Is Sunday Christian or Catholic?

• Creator
    Topic
    fromtheotherside
    Participant

“From this same Catholic Church you have accepted your Sunday, and that Sunday, as the Lord’s day, she has handed down as a tradition; and the entire Protestant world has accepted it as tradition, for you have not an iota of Scripture to establish it. Therefore that which you have accepted as your rule of faith, in­adequate as it of course is, as well as your Sunday, you have accepted on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church” (D.B. Ray;">The Papal Controversy, p. 179, 1892).

fromtheotherside
    Participant

“The Catholic Church…by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday” (The Catholic Mirror, official publication of James Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893).

fromtheotherside
    Participant

The Catholics do proclaim they changed the worship of Saturday to Sunday, and they exclaim it outrageous the Protestents follow this.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

And the title should be is it Protestant or Catholic.  

Sarah2013
    Participant

Still no reason to say Ahng is the Holy Spirit and Zhang is the bride or mother, as they call it. We are all still using the same Bible save the Catholic Bible as a couple or so more books added to it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Has

Sarah2013
    Participant

One question, are you guys (Wmscog) Christians? I’m really asking.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Sarah, what that does mean is you are a false religion.  MANMADE.  So if some one can prove they are not a false religion and truly have the truth I hope they can share.

Sarah2013
    Participant

So are you guys Christians?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

You see I want for you guys to point out what is the truth then.  If you guys have a manmade traditions, you are false also.  No matter if you believe in Christ or not, Jesus or buddha or muhamed or even Ahnsahnghong, if you have manmade traditions, you are false also, you do not have the "real Jesus" but a man made Jesus.  So if you guys want to pull people out then you have to be able to tell them the right path not put them on another dead path. 

and a yes to sarahs question.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I’ll get to that, trust me. So, are you guys christians?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

yes

Sarah2013
    Participant

There is only one way, and it is through the Holy Bible. And that, my friend, is where the basis of our faith sits – Church or not.

Sarah2013
    Participant

If so, you do know that the word Christian in plain English means “Christ followers.” Jesus Christ followers.” The followers of Jesus Christ. So, since the name of Jesus is now obsolete to wmscog, why are you still christians?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

That doesn't answer the question. So the catholics say it was saturday but they changed it to sunday, and they find it odd the protestants keep sunday, so what is the truth, of course its in the bible, point it out. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

You are speaking of denominations. however, if you remember quite well when you first joined this site I told you when you called me Protestant, that you have no idea what I am. I go 100 present by the bible. No books no nothing. It is the denominational effect that has got people talking as you just did.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Christians, means those who believe in christ the messiah or Savior and his teachings to be exact.  So those who believe in the savior.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Sarah the question isn't to dispute about what denomination is correct, and if the title made you think that, then that's my fault.  The question is which is correct Sabbath-saturday or sunday or what you believe?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Also the reason for the testimony of the Catholics is to point out the fact that the fiirst denominated Church , Catholics, say they changed the day from Saturday to Sunday.  

Sarah2013
    Participant

Once again there is no disobedience in the day of worship. If it is accurately Saturday as you guys claim via constantine’s changes then Saturday it is. If it happens to be Sunday then Sunday it is. Pretending to be godly by day of observance and feast, yet distorting the Holy Bible is not godly.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I know that teaching very well, trust me. Still, it doesn’t prove your dogma is right.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 355 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.