Korean Harvest Festival

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Chairwoman Zahng Gil-jah delivered the words of encouragement, saying, “Welcome, our family members from abroad. I can guess how difficult it is for you to live in a foreign country, because many Korean people also went abroad to work two or three decades ago. Pick yourselves up though you have difficulties. There’s a Korean old saying about the time of Chuseok (which is Korean harvest festival and also called Hangawi): “No more or less, but just be like Hangawi.” It means that all is abundant at Hangawi. We have prepared songpyon a special rice cake for Chuseok, and other festive food for you. Enjoy the food and be healthy.”

http://weloveuzahnggiljah.blogspot.com/2012/05/intl-we-love-u-foundation-chairwoman.html 

Sarah2013
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Emil boy, talking to you is like talkiung to a red brick wall.  I say red because I imagine you that way getting all huffy puffy.  Like a big blow fish. Lolz.  Anyhow you really need to stop with the christmas thing, as debating it with you leads no where.  lolz

crazy

emil
    Participant

FTOS – OK, if you can't understand. You never discuss the issue anyway. Just make personal remarks which are meaningless. I realize you can't help yourself.

Sarah2013 wrote:

I really can't say. I know that the bible says that. perharps in terms of reverence as in deity, it's wrong. I can't say for sure. Maybe Emil, Joshua or someone else can explain. I've been to many countries with such culture (I think America might be exampt to this understanding since it's not their culture to bow) Don't throw stones at me for saying that though. Who knows, sometimes we do things ignorantly only to find out it was against God's will… 

I really believe that it is not the action but the motive behind the action that makes it sinful. In most oriental cultures this is a sign of respect. In our country, the Hindus have this touching of feet. It is done to family elders, extended family elders and sometimes a revered teacher as well. Urban Christians don't do that but I think in rural India, even among christians, this must be still common. The motive is to respect and not worship the person whose feet you touch. I don't believe this is against the commandment.

Even among peers here in India, the traditional greeting is a "Namaste", a slight bow with hands joined as we normally do in prayer. This is specially true when you greet the opposite sex because traditional culture frowns upon a man and woman touching each other unless they are married or have filial relationship. Shaking hands is taboo. In urban India, things have changed and become more westernized but many still follow the traditional practice. The action is no way connected with worship. Though in a way Hindu philosophy does consider that god dwells in us and therefore we have god within, or even sometimes, we are god.

Sin comes from a person's heart. It is impossible for one human to judge another's heart. Only God can do that. We must therefore refrain from pointing fingers at others' actions and use our own body of experience to assume what's in their heart.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

So, Emil is a boy…… hm…

Where in the Scripture does it suggest that it's the motive behind the action that makes it sinful? The only thing I can think of is murder. But that was specific to murder. Is there any verse that makes a general statement to all actions?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Found it! Pr 16:2 and 1 Cor 4:5

genny
    Participant

The Unknown wrote:

I responded to this garbage claim in The Real Question Forum. And you are all in error. WMSCOG is against Pagan festivals. Celebrating 4th of July or Mother's Day or something of that nature is ok, it has nothing to do with religion and nobody puts Gods name on it. It is a Sin to put Gods name on a man made festival such as Xmas or Easter. Go to The Real Question Forum and prove my explanation to this nonsense and my answer to the original question in the forum wrong. Especially you Genny. Speak your business. I've been waiting on responses from you.

Hi The Unknown.  I have had trouble with computer access lately, and trying to catch up with all the posts has been really difficult (though it's great that so much conversation is happening!).  If I miss responding to any of your pressing points, please be so kind as to point them out again for me.

My friends here have already given good reponses to this topic, but I have some questions for you…

1. Let's say God did something extra special for me and my family.  If we celebrate that day each year and develop our own traditions around it (such as a special meal), thanking God and remembering what He had done for us, would you consider that allowable or not?  Why?

2. If we celebrate birthdays, 4th of July, Mother's Day and Father's Day, etc. with prayers to God, would you consider that allowable or not?  Why?

3. If my family chose to celebrate the birth of Jesus every year on, say, July 1st, and used that day especially for remembering Jesus' birth, would you consider that allowable or not?  Why? (assume there is no decorating of trees, giving of presents, or that kind of thing)

4. What if we happened to choose Dec. 25 to celebrate the birth of Jesus?  Still assuming there was no decorating of trees, etc, would you consider that allowable or still pagan?  Why?

5. What if I just happen to love trees and greenery, and decorate my house with lovely smelling pine branches in the winter, without any knowledge that pagan used to make wreaths too.  Would you still consider my actions pagan?  Why?

Participant

Genny how many times will you repeat the same questions, didnt we all already give you the answers in previous christmas threads?

Did you forget them already or are you hoping someone will say something slightly different so you can argue with them about it?

Because, if you excuse semantics, we all basically preach the same thing with exceptions few and far between.

genny
    Participant

Call me forgetful, then.  My kids do. 🙂  If these answers are in other threads, then either I have forgotten or the answers weren't clear enough for me to understand.  Can you please help me by either restating the answers for me, or direct me to the thread where the answers are?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Genny how many times will you repeat the same questions, didnt we all already give you the answers in previous christmas threads?

Did you forget them already or are you hoping someone will say something slightly different so you can argue with them about it?

Because, if you excuse semantics, we all basically preach the same thing with exceptions few and far between.

She did mention that she hasn't been online in a while and is having difficulty catching up. Basically, she's asking for a quick recap.

Participant

Its understandable.

But if you want to learn, tell someone in Zion that you wish to repent and learn again, someone who can sit and explain all the little details without error.

I’m not here except to provide basic answers, and you obviously weren’t persuaded before.

I’m also not here except for the benefit of brothers and sisters who may want a referral to a better website such as wmscog.org and to know that there are studies about theese things and to know people have been lying about theese things.

So if you earnestly want the answers, repent in Zion

Disturbed
    Participant

Why does one have to be persuaded?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Brothers and sisters already know about those sites. And if they don't, you have failed to preach enough.

genny
    Participant

144000, I have studied personally at a 'Zion.'  It's funny what happens…

When I try to understand and examine wmscog doctrine online, and I'm told to go study in person.

When I try to do it in person, I'm told to go look up the information online from wmscog websites.  They don't want to explain all the little details with me.

Basically, when I continue asking questions, members stop wanting to talk to me, so they tell me to go study somewhere else.  That's not very helpful.

emil
    Participant

I think Genny's questions are important. I have not seen clear answers on this yet. Your members coming here to this site will see that you are afraid of answering.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

I think Genny's questions are important. I have not seen clear answers on this yet. Your members coming here to this site will see that you are afraid of answering.

Bingo dingo!

"Why doesn't the sister just answer?" Usually what follows this thought is.. "Now I want to know the answer.."

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Someone who lacks faith in their doctrine won't fully answer the question. You are unsure of what you're about to say so you avoid the question with insults or with a completely different topic. You have weak faith 144,000.

Disturbed
    Participant

And why are there so many answers/interpretations to a question? If the bible has already been “unsealed” by Ash who claims to be the Root of David, there should be direct answers about the “truth”. Between hearing from FTOS, the Unknown and 144,000 it’s almost like speaking to different people within different denominations. That’s confusion even to an ex member.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

And why are there so many answers/interpretations to a question? If the bible has already been "unsealed" by Ash who claims to be the Root of David, there should be direct answers about the "truth". Between hearing from FTOS, the Unknown and 144,000 it's almost like speaking to different people within different denominations. That's confusion even to an ex member.

Root of David (Ahang or Jesus)? Confusing. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

And why are there so many answers/interpretations to a question? If the bible has already been "unsealed" by Ash who claims to be the Root of David, there should be direct answers about the "truth". Between hearing from FTOS, the Unknown and 144,000 it's almost like speaking to different people within different denominations. That's confusion even to an ex member.

That's exactly what it's like. Just like FTOS and I came to an agreement that 144,000 and I couldn't. Then she tried to piggy back FTOS saying that he was essentially saying the same thing she was saying. Get your life, 144,000. Each Zion is it's own denomination and that's the name of their pastor. Santee Zion is the Brian Denomination. LA is the John Lee denomination. NJ is the Daniel Lee denomination.. etc.

Disturbed
    Participant

There is a bible study that Ash is the Root of David.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

You don't have to read the whole thing though I do advise that you do just to be fair. But I bolded the rituals, ceremonies, hopes for blessings, services, and prayers that you said don't take place during Chuseok. There have been plenty of times when I was wrong about something but have accepted my defeat. Chuseok is a pagan festival because of these things. And why are they giving thanks to their ancestors when God is the one who brings the harvest? There so many things about Chuseok that are against the bible, according to what I've learned in the WMSCOG.

what I mean by there are no rituals is that, there are no rituals in the Church for Chuseok.  Except to spend time with Family.  (which is not a ritual)  

Also one thing I want to make clear, is this : Do not call anything impure that I have made clean.  (Acts 10)  We never follow the "rituals" of Chuseok nor do we celebrate it.  But Mother said to go and be with your family.  But do not participate in idolatry.  Been with our family on Chuseok is ok, because Mother said so! so there!

FTOS.. Why are you saying "I" whilst clarifying what 144,000 said? Are you 144,000?

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.