Is Sunday Christian or Catholic?

• Creator
    Topic
    fromtheotherside
    Participant

“From this same Catholic Church you have accepted your Sunday, and that Sunday, as the Lord’s day, she has handed down as a tradition; and the entire Protestant world has accepted it as tradition, for you have not an iota of Scripture to establish it. Therefore that which you have accepted as your rule of faith, in­adequate as it of course is, as well as your Sunday, you have accepted on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church” (D.B. Ray;">The Papal Controversy, p. 179, 1892).

Love'n Honey
    Participant

There is no Sabbath in heaven because time doesn't exist in heaven. If there is no time then there aren't any days. Without days there can't be a Sabbath. The WMSCOG does not teach that those who dwell in heaven keep the Sabbath. That is a command and blessing for mankind, people on earth.

Simon
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Simon Wrote: Satanism is a form of atheism for the record…

@ Simon:

Not accurate, Simon. Real Satanist believe in Satan (Lucifer, the devil). Same way christians believe in God. Look up Anton Lavey.

Here is your wiki definition of atheism: Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.

An atheist holds to the school of thought that there is no God. A satanist believes there is a God but that god is literally Satan. This isn't made up it's real. Atheist are not satanic worshippers. Can't make sense that way. They do not believe in the existence of any God/god(s) at all.

Yes accurate, I am friends with Satanists Anton LaVey did   NOT   teach Satan is God at all

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

Thank you Simon. So I guess we agree to disagree on this point. I believe Jesus is acknowledging that there will be Sabbath keepers of the OT kind who will be unable to flee. You think Jesus endorses the keeping of the Sabbath because he mentions to pray about it. My belief is based on the fact that Jesus would certainly give priority to fleeing, if required, on the Sabbath. Your belief is based on the possibility that Jesus means we should pray about it because he wouldn't want us to miss the sabbath as far as possible.

One more point to ponder on. To the best of my knowledge, the Saturday Sabbath, as taught by the SDA is that the whole of creation keeps the sabbath at the same time. According to this teaching, the sabbath rest happens simultaneously in heaven and in the universe. God and the angels also keep the sabbath. Is my understanding right?

But that isn't the OT method of Sabbath keeping plus it would be completely unlike Jesus to in any way appear to support a doubley incorrect tradition

Sarah2013
    Participant

You can’t give one liner replies. It doesn’t explain anything. Simon, this really wasn’t meant to be debated. Trust me when I say that is the teaching of Satanism, among other things, in this case i do know. Are you sure you know what real satanism is? Yes, I do. They follow lucifer not Jehovah. The church should be called something else instead of church of satan. It should have been called church of something else. What do you think Baphometh represents? Don’t be confused, that is who they believe in. At least they are not pretending to worship the God we know. Most of them make that clear. Don’t feel we should delve too much into this. If anything, should be a Pm debate.

Simon
    Participant

Baphomet is a christian lie from the middle ages no one ever believed in such a thing

Simon
    Participant

Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice– Peter H Gilmore  "High Priest Church of Satan"

Sarah2013
    Participant

Ok simon. You win. If that is your opinion on that.

genny
    Participant

Maybe there are different types of Satanists?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Perhaps Genny. Everything has a core originating point. Unfortunately, that is what the deceiver in that case wants us to think as Simon has stressed. It is deeper than that.

Smurf
    Participant

About satanist being atheists: I heard there's even an atheist church established three months ago or so, which in my opinion defeats the whole purpose of atheism :))) As to satanists some of them are held in the dark, but yes, satanist know they worship satan. They all know what the  Baphomet stands for – the scape goat, the fall guy… they believe he was wrongfully condemned, that he's actually the good guy. That God was holding us prisoners and Lucifer freed us. Just as the legend of Prometheus, who brought fire to mankind but was punished for it… yet he only wanted us to progress…

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

Maybe there are different types of Satanists?

Satanism is an ironic name although there are people who worship Satan (Lucifarians), and one could argue that Lavey was inspired by Satan but so was Mohamed and Buddha and Zoraster et al.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Simon, once again. A spade is a spade. You can try to bring all sorts of proof to this one but at the end of the day, Satan is lucifer, the devil. He is still spiritually existing until God destroys him. There is so much I see you aren’t aware of and perhaps you aren’t meant to know.

Sarah2013
    Participant

You may be referring to indirect worship. My original satanist comment was and still is referring to direct worship to Satan whether physically or spiritually. As for Mohammed and Buddha and any other you name, I personally do not see direct satanism. I’m speaking of those who claim satan as their god directly. Going into who or what is satan inspired only throws you on a different subject and will certainly be an unending debate.

Simon
    Participant

you are confusing satanism with lucifarianism

Sarah2013
    Participant

No difference exist in the real sense. Then it shouldn’t be called Satanism. It should be called the something else. I am not confused on this one. Either it is satan or it isn’t. Lucifer and Satan are the same. Don’t allow them to confuse your thought. There is no real difference.

Real satanist/satanism/luciferians, do not stick out like a sore thumb; but their is a reason they chose the word Satanisim rather than nature ism, mind ism, and any other rational isms out there.

Simon
    Participant

what should be linguisticly isn't often what it is linguisticly

Homophobic uses the word phobic meaning fear for hatred linguistically incorrect

Uses the word antisemite to refer only to Jews although the greatest group of semitic people are the arabs not the Jews therefore it is incorrect

Satanism in the same way is merely an ironic name created by an Atheist for his philosophy

Simon
    Participant

in fact lucifarianism is also a bad name for worship of the enemy of the one true God seeing as the origin of the name lucifer, the vulgate, uses it for Jesus as well as the evil one.

Sarah2013
    Participant

No simon. Two different analogies here. There is a reason most people, if any at all, will not name their kid lucifer or Satan.

Simon
    Participant

not at all. It is a FACT Satanists do not believe in any God end of story. No matter what you think should be the name Anton LaVey made a name for his philosophy and you may think its a bad name but since he made it up its his choice

Sarah2013
    Participant

Then they are not satanist. I explained to you what an Atheist is. You are describing an Atheist in the real sense and not a satanist. Or you are mixing new age religion thoughts and belief with Satanism.

Viewing 20 replies - 281 through 300 (of 355 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.