WMSCOG vs Christmas Celebration

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

There has been a bit of a debate regarding the celebration of Christmas and it's origin. I have read many post regarding this celebration and it's origin. So now, here is my question, if Christmas is a pagan celebration or the like as some claim, then does that make the worship of a proven false god(s) ok? Here is why that particular debate holds no water compared to wmscog's doctrine and claim:

1. Christmas is a pagan holiday 

2. Sunday is sun-god worship

3. Zahng Gil Jah is god – mother god. who is the bride of God, which makes her a second god aside from God himself. There are no real scripture supporting this idea or belief either except the one given as support by Wmscog Gal. 4:26, of which, by the way, is incorrect. 

4. Ahnsanghong is the Holy Spirit/God. He left behind earthly children and his tombstone makes reference to that. He came from unbelieving parents originally. So God almighty, of all he could have chosen to be born into, he chose that which he is against. His books and the teaching  of Wmscog have so many inconsistencies and descrepancies – the teaching of Wmscog and the teaching of Ahng are not in accordance. 

5. Zahng Gil Jah, by the way does not move about the country. When was the last time she came to United States to spread the gospel of her son or her husband. Is she the bride of her husband or son. 

6. Jesus only made mention of a father and not a mother. 

Confusion! Confusion! Confusion! How can Christmas or sunday worship be bigger than the above?

I say that to say in very simple and plain English, If you want to keep at Christmas being a pagan holiday then for crying out loud. Keep your hands clean from sin. All of the above raises eyebrows but tell me, which do you think is really a problem, Christmas? Sunday worship? You got to be kidding me. If this is what Wmscog wants to hold onto, then you sincerely do not understand the God of the universe. To mimic him falsely is a serious sin. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So worshipping the sun God on christmas is alright for you is that where you stand?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Unfortunately keeping the wrong days leads you to worshipping the wrong God.

emil
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

So worshipping the sun God on christmas is alright for you is that where you stand?

Your skill in reading comprehension is unbelievable. What part of "which God you worship" did you not understand?

fromtheotherside wrote:

Says you and the wmscog. Others can see which god you guys are worshiping. It is not the God of the bible.

emil
    Participant

Hebrews 4:7 – God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,

do not harden your hearts.”

Every day is perfect for worshiping God.

Simon
    Participant

Not sure if that can be said to relate to the fourth commandment like that

Sarah2013
    Participant

FTOS, unfortunately I have to say that Wmscog focus so much on traditions themselves. We have had so many debates on feasts, sabbath, Christmas, sun god, moon god, just like the Pharisees that the main focus has become irrelevant. Who is the true God is the base. Baal and Jesus are not the same. Idol worship is idol worship. To claim Ahang and Zhang are true Gods while observing feasts and works toward salvation is unheard of and is idol worship, same goes for buddhism, hinduism and any other idol worshipping ‘isms’ out there. Even demons know this fact. People can celebrate Christmas daily or on a different day other than 25th December and your organization will still find something wrong with that. We cannot serve Ahang, Zhang ( as new names) and say Jesus is obsolete – that is, the name Jesus. Jesus never implied any of that. We can’t work our way up either. No amount of feast keeping, Sabbath and so on gets anyone into heaven. Not even Christmas. It is only by the name of Jesus. That name cannot be replaced. It is only through the Son and not sun.

When Jesus walked this earth he left an example to follow. He was and is wisdom after all. He would have told us to look forward to mother in the flesh or him coming in the form of a different name (the issue is not so much the man, Ahang, but the name change) Wisdom never told us that. These backup scriptures that Wmscog uses to claim such is contradicting, so cannot be accepted. In addition, if they are who you say they are, then there are some errors in their existence. Having earthly intimacy and reproducing, earthly marriages on earth, that cannot be God of the universe. Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and Mary’s body was what God choose to use. The reason for that is not important as the act itself. Without some sort of clear supernatural act, Wmscog cannot expect people to accept vague teachings. Already it is, little by little, proving itself to be false. Wmscog has all the “appearance” of the godliness of the Pharisees, yet, deny the power.

You have the human right to your belief, no doubt. However, the bible is being tainted and abused by Wmscog and a few more out there. Even if an angel came to me with wings illuminating, saying Jesus’ name has been changed, I will rebuke him because it is not biblical.

genny
    Participant

Good message, Sarah!

fromtheotherside wrote:

Nemil wrote:

1. Christ is in the bible but not Ahn. How about that? At Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who is the centre of the bible. You made a statement asserting that the word 'christmas' itself is pagan. Now does it mean you are withdrawing that assertion? Something not being in the bible does not make it pagan. Do you eat sandwiches? Is it mentioned in the bible? Is it pagan? Do you drive a car? It's not in the bible so it must be pagan?

How you jump to this conclusion just baffles me… I clearly pointed out the fact it was not in the bible so it is pagan, as my reason, but now I' withdrawing my assertion??? hmmm this is confusing… anyhow your comparing the words of God and his truth to sandwhiches?? okay those two just totally don't have any correlation.  First, do they eat sandwiches in order to worship a sandwich god? They have  no corelation.  

FTOS, I was reaching that conclusion also.  You said the name of "Christmas" was pagan, which is different than saying the celebration of Christmas is pagan.  I understand why you think the celebration of Christmas is pagan, but why the word itself?  You continue to avoid answering that, so I was beginning to assume you didn't really mean to make that assertion.

You can either back off that claim, and say that you really meant the celebration, and not the name, of Christmas was pagan.

Or you can maintain the claim, and then show us how the word itself, "Christmas," is pagan.

Simon
    Participant

What traditions does wmscog encourage?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Look up the definition of tradition and you’ll have your answer.

Simon
    Participant

I know what tradition means

Sarah2013
    Participant

Good.

Simon
    Participant

But wmscog doesn’t teach traditions

Simon
    Participant

Some bizarre interpretion for sure

Sarah2013
    Participant

I can agree to that.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Not sure if that can be said to relate to the fourth commandment like that

Look up the thread and tell me how I have said it in the context of the 4th commandment. Your eagerness to maintain a balance makes you often tilt too far.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

But wmscog doesn't teach traditions

Simon you really ought to study the whole letter to the Galatians. We have a new covenant. The old is gone. No more waving sheaves. As far as I am concerned, those are traditions that draw us away from the grace given by the death and resurrection of my saviour.

emil
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

We could have tried to understand a little about the "right" day if you had answered my question about the names of the months and dates when you keep the feasts.

Simon
    Participant

Ftos is all over the place i may have misunderstood what you replied tik

Love'n Honey
    Participant

FTOS is just a distraction to keep y'all from moving on to different, major points so you'll focus more on the points you've already made.

We can all agree that the "right day" for anything is described in the bible, right? Of course. As long as you're using the bible to back a claim, then your claim is true, right? Wrong.. Salvation isn't hidden in the Scripture. It's laid there plainly. If you have to combine odd Scriptures together to prove an off the wall point and use the excuse about the secrets of the KOH were given to us and not to them then that, dear, is what you call a snake in the grass. We all know who the snake in the bible is, right? Satan.. =) [partially joking but mostly serious]

jellybean
    Participant

As I wrote before, the Idea of “oh! you guys are worshiping this tons of gods too because their birthday is on the same day” is so fake. If person A’s birthday is on february 20th and person B’s birthday is on the same day, but none of them know each other it does not mean that person A is also celebrating person’s B birthday or the opposite.

If person A’s birthday is regularly celebrated on march 22nd and person B’s is on January but because we do not know the specific day because we do not have the birth certificate of person B we decided to celebrate it always on March 22nd it does not mean we are also celebrating persons A’s birthday. Because we do not even know person A and even if I was told later that person A birthday is also on that day it does not mean I am also celebrating that person’s birthday because he/she is not even my family, friend or related. Remember that Christianity is about having a relationship with Jesus Christ, being his brother or sister, having Jesus as your friend etc. Therefore Christians do celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Jesus Christ the son of God Almighty.

Unfortunately since critical thinking is taken away from people when involved in this type of church, is not until your out that you recover the practice of such. The only thing they posses is Bias. When you are Bias you only accept research, quotes and thoughts that agree with your feelings and decisions and you reject anything that proves or shows the opposite.

Viewing 20 replies - 181 through 200 (of 249 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.