Evidence regarding Antichrist and Daniel teachings

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

In another thread, fromtheotherside, speaking of the materials presented againt the wmscog, said "none of your evidences speak for itself.  if you have such evidence present it without your explanation."

I presented several 'evidences without explanation' there, but I think it would be a good idea to take each one separately into its own thread.  Here's the first one:

Regarding the teaching of the Catholic Church being the Antichrist: the Ostrogoths were not destroyed in 538, the '10 kingdoms' from the Roman empire were not as the WMSCOG presents, 5 were destroyed not 3, and the destruction or survival of these 'kingdoms' did not depend on their following the Catholic Church.  These are historical, textbook facts.

I originally did not link to my research about it, because fromtheotherside did not want explanation, but if you'd like to see the research, I've collected it here:

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2011/11/daniels-prophecy.html

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2011/08/is-666-pope-part-3.html

fromtheotherside tried to answer this point but so far was unsuccessful.  I'll copy those pieces of the conversation here from the other thread, just to keep everything together.

Simon
    Participant

I'd rather worship the correct God on the "wrong" day then the wrong "god" on the "right" day.

Ultimately who we worship is more important than when. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

The best thing I’ve heard from you, Simon, without feeling confused. Right on.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I'd rather worship the correct God on the "wrong" day then the wrong "god" on the "right" day.

Bravo Simon. I salute you. Complete sentences which I can understand and great point.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I agree.. half way.

Simon
    Participant

which half? 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The half you didn't say. I think it's the best if you can worship the right God on the right day.

Simon
    Participant

yes I'd rather than even more lol

emil
    Participant

I believe that it is best if I can worship the right God every day.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Emil, that makes perfect sense. Worship him daily. I don’t believe the day of worship is as important as who you worship. Who I worship is far more important to me.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

emil wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

emil girl, I already proved you wrong with your verse 13 14 theory, so try again.

FTOS girl, when did that happen? All you said to defend yourself was that prophecies are not always in sequence and I already debunked that statement by showing you the flow of the entire chapter.

LOLZ clearly you don't understand that you gave no reason for you theory being true, and you debunked nothing, You still don't have an understanding of how Dan Rev support eachother and the fact that verse 13 and 14 come after satan being thrown in the lake of fire still makesyou  wrong.  

emil wrote:

Thank you Sarah2013. Now FTOS is backing off from his original claim and saying that his "changing the bible" claim is not literal. How convenient. Why can't he just admit to his error? I don't blsme him actually. He was just saying what he had been told.

You enjoy coming to presumptions dont you, I'm not backing off, I said changing the bible which can mean literal and through words and teachings. The catholic church teaches things that aren't in the bible, therefore changing it, the laws and commands of God.  If you look at wmscog teaching we say catholics changed passover to easter, I know for a fact "easter" is not in the catholic bible, but we will still say they changed the bible. 

emil wrote:

Simon wrote:

Bravo Simon. I salute you. Complete sentences which I can understand and great point.

Sorry to burst your bubble emil  but worshiping on the wrong day means your not worshiping God, sunday you worship the sungod unknowingly. Says the bible. Doesn't matter what you believe it's whats in the bible. 

KF
    Participant

Ftos, are you saying we can't worship GOD any other day but Sabbath?

let me repharse that.   If i want to pray to God on thursday, I can't do it because it will be in vain and i need to wait till saturday?

Sarah2013
    Participant

What God do I worship if I chose Thursday as my worship day? Say I start my own church, I mean, why not? This is good business. So what God will I be worshipping if Thursday is my worship day?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

you can pray we pray multiple times a day, aren't you an x member KF?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

GOd say pray continuesly, praying can be done anytime.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

but sorry to say he never said worship continuesly, or even anytime you want

KF
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

you can pray we pray multiple times a day, aren't you an x member KF?

no, my friend is a member

fromtheotherside
    Participant

o okay, well we pray when ever possible.  Praying can be done whenever you want.   I think renita's answer is correct, worship the true god on the true day, whether you believe in our God or not, You still have to worship on the true day.

KF
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

o okay, well we pray when ever possible.  Praying can be done whenever you want.  

but you just told Simon

Sorry to burst your bubble say but worshiping on the wrong day means your not worshiping God, sunday you worship the sungod unknowingly. Says the bible. Doesn't matter what you believe it's whats in the bible

so this is why i ask

fromtheotherside
    Participant

I know but worship is like actually sitting down and singing and praying and listening to a sermon, as for praying it's praying. and my comment was for sarah and emil not simon

emil
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

LOLZ clearly you don't understand that you gave no reason for you theory being true, and you debunked nothing, You still don't have an understanding of how Dan Rev support eachother and the fact that verse 13 and 14 come after satan being thrown in the lake of fire still makesyou  wrong.  

Lolz I gave you enough reason to show you the interpretation is wrong. First of all, where in the bible is it written that Dan and Rev support each other? Isn't that something that is claimed in your interpretation itself? You cannot make that claim without supporting evidence from the bible. I have not put the verses 13-14 after verse 8. The Holy Spirit has put them there. So if you claim that is wrong, you are blaming the wrong guy.

My claim is that the verses appear in chronological sequence and I showed you how that is obvious. let me try again.

First of all the flow of the words from verse to verse indicates a continuity. Check how it flows from verse 12 to 13. 

11 I watched then because of the noise of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking. And as I watched, the beast was put to death, and its body destroyed and given over to be burned with fire. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time. 13 As I watched in the night visions,…

Secondly, Daniel waits to narrate upto verse 14 and then approaches another for an interpratation in verse 16. This is another indication that the story is being narrated in sequence.

Finally, the interpretation that Daniel is given establishes the sequence in verses 25-27. Any logical person would understand this is in sequence and the coming of Jesus happens after the coming of the little horn.

Your problem is that you are convinced about the interpretation you received and want to try to fit the scriptures to the interpretation.

fromtheotherside wrote:

You enjoy coming to presumptions dont you, I'm not backing off, I said changing the bible which can mean literal and through words and teachings. The catholic church teaches things that aren't in the bible, therefore changing it, the laws and commands of God.  If you look at wmscog teaching we say catholics changed passover to easter, I know for a fact "easter" is not in the catholic bible, but we will still say they changed the bible. 

Changing the bible is changing the bible text. If you claim there are things the CC teaches that are outside the bible then that is certainly not changing the bible. There are many things the wmscog teaches that are not in the bible but are false interpretations in the opinion of all other Christians. We could just as well claim that is the same as the WMSCOG changing the bible.

You don't know the teaching of the Catholic church anyway. You just accept what your pastor tells you. When you are proved wrong, you just change the original claim.

fromtheotherside wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble say but worshiping on the wrong day means your not worshiping God, sunday you worship the sungod unknowingly. Says the bible. Doesn't matter what you believe it's whats in the bible. 

Show me where the bible says worshipping God on Sunday is worshipping the sungod? Is that in a bible that the wmscog changed?

Viewing 20 replies - 161 through 180 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.