Is Sunday Christian or Catholic?

• Creator
    Topic
    fromtheotherside
    Participant

“From this same Catholic Church you have accepted your Sunday, and that Sunday, as the Lord’s day, she has handed down as a tradition; and the entire Protestant world has accepted it as tradition, for you have not an iota of Scripture to establish it. Therefore that which you have accepted as your rule of faith, in­adequate as it of course is, as well as your Sunday, you have accepted on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church” (D.B. Ray;">The Papal Controversy, p. 179, 1892).

Simon
    Participant

It’s different in the context

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

It's different in the context

How is "Satanism is a form of Atheism" different from "Satanists are Atheists not Atheists are Satanists"? Sorry I don't get you.

Simon
    Participant

Because in context that isn’t what she said I said in context she said I said the words are interchangable

Sarah2013
    Participant

I said they do not posses the same meaning. Atheist do not believe in any God, whether Satan or not.

Simon
    Participant

and neither do those who label themselves satanists

Sarah2013
    Participant

Simon. Like I said before, I know what real satanism is all about. Lets agree to disagree.

Simon
    Participant

No you are in fact wrong.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Oh ok. I’ll stay wrong then. Thanks for letting me know. I guess I have a lot to learn.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Kim wrote:

so true,

Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, religions destroy spirituality, and Bible publishers destroy God's Word

My mind = blown

Simon wrote:

No you are in fact wrong.

Sarah2013 wrote:

Oh ok. I'll stay wrong then. Thanks for letting me know. I guess I have a lot to learn.

You guys are funny. =)

Sarah2013
    Participant

I know, right?

Simon
    Participant

I’m a south paw

seeker
    Participant

WMSCOG,in the bible it was clearly stated that we have God the Father, could you give a line in the bible that states we have a God the Mother?

seeker
    Participant

dont use the name "us" because humans have different understanding on bible

Smurf
    Participant

You are right, seeker, there's only "heavenly mother". Which doesn't necessarily imply she's God. WMS always miss that.

A lot of things can be heavenly. Angels are heavenly, for example, and they are not gods.

Joshua
    Participant

seeker, no one is going to be able to find "God the Mother" in the Bible. There are many groups that believe in something like spiritual parents and some of them even claim to be Christian. Most of these groups have additional books/documents that they add to the Bible in order to make it appear that spiritual parents are possible. The Bible itself doesn't support the idea of a Father God and a Mother God. The truth has to be streched and rearranged in order to try and make it seem possible. There are over three hundred scriptures that speak to the fact that there is only one God and one of those scriptures is one of the ten commandments. Myself, I cannot ignore that much of the Bible in order to make a second God possible. I don't feel like spending eternity away from God.

Viewing 15 replies - 341 through 355 (of 355 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.