More and more people claim WMSCOG is a cult

Time
    Participant

5. Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

Acts 2:4 — All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

The mind-numbing techniques were used to "suppress doubts" about the group. Since there is no proof that Jesus and His disciples were just using these methods to "suppress doubts" then I cannot apply it to them also. It was not even stated in that situation that the "speaking in tongues" happened during a time where people were doubting.

You might ask, what techniques are used by wmscog? I could say the denunciation sessions and debilitating work routines are used, don't you agree?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Im sorry can you explain what are denunciation sessions and debilitating work? and is this practiced in the WMSCOG??

Time
    Participant

5. Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

Acts 2:4 — All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

The mind-numbing techniques were used to "suppress doubts" about the group. Since there is no proof that Jesus and His disciples were just using these methods to "suppress doubts" then I cannot apply it to them also. It was not even stated in that situation that the "speaking in tongues" happened during a time where people were doubting.

You might ask, what techniques are used by wmscog? I could say the denunciation sessions and debilitating work routines are used, don't you agree?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Im sorry can you explain what are denunciation sessions and debilitating work? and is this practiced in the WMSCOG??

Joshua
    Participant

Why are you cherry picking? What does the rest of Romans 14 say? I know part of it reads: Nothing in itself is unclean but for the person who believes something is unclean for that person it is unclean. Romans 14:14 What are we learning here? Folks, I can take scriptures, put them together, and make people think the Bible is telling them they should kill themselves. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! Read scriptures in their context. Don't pull one or two out and try to force a point with it. That is a dangerous thing to do and causes people to be mislead.

Joshua
    Participant

Why are you cherry picking? What does the rest of Romans 14 say? I know part of it reads: Nothing in itself is unclean but for the person who believes something is unclean for that person it is unclean. Romans 14:14 What are we learning here? Folks, I can take scriptures, put them together, and make people think the Bible is telling them they should kill themselves. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! Read scriptures in their context. Don't pull one or two out and try to force a point with it. That is a dangerous thing to do and causes people to be mislead.

Simon
    Participant

the bible does discourage doubt in many places going Sri far as implying you’re pretty much a moron if you don’tnt believe

Simon
    Participant

the bible does discourage doubt in many places going Sri far as implying you’re pretty much a moron if you don’tnt believe

Joshua
    Participant

And yet some of the greatest men in the Bible showed doubt and were still dealt with kindly. Look at the story of John the Baptist. He professed that he knew who Jesus was and then later after his imprisonment sent a message asking Jesus if He was the one or should they wait for another?

Joshua
    Participant

And yet some of the greatest men in the Bible showed doubt and were still dealt with kindly. Look at the story of John the Baptist. He professed that he knew who Jesus was and then later after his imprisonment sent a message asking Jesus if He was the one or should they wait for another?

Time
    Participant

7. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).

Mark 16:15-16 — He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

This is the same with point #1. Again I would repeat, Jesus was proven to be a Messiah, based on the prophecies but never was he arrogant and was instead humble. It is your turn to prove Ahn is also one. BTW, I see a lot of wmscog followers acting like they already own heaven as they go judging and condemning people to hell. It does not give a very good image.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Im sorry but I must insist, the reason why you believe that Jesus Christ was proven to be a Messiah is because you read it from the New Testament… but this is a book written by the believers of Jesus. There is no writing in the New Testament coming from a non believer, You didnt meet Jesus, nor did witness the things that he did.

It is in the same way with Christ Ahnsahnghong, of course the people who do not believe in Him are going to say he is not the Christ, but when you ask those who do believe, they will clearly say he is the Christ. It is a priviledge and an honor to say that today there is people alive who actually met Christ Ahnsahnghong, walked with Him, learned from Him, and they are in the World Mission Society Church of God… So if I wanted to learn about Jesus Christ, I would ask the ones who actually met Him and learned form Him, and that is why as Christians we believe the New Testament…. In the same way, if you want to know who Christ Ahnsahnghong is, and what He taught, you have to learn from the ones who actually walked with Him.

Time
    Participant

7. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).

Mark 16:15-16 — He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

This is the same with point #1. Again I would repeat, Jesus was proven to be a Messiah, based on the prophecies but never was he arrogant and was instead humble. It is your turn to prove Ahn is also one. BTW, I see a lot of wmscog followers acting like they already own heaven as they go judging and condemning people to hell. It does not give a very good image.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Im sorry but I must insist, the reason why you believe that Jesus Christ was proven to be a Messiah is because you read it from the New Testament… but this is a book written by the believers of Jesus. There is no writing in the New Testament coming from a non believer, You didnt meet Jesus, nor did witness the things that he did.

It is in the same way with Christ Ahnsahnghong, of course the people who do not believe in Him are going to say he is not the Christ, but when you ask those who do believe, they will clearly say he is the Christ. It is a priviledge and an honor to say that today there is people alive who actually met Christ Ahnsahnghong, walked with Him, learned from Him, and they are in the World Mission Society Church of God… So if I wanted to learn about Jesus Christ, I would ask the ones who actually met Him and learned form Him, and that is why as Christians we believe the New Testament…. In the same way, if you want to know who Christ Ahnsahnghong is, and what He taught, you have to learn from the ones who actually walked with Him.

Time
    Participant

8. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

1 John 5:19 — We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I will concede with this one also. Two points. But I have to point out that Jesus' disciples did not go out of their way fighting and hating other religions. As you can see all over the internet, there are wmscog members who fought back and even SUE people that they claim who "slanders"them. So that  kinda breaks the point of Romans 12:17-19.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding the lawsuit, let me ask you this…. If there was no point in the lawsuit the Church of God is bringing up, wouldnt it have been dismissed by the court?

There is no problem with bible debating over the internet, or the other material that is posted. The problem is when the Church is being accused of commiting federal crimes (i.e. Money laundering), that is why the lawsuit was filed.

Same happened in Korea, the reason the lawsuit was filed was because the Church was being accused for preaching about the end of the world, which in South Korea is somewhat like a Crime. Yet in the end the Church won the case, and the Supreme Court of Korea ruled in favor of the Church of God. A religious Newspaper in Korea reported as follows:

The title of the article was like this:

The Supreme Court ruled that "The insitence that the Church of God spreads a time-limited eschatology and causes families to break up is false."

and at the end the newspaper reported as follows:

Therefore, we can conclude that the judgment in favor of the Church of God serves as a good warning to others to not make false allegations and created malicious rumors against other denominations without objective and unsubstantiated facts.

When I read the papers posted on this website, I can see that the lawsuit is more about that. Michele Colon cannot blame the Church because her husband doesnt want to be with her.

It is like if my husband spends all of sunday watching football, and since he is not spending time with me now Im going to start a defamatory campaign against the NFL…. Does that make sense??

When I read the 5 part series on this website, I noticed that she already had problems with her husband before coming to Church. Anyways that is a topic for another… Time.

Time
    Participant

8. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

1 John 5:19 — We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

I will concede with this one also. Two points. But I have to point out that Jesus' disciples did not go out of their way fighting and hating other religions. As you can see all over the internet, there are wmscog members who fought back and even SUE people that they claim who "slanders"them. So that  kinda breaks the point of Romans 12:17-19.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding the lawsuit, let me ask you this…. If there was no point in the lawsuit the Church of God is bringing up, wouldnt it have been dismissed by the court?

There is no problem with bible debating over the internet, or the other material that is posted. The problem is when the Church is being accused of commiting federal crimes (i.e. Money laundering), that is why the lawsuit was filed.

Same happened in Korea, the reason the lawsuit was filed was because the Church was being accused for preaching about the end of the world, which in South Korea is somewhat like a Crime. Yet in the end the Church won the case, and the Supreme Court of Korea ruled in favor of the Church of God. A religious Newspaper in Korea reported as follows:

The title of the article was like this:

The Supreme Court ruled that "The insitence that the Church of God spreads a time-limited eschatology and causes families to break up is false."

and at the end the newspaper reported as follows:

Therefore, we can conclude that the judgment in favor of the Church of God serves as a good warning to others to not make false allegations and created malicious rumors against other denominations without objective and unsubstantiated facts.

When I read the papers posted on this website, I can see that the lawsuit is more about that. Michele Colon cannot blame the Church because her husband doesnt want to be with her.

It is like if my husband spends all of sunday watching football, and since he is not spending time with me now Im going to start a defamatory campaign against the NFL…. Does that make sense??

When I read the 5 part series on this website, I noticed that she already had problems with her husband before coming to Church. Anyways that is a topic for another… Time.

Simon
    Participant

The courts don't allways throw away frivelous suits like that

Simon
    Participant

The courts don't allways throw away frivelous suits like that

Time
    Participant

9. The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).

John 8:14-16 — Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.

Let's look at the situation. Since Jesus DIED in the hands of authorities, I think you cannot claim points for this one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Point number 9 is based on belief, Jesus believed His decisions were right no matter what anyones else said, so In this way…The group leader is not accountable to any authorities ( as are, for example …ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations) If Jesus didn't believe this, then He would have sided with the Pharisees and Teachers of the Law at that time.

Now you are claiming that: Jesus DIED in the hands of authorities…

Well because he was charged of a crime at that time. In the same way, if any religious leader today committed a crime, he would be subject to the authorities. Even if any of the Church leaders inside the Church of God commited a crime, they would be subject to the authorities.

That is why we need a court of law to decide whether the Church of God is "Money Laundering" as is being insinuated by people online.

Time
    Participant

9. The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).

John 8:14-16 — Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.

Let's look at the situation. Since Jesus DIED in the hands of authorities, I think you cannot claim points for this one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Point number 9 is based on belief, Jesus believed His decisions were right no matter what anyones else said, so In this way…The group leader is not accountable to any authorities ( as are, for example …ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations) If Jesus didn't believe this, then He would have sided with the Pharisees and Teachers of the Law at that time.

Now you are claiming that: Jesus DIED in the hands of authorities…

Well because he was charged of a crime at that time. In the same way, if any religious leader today committed a crime, he would be subject to the authorities. Even if any of the Church leaders inside the Church of God commited a crime, they would be subject to the authorities.

That is why we need a court of law to decide whether the Church of God is "Money Laundering" as is being insinuated by people online.

Joshua
    Participant

I have to point out an obvious flaw here. Jesus knew who He is. There was no faith or belief there was knowledge. Jesus knew his decisions were right and He still did the will of the Father. Thank you for letting me have my say here. I guess I should be thanking the admin. for letting us have our say here. Time, I have appreciated some of the stuff that you have presented in our forum. There are things that I have not agreed on but overall I have been generally impressed by the way you have tried to bring truth. I think and hope that most of us would agree that the truth is what we are seeking here. Keep being the way God made you.

Joshua
    Participant

I have to point out an obvious flaw here. Jesus knew who He is. There was no faith or belief there was knowledge. Jesus knew his decisions were right and He still did the will of the Father. Thank you for letting me have my say here. I guess I should be thanking the admin. for letting us have our say here. Time, I have appreciated some of the stuff that you have presented in our forum. There are things that I have not agreed on but overall I have been generally impressed by the way you have tried to bring truth. I think and hope that most of us would agree that the truth is what we are seeking here. Keep being the way God made you.

Time
    Participant

10. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).

If by you saying this you are trying to say that the WMSCOG has bogus charities please name them. However an example of how "ends justify the means"

Nope, I do not claim WMSCOG has bogus charities. But if you want one example of "end justify the means", here's one. In WMSCOG's video entitled Come to Heavenly Mother, they have claim that the U.S have awarded Zhang (or was it Cheol?) something that was supposed to be for U.S citizens only. One pro-wmscog forum member stated that "we did it to glorify God" which kinda admits that the award was a lie afterall. So I guess that one's applicable with point #10.

Matthew 10:16 — I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Seriously, you are going to give this verse to support the "Jesus can be also cult" concept? It is stated here that they were being sent out like SHEEP among WOLVES which actually implies the danger of what they are doing. This does not mean that they were using deception to lure people in!

Can you explain what does "be shrewd as snakes" mean???

Time
    Participant

10. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).

If by you saying this you are trying to say that the WMSCOG has bogus charities please name them. However an example of how "ends justify the means"

Nope, I do not claim WMSCOG has bogus charities. But if you want one example of "end justify the means", here's one. In WMSCOG's video entitled Come to Heavenly Mother, they have claim that the U.S have awarded Zhang (or was it Cheol?) something that was supposed to be for U.S citizens only. One pro-wmscog forum member stated that "we did it to glorify God" which kinda admits that the award was a lie afterall. So I guess that one's applicable with point #10.

Matthew 10:16 — I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Seriously, you are going to give this verse to support the "Jesus can be also cult" concept? It is stated here that they were being sent out like SHEEP among WOLVES which actually implies the danger of what they are doing. This does not mean that they were using deception to lure people in!

Can you explain what does "be shrewd as snakes" mean???

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.