Evidence regarding Antichrist and Daniel teachings

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

In another thread, fromtheotherside, speaking of the materials presented againt the wmscog, said "none of your evidences speak for itself.  if you have such evidence present it without your explanation."

I presented several 'evidences without explanation' there, but I think it would be a good idea to take each one separately into its own thread.  Here's the first one:

Regarding the teaching of the Catholic Church being the Antichrist: the Ostrogoths were not destroyed in 538, the '10 kingdoms' from the Roman empire were not as the WMSCOG presents, 5 were destroyed not 3, and the destruction or survival of these 'kingdoms' did not depend on their following the Catholic Church.  These are historical, textbook facts.

I originally did not link to my research about it, because fromtheotherside did not want explanation, but if you'd like to see the research, I've collected it here:

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2011/11/daniels-prophecy.html

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2011/08/is-666-pope-part-3.html

fromtheotherside tried to answer this point but so far was unsuccessful.  I'll copy those pieces of the conversation here from the other thread, just to keep everything together.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Emil you're catholic?  Well you know then why don't you tell me about that, you're saying that there was no inquisition? I'm not being mean or anything I want to know.  I thought that wasproven evnen in history books.  And the "hail marry " thing tht's in the bible? really I'm just being curious, you said it was false, butI never seen that in the bible, can you tell me about it.  I'm not going to fight you with it, whatever you tell me I will just read and not comment. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

small and again the same with Alexander and the 4 way split.  the main picture is the qualities and they fit. Also the countries that lead up to it they fit too. 

Elaine
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

And the "hail marry " thing tht's in the bible?

Are the teachings of mother in the bible? As they are put all over on the wall at the Zion. They sound more from the Buddhist Bible.

emil
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Emil you're catholic?  Well you know then why don't you tell me about that, you're saying that there was no inquisition? I'm not being mean or anything I want to know.  I thought that wasproven evnen in history books.  And the "hail marry " thing tht's in the bible? really I'm just being curious, you said it was false, butI never seen that in the bible, can you tell me about it.  I'm not going to fight you with it, whatever you tell me I will just read and not comment. 

Where did I say there was no inquisition?

I am confused by the second part of your question. You are the one who said that the "hail marry" (sic) thing is in the catholic bible. I asked you in which catholic bible did you find that?

I assure you there is no difference except for translational nuances among the 66 books of the bible that are common to most Christians. The Catholics do have more books in their bible to make it 73 in total. Now whether those 7 books should be there or not is a completely different topic for discussion and not a subject that concerns "Examining WMSCOG"

Let me also assure you that those books are old testament scripture and have no mention of "hail marry"

Simon
    Participant

I would say other than the name mother's teachings are biblical

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

Oh my word. The cognitive dissonance it must take to stare this straight in the face and just say “nope,destroyed,end of story,facts don’t matter, la la la.” Just go to Wikipedia, and read under the article about the Ostrogoths where in big bold letters it says “war with Rome (535-554)” They. Lied. To. You.

Simon
    Participant

Except he didn't say they were destroyed

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I read somewhere that the last king was kill in 554. It looks to me that was the end of Ostrogoths.

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Except he didn't say they were destroyed

But the wmscog says the Ostrogoths were destroyed in 538.

Simon
    Participant

they say to some apparently not him 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It's every sermon book! Well.. every American sermon book.

Simon
    Participant

Gotta find mine I don't recall it saying what happened in 538

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I mean the ones with the sermons. Not the elohist academy one. I think daniel's prophecy is it's own book.

Simon
    Participant

I have all the books available (in this area) from Passover 2010-2012 (Around Pentecost?) and no book on Daniel specially was available then

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Gosh.. I feel like I've seen it though. I can picture it in my head… I REMEMBER! The evidence book. The picture that I see are the pictures of the animals.

Simon
    Participant

yes the evidence book has mention of 538 I don't remember it saying ostrogoths were defeated maybe it did/does and I don't remember

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It was a very small section. Like 5 lines or so about ostrogoths. The only date given was 538.

Jay
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

It was a very small section. Like 5 lines or so about ostrogoths. The only date given was 538.

The 538  did not originate with WMMCOG (as you may know) but I believe to be correct but misapplied by WMMCOG.  It was understood that in 533, the justinean decree was given and then was enforced in 538 when the enemies of the Catholics in Rome were subjugated by Belisarius, a general of Justinian.  It was at this time that it is said that Dan 7:8 was fulfilled. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belisarius#Against_the_Ostrogoths

Joshua
    Participant

Jay, it's still not factually or historically correct. If the glove don't fit you must aquite.

Jay
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Jay, it's still not factually or historically correct. If the glove don't fit you must aquite.

What isn't factually or historically correct?

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.