounds pretty upset no one called her after she left "Not one person" Almost looks like she was really upset about it.

Diane even says the pastor called looking for her.After service hmm she was sick for four days. Guess who else Call her, the one we call Mother herself? hmm even to mock her, I wonder which is no one or some called. 

So is this another one of those testimonies your talking about Joshua?

By your logic a person can claim you physically assaulted them and get a court to convict you with just their testimony, but with out the scratches and bruises there testimony is pointless, just same you need physical evidence.  

Emily
    Participant

Time wrote:

Michele Colon cannot blame the Church because her husband doesnt want to be with her.

It is like if my husband spends all of sunday watching football, and since he is not spending time with me now Im going to start a defamatory campaign against the NFL…. Does that make sense??

Time,

Your analogy does not make sense.  It is in no way an even comparison.

First, you said "all of sunday".  Everyone here knows that the wmscog requires a lot more time than that so stop minimizing the time committment.

If the NFL convinced your husband that if he didn't spend every day (not just Sunday) watching football he would burn in hell for all of eternity, that he had to recruit others to watch football every day or they wouldn't be saved either, that he would have to give the NFL at least 10% of his salary or he would burn in hell, text him all day long, told him that he had to sacrifice for the NFL, convinced him to use all of his time off from work to participate in NFL activities, convinced him that it would be wrong to watch any other sport because they are all lead by the devil (so is your family by the way if they don't join you in spending all of your time watching the NFL), that anyone who speaks against the NFL is lead by the devil, that it would be wrong to spend time away from the NFL, especially during he super bowl,….

The list goes on and on.  If you lost your husband becaus of the NFL you might just want to tell your story and prevent others from being in the same situation.  

Nice try though.   

Emily
    Participant

Time wrote:

Michele Colon cannot blame the Church because her husband doesnt want to be with her.

It is like if my husband spends all of sunday watching football, and since he is not spending time with me now Im going to start a defamatory campaign against the NFL…. Does that make sense??

Time,

Your analogy does not make sense.  It is in no way an even comparison.

First, you said "all of sunday".  Everyone here knows that the wmscog requires a lot more time than that so stop minimizing the time committment.

If the NFL convinced your husband that if he didn't spend every day (not just Sunday) watching football he would burn in hell for all of eternity, that he had to recruit others to watch football every day or they wouldn't be saved either, that he would have to give the NFL at least 10% of his salary or he would burn in hell, text him all day long, told him that he had to sacrifice for the NFL, convinced him to use all of his time off from work to participate in NFL activities, convinced him that it would be wrong to watch any other sport because they are all lead by the devil (so is your family by the way if they don't join you in spending all of your time watching the NFL), that anyone who speaks against the NFL is lead by the devil, that it would be wrong to spend time away from the NFL, especially during he super bowl,….

The list goes on and on.  If you lost your husband becaus of the NFL you might just want to tell your story and prevent others from being in the same situation.  

Nice try though.   

Emily
    Participant

I wanted to bump this debate up since it's been 6 months and I haven't seen a response from "Time" yet.  Today I came across this audio recording of a Jehovah's Witnesses convention that discussed the shunning of disfellowshipped members.  I'll leave it to everyone else to draw their own conclusions but it reminds me of responses I've read from wms members on various forums regarding members disconnecting from spouses and/or family members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLdwe_6JsU&feature=youtu.be

Emily
    Participant

I wanted to bump this debate up since it's been 6 months and I haven't seen a response from "Time" yet.  Today I came across this audio recording of a Jehovah's Witnesses convention that discussed the shunning of disfellowshipped members.  I'll leave it to everyone else to draw their own conclusions but it reminds me of responses I've read from wms members on various forums regarding members disconnecting from spouses and/or family members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLdwe_6JsU&feature=youtu.be

Sarah2013
    Participant

Not sure what happened to those guys. Maybe they have ascended.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Not sure what happened to those guys. Maybe they have ascended.

Curious1
    Participant

It's scary to hear how this group is talking about contact with (family) members who have left. This could be a WMSCOG video, they have the same doctrines, but I don't know which verses of the bible they use to keep people apart. As a member you have a "choice" either to get a person in, or keep him stay in, or lose contact. What a choice.

Curious1
    Participant

It's scary to hear how this group is talking about contact with (family) members who have left. This could be a WMSCOG video, they have the same doctrines, but I don't know which verses of the bible they use to keep people apart. As a member you have a "choice" either to get a person in, or keep him stay in, or lose contact. What a choice.

Stained
    Participant

Emily wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLdwe_6JsU&feature=youtu.be

Worthless pieces of S H I T.  All of em'.  I Stained have spoken.   

Stained
    Participant

Emily wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLdwe_6JsU&feature=youtu.be

Worthless pieces of S H I T.  All of em'.  I Stained have spoken.   

Viewing 20 replies - 181 through 200 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.