Korean Harvest Festival

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Chairwoman Zahng Gil-jah delivered the words of encouragement, saying, “Welcome, our family members from abroad. I can guess how difficult it is for you to live in a foreign country, because many Korean people also went abroad to work two or three decades ago. Pick yourselves up though you have difficulties. There’s a Korean old saying about the time of Chuseok (which is Korean harvest festival and also called Hangawi): “No more or less, but just be like Hangawi.” It means that all is abundant at Hangawi. We have prepared songpyon a special rice cake for Chuseok, and other festive food for you. Enjoy the food and be healthy.”

http://weloveuzahnggiljah.blogspot.com/2012/05/intl-we-love-u-foundation-chairwoman.html 

Questioninginla
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Ive never used any lies white or otherwise and Ive never heard any lies white or otherwise. 

Well then, if you happen to hear of any of your brothers and sisters without the high morals you have, be sure to…..cover for them.  Hint:  #9.

144000 wrote:

We love our families and earnestly try to save them. 

We love our families and earnestly try to convert them.

FIXED.

Participant

If you thinks its bad to convert people into Christ maybe you should pick a different religion.

Simon
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Questioninginla

Ive never used any lies white or otherwise and Ive never heard any lies white or otherwise. You just love making assumptions about people don't you?

Simon

Indeed they said not to, but then they went. Or do you suppose his mother was there with him when he was in prison and getting flogged? When he was shiipwrecked how many family members was he with?

Or haven't you read the bible? As Jesus said to give everything up and follow him so they did.

The Bible explicitly says NOT to leave unbelieving family.

The Bible also explicitly says married christians brought spouses with them preaching

As Jesus says that unless your family hates you, you cannot be his desciple, so they were.

That means no one is Jesus's disciple 🙂

Simon
    Participant

144000 wrote:

If you thinks its bad to convert people into Christ maybe you should pick a different religion.

false Chrsts*

fixed

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

I did't feel that way. Is it possible your projecting more stress onto something than was actually there?

Its actually really simple.

Did you ever read a bible passage that said "thus apostle paul sat back with a cold one and watched the roman games"?

The desciples of Christ dedicated almost all of their time to preaching and studying God or teaching God.

They abandoned their families and dedicated their lives to the gospel, they became despised and lost many friends.

This doesn't mean that spending quality time with family is bad, in fact honoring your family is also a tenet of faith. Also relaxing with some games isn't bad either, but it shouldn't be your priority.

So tell me, would you call the apostles of Christ home-wreckers? Would you say they destroyed families?

No, it is credited to them as righteousness. They will be honored for their faith with a reward in heaven.

And so shall we.

How come your church isn't up front about abandoning families? Why do you [WMSCOG] wait until their families try to pry them away that you encourage them to abandon their families? This is the exact talk that manipulates the members to divorce and become estranged from their families. They believe it will make them righteaous.

1 John 3:13

Participant

The first and greatest commandment is love.

Then comes an instruction about your way in life, to stay with your families and be good to them.

Then Jesus says if your family does not hate you you cannot be my desciple, he also says “let the dead burry their own dead”.

That is roughly the order in which we keep them, for none of the verses contradict, if you can exist in love with other people then that is the greatest commandment surpassing all others.

If you can be true to your family and avoid any confrontations with them about anything other than God then that is good, that together with them.

But if God becomes a contentious issue for them, and they are the ones who get in the way and try to force you to choose, then expel such immoral people, do not even eat with them. And in so doing Jesus will say of you “you are my mother, you are my brothers”

You must keep all of theese instructions in mind, do not neglect them by picking and choosing what is only convenient for you to follow.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

The first and greatest commandment is love.

Then comes an instruction about your way in life, to stay with your families and be good to them.

Then Jesus says if your family does not hate you you cannot be my desciple, he also says "let the dead burry their own dead".

That is roughly the order in which we keep them, for none of the verses contradict, if you can exist in love with other people then that is the greatest commandment surpassing all others.

If you can be true to your family and avoid any confrontations with them about anything other than God then that is good, that together with them.

But if God becomes a contentious issue for them, and they are the ones who get in the way and try to force you to choose, then expel such immoral people, do not even eat with them. And in so doing Jesus will say of you "you are my mother, you are my brothers"

You must keep all of theese instructions in mind, do not neglect them by picking and choosing what is only convenient for you to follow.

[1] Mark 12:31

[2] 1 Tim 5:4

[3] Reference? I cannot find where Jesus said if your family doesn't hate you then you can't be a disciple.; Matt 8:22

[4] Reference? The only thing I can find that's close would be 1 Cor 5:11 but that is specific to brothers and sisters

Participant

Luke 14:26

But in the context of knowing the greatest commandment which is love, luke 14:26 is less of a commandment and more of a warning and a sign of what will inevitably happen after your love for them is rejected by them as “not good enough” while you prioritize Christ.

genny
    Participant

Really Luke 14:26 says, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

which is a little backwards from what you said, 144000:

"Then Jesus says if your family does not hate you you cannot be my desciple"

I believe what Jesus means is that you must love God more than you love your family or even your own life.

Participant

Yes, that is more accurate, I was paraphrasing.

Hating your family is a prerequisite, not your family hating you.

The end result is the same, if you have to choose between locing your family and loving Christ, then prioritize Christ and spend your time being a desciple.

It isn’t openly preached due to its antagonistic nature, but it is the natural result of spending more time in Zion. Because apparently there is such a thing as spending a “suspicious” amount of time in Zion.

Yet I tell you the truth, the Apostles never rebuked anybody for spending too much time in church.

In fact such an argument seems to go against the will of God who is Christ.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Then Jesus says if your family does not hate you you cannot be my desciple, he also says "let the dead burry their own dead".

144000 wrote:

Yes, that is more accurate, I was paraphrasing.

Hating your family is a prerequisite, not your family hating you.

Paraphrase: A restatement of a text or passage in another form or other words, often to clarify meaning

That's not paraphrasing. That's a completely different statement. In one you said your family must hate you to be a disciple and in another you said you must hate your family to be a disciple. These statements don't have the same meaning. And even still, your statement doesn't match genny's. You said "Yes" in agreement then said something completely different.

genny wrote:

I believe what Jesus means is that you must love God more than you love your family or even your own life.

What genny said is that we must love both God and our family but our love for God must be greater than our love for our family, not that we should hate our family. Otherwise the bible contradicts itself telling us to love our family but also to hate them. Or were you not saying "Yes" to this statement?

Selena
    Participant

I remember the time around the Korean Harvest Festival our church had a discussion. They were explaining how we would go out preaching and showing a certain video because mother wanted us to show the video. This came about because members were going to see their family during the Korean Harvest Festival. The next thing he said was that the korean harvest festival was like Thanksgiving, the deacon who said this is from Korea. I found this ironic because we are told not to celebrate thanksgiving, but the koreans are able to celebrate their thanksgiving. Thats how it is in the church anything that is korean is accepted. I even heard some of the sisters say they like the song gangnam style by psy, but I was wondering why because we are told not to listen to worldly music and when you translate this song it is very derogatory.

Disturbed
    Participant

I always wondered why the Korean people seemed to be blessed more by “mother” especially when the bible testifies that God doesn’t show favoritism. I never asked anyone about that lest I be deemed to not have good faith.

Stained
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Four out of the four zions I have been to didn't "discourage" family time in such a way to the best of any of my memories.

And even if they did, which they did not, such zions as you describe certainly don't make extra-curricular worships mandatory.

In addition, whats wrong with spending more time in Zion?

Everyone should be people who desire to go into church more, worship more, and become closer to God.

I find it appaling that other churches aren't as active, it shows in spades and droves that all their membership just wants to skate by doing the minimum lip service.

Everywhere I go people spend their weekends watching football, playing games, and catching a 10am service on sunday.

We study and learn God all day sabbath saturday and then go preaching sunday.

Which of those two types of people do you think God is more pleased with?

I know a girl called Elsa, she's into Alka Seltza, she sniffs it through a cane on a Supersonic Train, and she makes me laugh, I got her autograph.  She done it with a Doctor, on a Helicopter, she's sniffin' in her Tissue, selling the big issue. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

The problem with his post, Stained, is that he is referring to an idol god who cannot save or even turn water into wine or soda.

Simon
    Participant

I can turn water into soda!

Smurf
    Participant

I can turn water into pee. But not into soda. The best I could do is probably fizzy pee. But not soda.

And even if I could, why would I want to drink it? Leave the soda to Bear Grylls. Pee-soda has a LOT of proteins. It's nasty, but it's going to be enough until you can find somewhere to set camp. And hopefully, in the morning you'll be able to collect all the dew from the leaves.

Stained
    Participant

You make me laugh

Give me your autograph

Can I ride with you in your BMW ?

You can sail with me in my yellow submarine .

Stained
    Participant

Another one bites the dust

And another one gone, and another one gone

Hey, I'm gonna get you too

Stained
    Participant

LMAO.

Viewing 20 replies - 121 through 140 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.