Does the wmscog keep a false pa-ssover?

• Creator
    Topic
    Mayor and Mike
    Participant

The time is near, and the current members with be attending the pa-ssover ceremony. Do they or don't they observe a false pa-ssover?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Their passover is false, in the sense that they dont worship the real God. The Apostle Paul made it clear that Gentiles didnt need to be under the Jewish law…yet WMS literally keeps Old Jewish law to a tee, but simply says that they are Christians

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Its interesting that they say ALL the jewish laws have a new covenant regulation and at the same time serve as prophecy. But there are sooooo many obscure and random OT laws that I’ve never seen any direct regulation for. Such as not wearing two different kinds of fabric.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

The Jews also were instructed to keep “Prayer blankets/ shawls that had knots on the frayed edges. They would touch each knot and remember a command/law of God.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Tassels. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor. Thanks

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I recommended everyone to read the old testament law, the first 5 books. Its dry, and it's not easy to understand. But when you start connecting the dots and start seeing the hidden prophecys and the ones about Jesus, it gets much more interesting. There's much wisdom in those books and you'll learn we have a very righteous and loving God in heaven. 

LambofGod
    Participant

Passover feast, Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, and all the Sabbath's combined…. That's a lot of TAX FREE liquid going straight to South Korea.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

And don't they open envelope cabinet at the passover and the other feasts in addition to the sabbath pay day. Well, the people should stop giving so much tax free green liquid then if the cog mistreats their members. 

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Yeah, when I was a member I remember feeling the feasts where like anual bonuses for mama Z

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Whats sad to me….is that the members can’t see it. Its difficult because Im now on the outside looking back…but since Ive been going back and forth the last few days with a member, I can see how dangerous WMS is. When John Power said that members empty their savings of their own free will, it blew me away. But the WMS leaders fail by their own arrogance. They brainwash members to be at church all the time. Therefore many members who have established, well paying careers, go to working minimum wage jobs (I think all exmembers here, have seen this). Young adults on track to having well paying jobs drop out (one woman we knew, secretly dropped out of Nursing school). So WMS short changes themselves through this cycle. Not to say thats a bad thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

LambofGod wrote:

Passover feast, Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, and all the Sabbath's combined…. That's a lot of TAX FREE liquid going straight to South Korea.

That part about "straight to South Korea" may not be entirely true.  The financial reports on this site show 10 million in the New Jersey Ridgemont accounts a few years ago.  We can assume other large operations, like LA, may have similar numbers.  I think we can assume that if they continue to keep cash hordes in the US, these have probably grown since then.

How does foreign religious entities like WMSCOG move money back to the home office?  Any transaction over $10,000 moving outside the US must be reported to the Feds (drug money laundering laws).  So if Dongy Lee wants to move some dough back to Mamma Zhang and Choo Choo, that transaction must be reported.

Religious organizations are not required to report financial statements to the US government.  But if they borrow money, like WMSCOG does from certain banks in Los Angeles, they do report financial information to them.  Also, when they make a mistake and sue the wrong person, a judge may require financial disclosure (thanks Michelle!).  There should be a way to dig into this and find out how the WMSCOG money moves around …..

Also financial reporting requirements of religious entities in Korea may be different … anyone have knowledge of what is required in Korea?

jw03550
    Participant

how does this help a member see the deception around them?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

The conversation has moved to church finances JW. What to you have to say about it?

jw03550
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

The conversation has moved to church finances JW. What to you have to say about it?

If any tax exempt org should have lost their status it is the church of the science-something. and they haven't lost their status.  the members of that "church" don't seem to be drawn out by telling them that their organizatin is money hungry.

UntouchableJ wrote:

Whats sad to me….is that the members can't see it.

it begs the question: why bother?

because its just fodder for look at what those slanderers are saying – that is, I argue that it supports the (notion that the) ad hominem argument keeps people in, for longer.

Obviously, time is better spent on something that the members have a better chance of seeing.  David didn't armwrestle with Goliath….

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Yes of course JW. But there is much to discuss. Lets make a new topic about helping a member see the deception. And what's your input on seeing the deception?

jw03550
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

Its interesting that they say ALL the jewish laws have a new covenant regulation and at the same time serve as prophecy.

a foundation for the deceptive/controlling groups that I have looked into have this in common:

They say one thing and do another….a lot.

The claim that services or holy days are used to bring in money = shocker.  not.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Yes JW. We were talking about how they encourage members to give more money during the special services. The cog uses jewish law as prophecy. How long were you a member JW? 

jw03550
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

Yes JW. We were talking about how they encourage members to give more money during the special services. The cog uses jewish law as prophecy. How long were you a member JW? 

I wasn't involved long enough to be considered a member. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mayor and Mike wrote:

How long were you a member JW? 

Go back and review the old Simon posts a few years ago.  You can learn more about JW/Shimon/Simon/NoHandle experiences in WMSCOG.  He was a member and baptized he just has difficulty facing that reality.  His posts generally reflect a lack of human sympathy, which is typical of those suffering from Asperger's.

Understanding and revealing how money flows in WMSCOG is important and useful in developing activities to blunt their recruiting.  In fact, many of the strategies Mr. JW, etc, oppose, are presented to blunt recruiting.   Tools used to blunt recruiting are not necessarily the same tools used to ease a person out of a CULT like WMSCOG.  

The truth is, this guy misses WMSCOG, and I have always believed he was asked to leave …. 

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Heinrich Hochhalter wrote:

Mayor and Mike wrote:

How long were you a member JW? 

Go back and review the old Simon posts a few years ago.  You can learn more about JW/Shimon/Simon/NoHandle experiences in WMSCOG.  He was a member and baptized he just has difficulty facing that reality.  His posts generally reflect a lack of human sympathy, which is typical of those suffering from Asperger's.

Understanding and revealing how money flows in WMSCOG is important and useful in developing activities to blunt their recruiting.  In fact, many of the strategies Mr. JW, etc, oppose, are presented to blunt recruiting.   Tools used to blunt recruiting are not necessarily the same tools used to ease a person out of a CULT like WMSCOG.  

The truth is, this guy misses WMSCOG, and I have always believed he was asked to leave …. 

Yah, he knew exactly the concept and application of mother's teachings ( something only former members can really grasp), I called him out on it , he tried to back track but sthere is no doubt in my mind that he was a member at some point.While I won't deny that he does make valid points sometimes, I simply have no stomach for people who are dishonest and/or play mind games ( I got enough of that in the WMS), so he can go hug a porcupine for all I care.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.