More and more people claim WMSCOG is a cult

dear_all
    Participant

Time wrote:

I have already posted this in other forums but since you seem confuse about why we call wmscog a cult, I have now to give you information what a cult is. This are the list of characteristics of a cult (If you find at least half of this in your religion, you are in danger of being in a cult):

Elievalkyrie said that all organizations that have HALF of these are in danger of being a cult.

In this case Jesus and his disciples were part of a cult too.

1. The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.

Matthew 26:35 – 35 — But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same.

2. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

Matthew 28:19 — Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

3. The group is preoccupied with making money.

1 Corinthians 16:1-4 — Now about the collection for God’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem. If it seems advisable for me to go also, they will accompany me.

4. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

James 1:6-7 — But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;

5. Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

Acts 2:4 — All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

6. The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).

Matthew 8:21-22 — Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

7. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).

Mark 16:15-16 — He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

8. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

1 John 5:19 — We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

9. The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).

John 8:14-16 — Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.

10. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).

If by you saying this you are trying to say that the WMSCOG has bogus charities please name them. However an example of how "ends justify the means"

Matthew 10:16 — I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

11. The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.

Philippians 2:12 — Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

12. Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group.

Matthew 10:37-39 — “Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.

Acts 2:46 — Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,

14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

1 Corinthians 5:11 — But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Now many of the points mentioned here are not practiced in the WMSCOG, however my point is that this whole "cult expert" argument holds no ground when judging biblical matters. A church must stand as legitimate if they are obeying Gods commandments or not.

Later on I will write another post about these self proclaimed "cult experts", but just a question: where can I go to school to become a cult expert?

WOW, I've never seen such a reply. EXcellent Job TIME

What is truth
    Participant

You forgot one…. even if something is 99% true, but 1% false, the whole thing is false. That would be like sitting to eat mashed potatoes that are 99% potato and 1% arsenic. Would you eat the potatoes??

The WMSCOG lied….. about Jesus, in the study about Melcezedek. They claim Jesus did not fulfill "without geneology"… therefor "father" came, being a gentile. But since Jesus DID fulfill "without geneology", then their insistence is a lie. Even though some COG members know this, why are they still eating the potatoes?

dear_all
    Participant

What is truth wrote :

You forgot one…. even if something is 99% true, but 1% false, the whole thing is false. That would be like sitting to eat mashed potatoes that are 99% potato and 1% arsenic. Would you eat the potatoes??

The WMSCOG lied….. about Jesus, in the study about Melcezedek. They claim Jesus did not fulfill “without geneology”… therefor “father” came, being a gentile. But since Jesus DID fulfill “without geneology”, then their insistence is a lie. Even though some COG members know this, why are they still eating the potatoes?

I don’t think they lied. Read Mt 1:1

Jesus definitely had Genealogy (The Jewish one right)

Without genealogy was a req, of Melchizedek

Jesus had to fulfill this Prophecy Perfectly.

So, he needed to APPEAR a second time without coming from

Jewish descents. And as you know, Ahnsahnghong was Korean, born of unbelieving parents

Blessed with bread & wine. So, I believe in him as second coming Jesus

Smurf
    Participant

Food for eternal life wrote:

So, I believe in him as second coming Jesus

At last, he came out!! Now we can talk. Just don't lie to us. Any hateful comments towards you were provoked by your dishonesty (claiming you're neutral when in reality you're not), NOT by the fact that you're a WMSCOG member.

So now we can converse like normal people.

Welcome to the forum, be honest and you will be treated with respect.

What is truth
    Participant

Did you read what the condition was? To be a priest? You must have geneology to the tribe of Levi…    However, about Jesus it is written " For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe, Moses said nothing about priests! 

What does that verse mean, FFEL?

dear_all
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

So, I believe in him as second coming Jesus

At last, he came out!! Now we can talk. Just don't lie to us. Any hateful comments towards you were provoked by your dishonesty (claiming you're neutral when in reality you're not), NOT by the fact that you're a WMSCOG member.

So now we can converse like normal people.

Welcome to the forum, be honest and you will be treated with respect.

Ok, So you're treating me harshly bcx, My user name was "Neutral", & yet I believed in him & took side of WMSCOG ?

C'mon buddy, don't just treat me like that. Why do you think I created a user name like that ? Obviously to come close to you guys & look at from your point of view. I wasn't trying to be dishonest &  lie to you. 

dear_all
    Participant

What is truth wrote:

Did you read what the condition was? To be a priest? You must have geneology to the tribe of Levi…    However, about Jesus it is written " For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe, Moses said nothing about priests! 

Jesus Christ is the high Priest Designated by God by swearing an Oath. (Heb 5:8-10) 

Anonymous
    Inactive

The problem with WMSCOG and groups like it, (Unification Church, Jehovah's Witness) is the deliberate use of thought control techniques and practices (brainwashing is the old word) to gain control over others.   Comparing this cult these Koreans have put together with the early followers of Jesus Christ is ridiculous.  But not as ridiculous as worshiping a divorced Korean woman as a "Mother God" and her dead ex-boyfriend as ….. what …. CHRISTAHNSANGHONG …. whatever that is.

WMSCOG uses Biblical Scripture along with other publications to present its practice of thought control as a mainstream religion to susceptible victims.

WMSCOG exists to gain financial power like Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church achieved.  And to enrich the key players in the drama, like Zhang, Kim, Lee's Family, etc ….  They can achieve their goals the same way Mr. Moon did ….. get enough recruits to do the work …. of course ruining countless lives and hurting countless families in the process of doing so.  But I'm sure some Zhangian will find some Scripture saying that is all OK!

Some of the people posting on this thread are probably at the deacon level or higher (missionary?) in the WMSCOG cult …. Gabriel? Daniel? Hi Guys!  Welcome!  How's Ms. Zhang treating you these days?  Sharing any of that money with you?

It's not about theology, it's about money and financial power.  The Koreans running WMSCOG know that very well.  The rest is smoke and mirrors …..

Smurf
    Participant

Why do you think I created a user name like that ? Obviously to come close to you guys & look at from your point of view.

Do you not see how dishonest that is?

Azula
    Participant

What is truth wrote :

Jesus definitely had Genealogy (The Jewish one right)

Without genealogy was a req, of Melchizedek

Jesus had to fulfill this Prophecy Perfectly.

So, he needed to APPEAR a second time without coming from

Jewish descents. And as you know, Ahnsahnghong was Korean, born of unbelieving parents

Blessed with bread & wine. So, I believe in him as second coming Jesus

I remember when I was in the cult I was also taught that genealogy meant the tribes of Israel, however after looking up the definition of genealogy all that genealogy means is to trace ones family history, lineage or pedigree. And if you read other versions of the bible like the KJV it tells you that Melchizedek is without descent. So the definition that genealogy means being born of the tribes of Israel is absolute cr ap

As has been correctly pointed out on the Melchizedek thread, the genealogy or lineage that was being referred to is that of Levi who were the ones who were instructed by God to forever serve as priests

Of course Jesus is Melchizedek because he was born of a virgin he is God made flesh according to Matthew. God is the Alpha and Omega without beggining or end without a father and a mother.

Furthermore Jesus's "lineage" is that of Judah (This is probably because he was adopted by Joseph as many men in those days assumed Joseph was the father) And as is mentioned in the book of Hebrews God never said anything about folks from the tribe of Judah being priests. Jesus fulfiled the prophecy of Melchizedek fully at his first coming.

ash on the other hand well… the claims given by the cult for his fulfilment of the prophecy of Melchizedek are incredibly incosistent and highly suspect.

So the interpretation that he would be born of gentiles to unbeliving parents is complete and utter hogwash

The koreans cults like to say things like "Jesus didn't fully fulfil this or that prophecy and this was meant to be fulfilled at his second coming."Eg. the moonies have a similar M.O.

Simon
    Participant

What they taught here was that, "in the bible" geneaology refers to the houses of Israel because the Bible only gives Israelite geneaologies. 

but that's only somewhat true even… Adam to Cush for example is not Israelite Genealogy but it is given in the bible 

What is truth
    Participant

What is truth wrote:

Jesus Christ is the high Priest Designated by God by swearing an Oath. (Heb 5:8-10) 

Of course, it was with the swearing an oath! It certaintly could not be because of his Geneology, because HE HAD NONE! So what other way is there? If God swears it, then it doesn't need geneology… and if he had geneology as you claim, THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR AN OATH!…. No wonder they said they had much to say about this, you are indeed slow to learn!

And it was not without an oath! Others became

priests without any oath, but he became a

priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn

and will not change his mind:

‘You are a priest forever.’ ” 

Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor

of a better covenant.

So finally we agree on something… The oath had to occur, as prophesied,  since there was NO GENEOLOGY…. to the priestly Levitical priesthood…. …none…

dear_all
    Participant

You do agree with me.

” we have much to say about this (Melchizedek), It’s hard to EXplain because

You are slow to learn “

What was hard for Paul to Tell Early Christian about Melchizedek ?

Jesus came from Isreal’s genealogy, but Melchizedek was to be a priest without genealogy.

Otherwise, do you think that they would not not understand it back then ?

They could not understand that part coz they were infants, we are the mature to understand the prophecies about Melchizedek now more clearly.

Joshua
    Participant

I don't think you're going to gain any traction here when you make comments like this –   

" we have much to say about this (Melchizedek), It's hard to EXplain because

You are slow to learn "

I'm going to give you the best advice that I can here because believe me you need to be talking with us. The advice is to talk with us not at us! The comment above and things like it will only close us off and turn us against anything that you want to try and tell us. You are on strike one with the whole name thing. This is strike two the whole you are slow to learn idea. There is still hope but unless you are willing to talk with us I see a strike three in your future.

Remember, most of us here have been dealing with the WMSCOG for several years now. You are just the newest person from the group to share your point of view. It's the same point of view that others have had in the past. Some of them learned some things here, others seemed more content to argue and insult. Those folks don't last very long. The truth has a way of cutting threw the lies and running off people who are not really seeking the truth.

What is truth
    Participant

I love getting side stepped. Can't refute a point in a topic? Then don't, you just need to think of a new point in the topic and focus there! I remember using the same style, it's almost subconscious and automatic.

Azula
    Participant

What is truth wrote:

I love getting side stepped. Can't refute a point in a topic? Then don't, you just need to think of a new point in the topic and focus there! I remember using the same style, it's almost subconscious and automatic.

lol!

So true! FFEL never actually address the post but rather goes on a tangent about how folks are slow to learn.

Joshua
    Participant

Don't forget about the whole "infant" thing. This is what they tell new people that start studying with them. First they must start off with milk before they can chew on meat. If you try to feed a baby meat the baby will not be able to digest it properly and may even die. This is all spiritual in meaning.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

If you really peel apart the "infant" line, WMSCOG is correct that they follow this statement.  When a baby is born they are fed nothing but milk because their parents know that is all they can handle. As they start to grow, new foods are introduced until they are toddlers and then children – able to eat anything. But the whole time, they are under the control and influence of their parents.  The food they are given is hand-chosen by the parents. This goes further into their activities, the people they are associated with, and their overall environment. Such is the way of cults. They control (or try to) every aspect of a members life. So they are telling the truth; they want their members to be in a state of infanthood so they can control and manipulate every aspect of their life. And just like children, the members believe everything they are told and are obedient to the rules because they want the approval and love. The difference of course being that when you grow up and start making your own decisions – your family still loves you, even though your beliefs might not be the same. In a cult, if you decide you don't believe the same, you are cut off (shunned) and avoided at all costs. You have fallen away, become worldly, have become Satan. WMSCOG is not real love – it is fabricated for control. Ask the ex-members if they are still invited to members homes to hang out, eat dinner, celebrate. And then ask yourself – if this is not a cult, then why not?

BTW – the Unfication Church (Moonies) totes the same "infant" line – as do other cults. Hey if it works well for one – let's copy!

genny
    Participant

You are slow to learn "

Did you mean this as a quote to help your point?  If so, it's more helpful to add the scripture reference (Heb. 5:11) and explain a little more.  Otherwise it looks like an insult (as the others have shown).

dear_all
    Participant

genny wrote:

You are slow to learn "

Did you mean this as a quote to help your point?  If so, it's more helpful to add the scripture reference (Heb. 5:11) and explain a little more.  Otherwise it looks like an insult (as the others have shown).

Sorry for the delay in my Posting. I didn't mean to insult anyone or contempt anyone here.

Heb 5:11-14 (NIRV)

We have a lot to say about that. But it is hard to explain it to you. You learn too slowly. <sup class=”versenum”> By this time you should be teachers. But in fact, you need someone to teach you all over again. You need even the simple truths of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food.Anyone who lives on milk is still a baby. That person does not want to learn about living a godly life. Solid food is for those who are grown up. They have trained themselves with a lot of practice. They can tell the difference between good and evil.

Ms Freedom wrote:

BTW – the Unfication Church (Moonies) totes the same "infant" line – as do other cults. Hey if it works well for one – let's copy!

That worked as well for the Nazerene Sect 2000 years ago.

Azula wrote:

What is truth wrote:

lol!

So true! FFEL never actually address the post but rather goes on a tangent about how folks are slow to learn.

Could You Please Elaborate

Smurf wrote:

Why do you think I created a user name like that ? Obviously to come close to you guys & look at from your point of view.

Do you not see how dishonest that is?

I feel sorry for you people, you yourselves don't believe in the WMS anymore, so you want to insult by any means. AT first, it was your choice to Join the WMS, so it was also your choice to leave, y do you blame the WMS for that ? Nobody Forced you to Join, (although I may admit that it was highly encouraged) but literaaly nobody threw in water or bathtub, nobody put bread & wine in your mouth whn you joined.

I'd like to give my testimony, I am by myself from the family in the WMS, it was a little difficult at the time I Joined, but now my family is ok with me, infact they have no objections when I go to keep the feasts or the sabbath day.

Viewing 20 replies - 201 through 220 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.