More and more people claim WMSCOG is a cult

fromtheotherside
    Participant

I have a mind, sarah. i'm not a drone, I said this many times before, but I know all the things here on this site, and seen about them heard about it years before this site came into existence. I've meet the people and sat down and talk to people who are involved.  I've seen things that you guys haven't seen and I've wieghed in the facts and taken a look at all the evidences even things that you guys don't know about, so I'm not a drone i have my own mind and say what I feel is correct

fromtheotherside
    Participant

I have a mind, sarah. i'm not a drone, I said this many times before, but I know all the things here on this site, and seen about them heard about it years before this site came into existence. I've meet the people and sat down and talk to people who are involved.  I've seen things that you guys haven't seen and I've wieghed in the facts and taken a look at all the evidences even things that you guys don't know about, so I'm not a drone i have my own mind and say what I feel is correct

Sarah2013
    Participant

No. I’m serious. I don’t know what it means?

Sarah2013
    Participant

No. I’m serious. I don’t know what it means?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

ohh okay it means like robuts, mindless

fromtheotherside
    Participant

ohh okay it means like robuts, mindless

Sarah2013
    Participant

K.

Sarah2013
    Participant

K.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Oh ok. Yeahhh…. I have indirectly implied that too. That’s the problem with intense debates, it can get out of hand. It really shouldn’t . Then we can each state our case and discuss our views and why we feel the way we do. Even a satanist has the right to defend his cause even though I wouldn’t consider anything he says.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Oh ok. Yeahhh…. I have indirectly implied that too. That’s the problem with intense debates, it can get out of hand. It really shouldn’t . Then we can each state our case and discuss our views and why we feel the way we do. Even a satanist has the right to defend his cause even though I wouldn’t consider anything he says.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

exactly, so let's give it a try.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

exactly, so let's give it a try.  

Joshua
    Participant

I am really starting to understand where you are at FTOS. You place a lot of your faith on the hearsay of your group.

Your words: The problem is Many many many many over 100,00's professes just as time, the complete opposite, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and to dismiss it utterly wrong, it means you are only clinging on to your own thoughts and refuse to accept anything else.  I don't dismiss their claims, you can have a bad experience in anything or with any person or group, what I am saying is you can't go cry foul off of a few testimonies but have proof which will hold up,  and testimony does not hold up, because there are 100s and thousands who say and testify otherwise, but you dismiss theirs like you dissmised time's .

Once again your understanding of things seems to be a bit off. Testimony, especially first hand testimony, is recognized in court systems all over the world as facts in cases. What we have here is an unwillingness to see the facts. If all we had to go on were people from the WMS testifying that everything is wonderful inside of the church then we would have to accept that as fact. Truth is that the first had testimonies of members, exmembers, and ex-high ranking members show us the facts that there is something majorly wrong with the WMSCOG. If you want to assume that first hand testimony is not factual then you might as well throw your Bible out the window. The Bible is full of first hand testimonies. Arguably this book provides the most factual account of Jesus Christ ever written. If you look up the facts about someone like Alexander the Great for example you cannot find first hand testimonies but you still accept the information given as factual. People inside of the WMSCOG testify positively about the group because this is what they believe at the time. I'm not going to take that away from them however, the people that have seen the things and experienced the WMSCOG and have come out of it have first hand testimonies that are factual in nature. How many first hand testimonies do you need before you will realize that there is something wrong about the WMS?

Joshua
    Participant

I am really starting to understand where you are at FTOS. You place a lot of your faith on the hearsay of your group.

Your words: The problem is Many many many many over 100,00's professes just as time, the complete opposite, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and to dismiss it utterly wrong, it means you are only clinging on to your own thoughts and refuse to accept anything else.  I don't dismiss their claims, you can have a bad experience in anything or with any person or group, what I am saying is you can't go cry foul off of a few testimonies but have proof which will hold up,  and testimony does not hold up, because there are 100s and thousands who say and testify otherwise, but you dismiss theirs like you dissmised time's .

Once again your understanding of things seems to be a bit off. Testimony, especially first hand testimony, is recognized in court systems all over the world as facts in cases. What we have here is an unwillingness to see the facts. If all we had to go on were people from the WMS testifying that everything is wonderful inside of the church then we would have to accept that as fact. Truth is that the first had testimonies of members, exmembers, and ex-high ranking members show us the facts that there is something majorly wrong with the WMSCOG. If you want to assume that first hand testimony is not factual then you might as well throw your Bible out the window. The Bible is full of first hand testimonies. Arguably this book provides the most factual account of Jesus Christ ever written. If you look up the facts about someone like Alexander the Great for example you cannot find first hand testimonies but you still accept the information given as factual. People inside of the WMSCOG testify positively about the group because this is what they believe at the time. I'm not going to take that away from them however, the people that have seen the things and experienced the WMSCOG and have come out of it have first hand testimonies that are factual in nature. How many first hand testimonies do you need before you will realize that there is something wrong about the WMS?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Hmmmm.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Hmmmm.

MountainMom
    Participant

Ftos and Time:

And how about this, if you want to hear what a member who is currently active in the wmscog thinks:  My relative admitted to his Dad that not all people in the church are happy.  There is some real unhappiness there.  It is just that it is discouraged to show anything but the "fake happy face."  (The last line is mine)    But I know they have to have that smile on their faces in order to recruit, and they cannot express doubts.  That is stifled right away. 

It seems that the church encourages very callous attitudes about the pain family members (or even members sometimes) are going through with their struggles with their involvement.  Husbands leaving their non-member wives sobbing and pleading with them not to go, mothers crying for the loss of their sons.  Family members being told they are "Satan" because they want to talk with their loved ones about the church honestly and with an open mind.  How can this not result in damaged relationships?  It does.  And it is heart breaking for those involved.  For people who like to say how important "mothers" are, they surely have caused monumental pain for the mothers of the young people they have recruited.  And then been very hard and callous about it.  How am I to respect this?

MountainMom
    Participant

Ftos and Time:

And how about this, if you want to hear what a member who is currently active in the wmscog thinks:  My relative admitted to his Dad that not all people in the church are happy.  There is some real unhappiness there.  It is just that it is discouraged to show anything but the "fake happy face."  (The last line is mine)    But I know they have to have that smile on their faces in order to recruit, and they cannot express doubts.  That is stifled right away. 

It seems that the church encourages very callous attitudes about the pain family members (or even members sometimes) are going through with their struggles with their involvement.  Husbands leaving their non-member wives sobbing and pleading with them not to go, mothers crying for the loss of their sons.  Family members being told they are "Satan" because they want to talk with their loved ones about the church honestly and with an open mind.  How can this not result in damaged relationships?  It does.  And it is heart breaking for those involved.  For people who like to say how important "mothers" are, they surely have caused monumental pain for the mothers of the young people they have recruited.  And then been very hard and callous about it.  How am I to respect this?

Time
    Participant

I don't think when Jesus established Christianity, He caused His followers to be secretive to their loved ones. Yes, Jesus caused division but I don't think that He caused heartache to His followers and their families. They preached the truth and continued to do so even when people persecuted them. They didn't fought back just as Jesus did not fought back unlike what the wmscog is doing.

@ElieValkyrie

Well, when Jesus established Christianity, He did cause his followers to be secretive with everyone:

Matthew 16:20 — Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

ANYONE… in the verse above includes ANYONE (even loved ones)…

Im not here to explain regarding the relationship between your brother and you, because I dont know your brother and I dont know you. All I can say if they World Mission Society Church of God was the one to blame, then we should see the same thing happening to every church of God member throughout the world, or even in my local church I should be seeing the same thing happening to everyone, but thats not the case.

Also we dont know if the relatives of Jesus followers had heartaches or not, because we dont have a testimony from them, so you cannot confidently say that. but we do see the following in the Bible:

Luke 14:26 — “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

Now can you say Jesus was a cult leader, by the standards of your "Cult Experts"????

Now regarding the fighting back:

Hacking… I am not sure if the Church is responsible for that… or do you have any evidence it was the Church?, but I think the admin should report it to the authorities, if the Chuch is responsible than they should face the consequences….

Regarding the lawsuit…. Well if you read the paperwork is about the false claims being made (i.e. Money laundering, North Korean Brainwashing Techniques, Destroying Families) it has nothing to do with Biblical debate, in the past there has been many websites just debating biblical views and the Church didnt go suing them. Now somewhere I read that someone made a comment regarding the VA lawsuit being dropped…. Let me ask you this, why was the same lawsuit filed in New Jersey?? it seems to me, that since Michele Colon was dismissed from the lawsuit for reasons of Jurisdiction (Michele is not denying what she did, she was just saying "dont sue me in VA, sue me in NJ) then the church went ahead and followed through… in other words, the case is still pending.

If the Church of God did something illegal, would you not make efforts to have it face the authorities??? Then why is it wrong for the Church of God to do the same to do those who oppose it??

Freedom of speech doesnt mean that you can freely accuse someone of committing federal crimes….

Time
    Participant

I don't think when Jesus established Christianity, He caused His followers to be secretive to their loved ones. Yes, Jesus caused division but I don't think that He caused heartache to His followers and their families. They preached the truth and continued to do so even when people persecuted them. They didn't fought back just as Jesus did not fought back unlike what the wmscog is doing.

@ElieValkyrie

Well, when Jesus established Christianity, He did cause his followers to be secretive with everyone:

Matthew 16:20 — Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

ANYONE… in the verse above includes ANYONE (even loved ones)…

Im not here to explain regarding the relationship between your brother and you, because I dont know your brother and I dont know you. All I can say if they World Mission Society Church of God was the one to blame, then we should see the same thing happening to every church of God member throughout the world, or even in my local church I should be seeing the same thing happening to everyone, but thats not the case.

Also we dont know if the relatives of Jesus followers had heartaches or not, because we dont have a testimony from them, so you cannot confidently say that. but we do see the following in the Bible:

Luke 14:26 — “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

Now can you say Jesus was a cult leader, by the standards of your "Cult Experts"????

Now regarding the fighting back:

Hacking… I am not sure if the Church is responsible for that… or do you have any evidence it was the Church?, but I think the admin should report it to the authorities, if the Chuch is responsible than they should face the consequences….

Regarding the lawsuit…. Well if you read the paperwork is about the false claims being made (i.e. Money laundering, North Korean Brainwashing Techniques, Destroying Families) it has nothing to do with Biblical debate, in the past there has been many websites just debating biblical views and the Church didnt go suing them. Now somewhere I read that someone made a comment regarding the VA lawsuit being dropped…. Let me ask you this, why was the same lawsuit filed in New Jersey?? it seems to me, that since Michele Colon was dismissed from the lawsuit for reasons of Jurisdiction (Michele is not denying what she did, she was just saying "dont sue me in VA, sue me in NJ) then the church went ahead and followed through… in other words, the case is still pending.

If the Church of God did something illegal, would you not make efforts to have it face the authorities??? Then why is it wrong for the Church of God to do the same to do those who oppose it??

Freedom of speech doesnt mean that you can freely accuse someone of committing federal crimes….

Viewing 20 replies - 161 through 180 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.