WMSCOG Lawsuit Tries To Silence This Site

genny
    Participant

Hal wrote:

Wow.. The tax return request is illegal at the federal level since it involves privacy act information. IMO, Id object to it.

Sorry, Hal.  Just realized you were objecting to the wmscog's request for a personal tax return as part of the suit.  I was thinking of a person's request for a non-profit's tax return.

Simon
    Participant

me too Genny lol yeah although you can subpeoena pretty much anything including personal tax records. (not saying they are any of WMSCOG's business mind you just that that have the right to subpoena and then the judge can rule after looking at them if they are truly admissable.

admin
    Keymaster

Plaintiff WMSCOG's inquiry into Defendant Newton's interest in settling posted online:

https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/archives/wmscog-settlement-request-wmscog-vs-colon-newton-va-2011-17163/

Simon
    Participant

You can subpeona all sorts of personal information so long as you can prove relevence. And then the judge decides once he views it .

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

WMSCOG SETTLEMENT REQUEST:

My client has expressed willingness to dismiss its pending case with prejudice and forego further claims against Mrs. Colon if Newton and Colon will agree to pull down the offending material and refrain from publishing or otherwise uttering further defamatory statements.

Of course your client is very willing, that's why they did it in the first place! To put this website down. Shheeesshh!

Emily
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

WMSCOG SETTLEMENT REQUEST:

My client has expressed willingness to dismiss its pending case with prejudice and forego further claims against Mrs. Colon if Newton and Colon will agree to pull down the offending material and refrain from publishing or otherwise uttering further defamatory statements.

Of course your client is very willing, that's why they did it in the first place! To put this website down. Shheeesshh!

Right on Elie 🙂

Simon
    Participant

it’s perfectly legal up to the judge

admin
    Keymaster

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

In exchange for dropping its $25 million lawsuit, which required not only the taking down of the complained-of statements but also:

The removal of all statements related to the WMSCOG whatsoever, even those not complained-of in the original lawsuit

Agreement to not criticize the WMSCOG in the future

Agreement to not tell anyone about the arrangement

Wow, aren't they feeling lucky to be demanding all of these things. They can just ask mama-god to petition to papa-god that he brings down his wrath upon this website and all who takes part in it. Or since they are such a follower of the OT that maybe papa-god can make an 11th commandment for them that whoever tries to open this website will be considered curse and must be hang on a pole. 

OR SINCE god is on their side, why don't they just forget the settlement and win the court case since they have an all-powerful being to make all of that possible.

Done
    Participant

How true are the claims made on this website? http://wmscog.org/index.php/699/

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

Amazing, they compare that Tak guy being found innocent to the OJ Simpson trial! Whatever those courts found about whether or not the church spreads a time limited eschatology, almost everyone on the forum here knows someone who was told that 2012 was gonna be the end. Of the world, of preaching, tabernacle completed, whatever. They might say it in a roundabout way, or maybe in some places it's only implied, but it's about one thing. Fear. 

MountainMom
    Participant

The whole premise of their law suit is just to shut people up who are speaking the truth about their so called church.  What about freedom of speech?  I swear. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

Yes… Will the real Jesus/God try to silence a site if He truly were God? Of course not! Knowing He is God is sufficient enough. What can man do to God? Nothing! Jesus allowed himself to be crucified, but not The wmscog because they know they are false. I have know clue how God is going to judge all of this but it will be everlasting for those who have mislead people. The sad thing is I bet you the first person who repents from this organization as a leader might see the real power of God. However, the more souls dragged into this the more coals being added for the doomed. Please don’t debate your sermons, Bible studies, preachings, your mother god, etc to me cause I know it all too well, and it’s all lies….

Joshua
    Participant

It amazes me that Ahn spoke about this very thing. Their own god the father said that misleading people with the delusion of a god the mother, how much more will this person be judged? The Bible doesn't agree with their teachings, history doesn't line up with their teachings, and their own created god the father taught against their teachings and doctrine. Many current members disregard all of this. What more do they need?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua, they, like me at the time, was living in denial. It’s okay and you know why….. Because he will bring to light the truth. Some of his very elect are still in there and will come out soon in Jesus name. You can’t be happy reciting the same thing over and over. I felt like a robot. Jesus must love me because I was headed for eternal damnation. They tell the members to stay away from the Internet that it’s the devil’s workshop. Yes the Internet has good and bad in it but the truth is that this is one of those things that is fact and true.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Frustrated angry confused wrote:

How true are the claims made on this website? http://wmscog.org/index.php/699/

Your name is kinda long, can I just shorten it to Fac? Do you mean by this comment that you are siding with the wmscog now? We really are not insisting that you believe us here. It is your choice if you decide to stay with them. We are not going to defend our beliefs to you because in the end, it will still be your choice whether you put your faith in these people. We would just like to make it known that there are many people (even experts like Steve Hassan) that consider wmscog a cult and if you have a different opinion, then by all means, welcome back to wmscog.

Simon
    Participant

Hassan is in a Jewish cult himself doesn’t make him wrong about wmscog himself but makes his actual expertise suspect

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Hassan experienced being in a cult firsthand (he's an ex-Moonies to be exact) and he dedicated his life works in letting people know how cults operates and what methods they use to keep people from going out. 

Simon
    Participant

yes but now he’s into the Jewish cult of kaballah so not sure on him

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Hmmm, don't know about it but this site here: http://www.freedomofmind.com/Media/pressKit/pressRelease/kabbalahCtr.php is stating that Hassan is publicly announcing this Kabbalah cult thing as true but different from teachings of Kabbalah.

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.