"The True WMSCOG" on Missionary Ron Ramos Explains Why He Left the WMSCOG After 12 Years

Questioninginla
    Participant

emil wrote:

Questioninginla wrote:

All that being said, the underlying assumption is that Hassan knows the discipline; Dr. Mann is critical of the way in which Hassan markets himself and presents himself to the public.  Alas there are plenty of examples for fresh parents & loved ones paying fees to find in Hassan's books how he got them out!  I do wonder if he realizes how much he comes across as The Mr. Cult Savior Guy when people are in such a leveraged position with their emotions.

So does the wmscog.

Regarding the last sentence, Hassan at least is accused of using the existing emotions as leverage. With the WMSCOG, they create the emotion first by ruthlessly attacking the subject's beliefs from their earlier church with a whole load of falsehoods.

fair enough, emil.

For the record, there are at least a half-dozen other people that I know of with sufficient enough experience and knowledge as Hassan.

Participant

Freedfromreseda wrote:

If Ron were considered such a bad person, a liar, a this, a that, why would Mother have made him a missionary? They don't make just anyone a missionary. You have to show good understanding of the "truth", you have to study diligently and pretty much show devotion to the church. Ron is a good dude. And instead of trying to paint him out to be a bad person why don't you truly figure out why he would throw away his alleged salvation after 12 years of fully believing all he had learned.

Clearly Ron was the lessor of all his classmates, I won't name names, but there are Overseers, who we all know that started out the same time as Ron, the ex marines, are an example.  They all are overseers.  They recieved their titles first, also.  Not untill Ron started whining "why am I a deacon and they're missionaries".   You can say he never did but you don't know that.  Also they became Overseers, Ron is not.  Ron subtly expressed his feelings in his video when he pointed out the fact "if I had studied this hard in other churches I would have became a Pastor", don't quote me word for word but something of this manner.  

Participant

Freedfromreseda wrote:

If Ron were considered such a bad person, a liar, a this, a that, why would Mother have made him a missionary? They don't make just anyone a missionary. You have to show good understanding of the "truth", you have to study diligently and pretty much show devotion to the church. Ron is a good dude. And instead of trying to paint him out to be a bad person why don't you truly figure out why he would throw away his alleged salvation after 12 years of fully believing all he had learned.

Clearly Ron was the lessor of all his classmates, I won't name names, but there are Overseers, who we all know that started out the same time as Ron, the ex marines, are an example.  They all are overseers.  They recieved their titles first, also.  Not untill Ron started whining "why am I a deacon and they're missionaries".   You can say he never did but you don't know that.  Also they became Overseers, Ron is not.  Ron subtly expressed his feelings in his video when he pointed out the fact "if I had studied this hard in other churches I would have became a Pastor", don't quote me word for word but something of this manner.  

Participant

This is the truth. The same people from his generation were all leagues ahead of him and I remember the other missionaries from 2006-2007 traveling between a few of the Zions I went to and eventually they left to become overseers and were entrusted with Zions thanks to Father and Mother.

Participant

This is the truth. The same people from his generation were all leagues ahead of him and I remember the other missionaries from 2006-2007 traveling between a few of the Zions I went to and eventually they left to become overseers and were entrusted with Zions thanks to Father and Mother.

Participant

In fact it was really rare for a Missionary to just stay in one church for so long, let alone 10 years.

The entire goal of being a Missionary was that you were basically an interim pastor who could be trusted with Zions and settle new locations elsewhere.

Participant

In fact it was really rare for a Missionary to just stay in one church for so long, let alone 10 years.

The entire goal of being a Missionary was that you were basically an interim pastor who could be trusted with Zions and settle new locations elsewhere.

Disturbed
    Participant

LOL…what about the female missionary in San Diego? She’s been in the San Diego area for a long time. And a missionary for a long time. She’s not good enough to become pastor?

Disturbed
    Participant

LOL…what about the female missionary in San Diego? She’s been in the San Diego area for a long time. And a missionary for a long time. She’s not good enough to become pastor?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

LOL…what about the female missionary in San Diego? She's been in the San Diego area for a long time. And a missionary for a long time. She's not good enough to become pastor?

It'll never happen and if it did, it will be something new just to save face. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

LOL…what about the female missionary in San Diego? She's been in the San Diego area for a long time. And a missionary for a long time. She's not good enough to become pastor?

It'll never happen and if it did, it will be something new just to save face. 

Disturbed
    Participant

I agree. She’s been a missionary for a lonnnnnnng time now and in the same area. What about her? Zhang preaches in the pulpit, why can’t she? I have seen a female missionary in another state give the first & third Sabbath day sermons, so it is possible.

Disturbed
    Participant

I agree. She’s been a missionary for a lonnnnnnng time now and in the same area. What about her? Zhang preaches in the pulpit, why can’t she? I have seen a female missionary in another state give the first & third Sabbath day sermons, so it is possible.

Participant

Define a long time, Disturbed. Was she there 10 years, or 8 years, 6, or 4?

Or was she in reality only a Missionary there less than 2 years, and we who know can see your trying to exagerrate again?

Participant

Define a long time, Disturbed. Was she there 10 years, or 8 years, 6, or 4?

Or was she in reality only a Missionary there less than 2 years, and we who know can see your trying to exagerrate again?

emil
    Participant

So are you guys now saying that Ron wasn't good enough for leadership within the wmscog? That he got to where he was much later than his contemporaries, only because of the number of years he was there?

emil
    Participant

So are you guys now saying that Ron wasn't good enough for leadership within the wmscog? That he got to where he was much later than his contemporaries, only because of the number of years he was there?

Disturbed
    Participant

Wow…less than 2. Hope she doesn’t feel bad for her underlings short changing her time served.

Disturbed
    Participant

Wow…less than 2. Hope she doesn’t feel bad for her underlings short changing her time served.

Disturbed
    Participant

Yeah, not only do they call Ron a liar but now he wasn’t good enough. Even though he conducted Sabbath day services when pastor was “unavailable”. He was “good enough” to fill in but not for much else eh?

Wonder what they’ll say about you. Can’t be good since you are very good at being a good example and all.

Viewing 20 replies - 581 through 600 (of 785 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.