"The True WMSCOG" on Missionary Ron Ramos Explains Why He Left the WMSCOG After 12 Years

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

No rituals by us the members or our church, the list of rituals that you listed are done by non believers in korea, but not by us.

I never said the members participated in rituals. PLEASE quote that post. I said Chuseok was a pagan festival because of the rituals. That's what I said. 144,000 argued that Chuseok WASN'T pagan. It argued that Chuseok had NO rituals. And I proved it wrong.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

No rituals by us the members or our church, the list of rituals that you listed are done by non believers in korea, but not by us.

I never said the members participated in rituals. PLEASE quote that post. I said Chuseok was a pagan festival because of the rituals. That's what I said. 144,000 argued that Chuseok WASN'T pagan. It argued that Chuseok had NO rituals. And I proved it wrong.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

o okay!  yes actually Chuseok is pagan.  You are right.  But we do not keep chusoek is my point.  My point is we go home and just be with our family, because that's the only time we can spend with our family together in one roof. Aunts uncles, cousins Gparents.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

o okay!  yes actually Chuseok is pagan.  You are right.  But we do not keep chusoek is my point.  My point is we go home and just be with our family, because that's the only time we can spend with our family together in one roof. Aunts uncles, cousins Gparents.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

But we are warned not to join in any of the rituals.  Like bowing to the ancestors.  We are warned sternly about this and not to eat the food sacrificed to them.  But we do spend the time with our family and preach to them.  Mother may bring up Chuseok in her speech but it is way different from Christmas because it is not adopted in to our doctrine nor is it a religious holiday for us.  But Christmas is more of a christian religous thing that's why it's different.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

But we are warned not to join in any of the rituals.  Like bowing to the ancestors.  We are warned sternly about this and not to eat the food sacrificed to them.  But we do spend the time with our family and preach to them.  Mother may bring up Chuseok in her speech but it is way different from Christmas because it is not adopted in to our doctrine nor is it a religious holiday for us.  But Christmas is more of a christian religous thing that's why it's different.  

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Just to check my understanding.. Buddah-ism also isn't religious?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Just to check my understanding.. Buddah-ism also isn't religious?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm enjoying this with you better than with 144,000. I feel like you're trying to help me understand rather than tell me how stupid I am for not understanding.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm enjoying this with you better than with 144,000. I feel like you're trying to help me understand rather than tell me how stupid I am for not understanding.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

chuseok has buddihst and Confusionism in it,  But again Chusoek is not apart of the CHurch of God's religious festivals or celebrations.  Also there are more of cultural ascepts in Chuseok also. It is simply a time when the church says to go and spend time with the family.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

chuseok has buddihst and Confusionism in it,  But again Chusoek is not apart of the CHurch of God's religious festivals or celebrations.  Also there are more of cultural ascepts in Chuseok also. It is simply a time when the church says to go and spend time with the family.  

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

So.. buddah-ism and Confusionism aren't religions? Yes or nine?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

So.. buddah-ism and Confusionism aren't religions? Yes or nine?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

what I was saying was, it is not a religious festival for "us".  Like I said it is not part of our celebrations or festivals

fromtheotherside
    Participant

what I was saying was, it is not a religious festival for "us".  Like I said it is not part of our celebrations or festivals

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

I read and understood what you said, But you have failed to answer my question.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

I read and understood what you said, But you have failed to answer my question.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

of course they are can you hurry and state your point.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

of course they are can you hurry and state your point.

Viewing 20 replies - 241 through 260 (of 785 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.