Korean Harvest Festival

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Chairwoman Zahng Gil-jah delivered the words of encouragement, saying, “Welcome, our family members from abroad. I can guess how difficult it is for you to live in a foreign country, because many Korean people also went abroad to work two or three decades ago. Pick yourselves up though you have difficulties. There’s a Korean old saying about the time of Chuseok (which is Korean harvest festival and also called Hangawi): “No more or less, but just be like Hangawi.” It means that all is abundant at Hangawi. We have prepared songpyon a special rice cake for Chuseok, and other festive food for you. Enjoy the food and be healthy.”

http://weloveuzahnggiljah.blogspot.com/2012/05/intl-we-love-u-foundation-chairwoman.html 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Jesus of Nazareth wrote:

Guys, don't argue with these idiots.  They have an excuse for everything; even books written by their own "god" that indicate the exact opposite of what they supposedly believe and teach.  They are a laughing stock both where you are and abroad.  They are trying to draw us out so that they will have conflicting statements to use against our side.  Just like Ron and Diane. 

I want them to argue back this way I know what they're telling the members.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

You don't have to read the whole thing though I do advise that you do just to be fair. But I bolded the rituals, ceremonies, hopes for blessings, services, and prayers that you said don't take place during Chuseok. There have been plenty of times when I was wrong about something but have accepted my defeat. Chuseok is a pagan festival because of these things. And why are they giving thanks to their ancestors when God is the one who brings the harvest? There so many things about Chuseok that are against the bible, according to what I've learned in the WMSCOG.

what I mean by there are no rituals is that, there are no rituals in the Church for Chuseok.  Except to spend time with Family.  (which is not a ritual)  

Also one thing I want to make clear, is this : Do not call anything impure that I have made clean.  (Acts 10)  We never follow the "rituals" of Chuseok nor do we celebrate it.  But Mother said to go and be with your family.  But do not participate in idolatry.  Been with our family on Chuseok is ok, because Mother said so! so there!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

You don't have to read the whole thing though I do advise that you do just to be fair. But I bolded the rituals, ceremonies, hopes for blessings, services, and prayers that you said don't take place during Chuseok. There have been plenty of times when I was wrong about something but have accepted my defeat. Chuseok is a pagan festival because of these things. And why are they giving thanks to their ancestors when God is the one who brings the harvest? There so many things about Chuseok that are against the bible, according to what I've learned in the WMSCOG.

what I mean by there are no rituals is that, there are no rituals in the Church for Chuseok.  Except to spend time with Family.  (which is not a ritual)  

Also one thing I want to make clear, is this : Do not call anything impure that I have made clean.  (Acts 10)  We never follow the "rituals" of Chuseok nor do we celebrate it.  But Mother said to go and be with your family.  But do not participate in idolatry.  Been with our family on Chuseok is ok, because Mother said so! so there!

Because Mother said so! so there!…… bratty much?? And it doesn't have to be done in the church for it to be pagan. God said not to bow down to ANYTHING. He didn't limit it to "in the church". Chuseok is pagan and God of all things that is and isn't has no business being a part of it. Anytime God was a part of something not related to our salvation He was punishing or preaching. Chairwoman Zahng Gil Jah did not use that opportunity to preach about salvation and she certainly wasn't rebuking the Koreans for thanking dead people for God's deeds.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Bow down to what??? I said there is no rituals performed by our members, no bowing down!  And who the hell thanks dead people, as I said we do not follow the chuseok rituals.  How many times do I have to say that. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Bow down to what??? I said there is no rituals performed by our members, no bowing down!  And who the hell thanks dead people, as I said we do not follow the chuseok rituals.  How many times do I have to say that. 

You are making a lot of sense. But that's NOT what is taught. At least NOT in the US. What Zahng did is against everything we were taught. You must've also missed my post agreeing with 144,000 on a lot of what it said. I also asked if it was Korean because the "rules" there are probably different from the rules here. The rituals performed by the Koreans [collectively] include thanking dead people for the harvest. If I observe a Chuseok celebration, eat their food, watch them dance, laugh, and mingle.. that's not pagan. I AGREE!! But I was taught, as many of us AMERICANS were, that even observing people dance, laughing, eating the food [especially Halloween candy] is DISCOURAGED. If something is discouraged then God shouldn't be doing it.

If divorce is discouraged, then God shouldn't get a divorce. Set the example. If fornication, cursing, lying, etc. is discouraged, then God shouldn't fornicate, curse, lie, etc. because God is the perfect example.

Sarah2013
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

You are making a lot of sense. But that's NOT what is taught. At least NOT in the US. What Zahng did is against everything we were taught. You must've also missed my post agreeing with 144,000 on a lot of what it said. I also asked if it was Korean because the "rules" there are probably different from the rules here. The rituals performed by the Koreans [collectively] include thanking dead people for the harvest. If I observe a Chuseok celebration, eat their food, watch them dance, laugh, and mingle.. that's not pagan. I AGREE!! But I was taught, as many of us AMERICANS were, that even observing people dance, laughing, eating the food [especially Halloween candy] is DISCOURAGED. If something is discouraged then God shouldn't be doing it.

If divorce is discouraged, then God shouldn't get a divorce. Set the example. If fornication, cursing, lying, etc. is discouraged, then God shouldn't fornicate, curse, lie, etc. because God is the perfect example.

Word. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

FTOS.. I have a serious question. Why do Korean people bow to each other? And for what reason would a Korean go all the way to the ground to bow?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Your right it is, but it's okay to eat food that is not sacrificed to the ancestors, also no one in korea dances on chuseok anymore.  its just spent at home.  Also the pastors only put so many "discouragement" upon you to try to keep you in line.  But that doesn't mean its what the church as a whole does to a degree.   To you they could have said "don't eat anything"  but to a lesser degree the church really says "as long as it's not sacrificed or used in a ritual you can eat it"  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Show of respect.  Bowing is like a hand shake.  Same thing.  Also it is sign of being "higher"??  like for instance if some one is older you show respect and bow.  You teacher or someone who is above you, then you bow.  Bowing on the ground is not worshiping.  It just means I respect you a lot!   A show that the person you are bowing to is regard in very high regard.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Your right it is, but it's okay to eat food that is not sacrificed to the ancestors, also no one in korea dances on chuseok anymore.  its just spent at home.  Also the pastors only put so many "discouragement" upon you to try to keep you in line.  But that doesn't mean its what the church as a whole does to a degree.   To you they could have said "don't eat anything"  but to a lesser degree the church really says "as long as it's not sacrificed or used in a ritual you can eat it"  

I'm glad we have truly come to an agreement on something. I think this is the first subject we can agree. I hope you also read my post where I said I, personally, believe Zahng didn't celebrate Chuseok to the extinct of actual celebration. And I only say that because of the evidence I have. I can't fully say she didn't but I believe she didn't. And I know each Zion is run according to "the pastor's faith".. So, the rules will be different. But this was something that I saw in common amongst the 4 Zions I've attended.

Also, please answer my question about bowing. As far as I see it, bowing is a violation of the Scripture.

Sarah2013
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

FTOS.. I have a serious question. Why do Korean people bow to each other? And for what reason would a Korean go all the way to the ground to bow?

I am with you, Renita. I do know other countries that customarily bow down to each other, aside from Korea, when they greet – literally. I have often found that most of those countries' ancestors were idol worshippers. Africa, being one. I can't say it's of any relevance to the issue in question, but I just thought about that. In other words, the bowing. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Nevermind about the Scripture. I've re-read many different verses and see a pattern that doesn't coincide with bowing to each other.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

I am with you, Renita. I do know other countries that customarily bow down to each other, aside from Korea, when they greet – literally. I have often found that most of those countries' ancestors were idol worshippers. Africa, being one. I can't say it's of any relevance to the issue in question, but I just thought about that. In other words, the bowing. 

Well, I asked because Zahng taught the members how to bow even low to the ground. I was under the impression that you can't bow to anything but the bible says not to bow to idols or other gods. So, I guess bowing as a greeting isn't against the bible. Even the fathers of faith have bowed out of respect.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I have a question that's open for anyone to answer.. If Chairwoman Zahng Gil Jah were to be "revealed" as God the Mother on the official website or in an article or something, would that jeopardize the We Love You Foundations "label"? Would it then be called a church rather than a foundation?

Sarah2013
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

I have a question that's open for anyone to answer.. If Chairwoman Zahng Gil Jah were to be "revealed" as God the Mother on the official website or in an article or something, would that jeopardize the We Love You Foundations "label"? Would it then be called a church rather than a foundation?

Hmmm. So does this mean she isn't known as god when it comes to the WLYF? I really don't know much about that foundation. Just too much to keep track of. I'm sure someone else can elaborate. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Hmmm. So does this mean she isn't known as god when it comes to the WLYF? I really don't know much about that foundation. Just too much to keep track of. I'm sure someone else can elaborate. 

That's certainly what it looks like. She's just a Chairwoman, not God.

Sarah2013
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Well, I asked because Zahng taught the members how to bow even low to the ground. I was under the impression that you can't bow to anything but the bible says not to bow to idols or other gods. So, I guess bowing as a greeting isn't against the bible. Even the fathers of faith have bowed out of respect.

I really can't say. I know that the bible says that. perharps in terms of reverence as in deity, it's wrong. I can't say for sure. Maybe Emil, Joshua or someone else can explain. I've been to many countries with such culture (I think America might be exampt to this understanding since it's not their culture to bow) Don't throw stones at me for saying that though. Who knows, sometimes we do things ignorantly only to find out it was against God's will… 

emil
    Participant

The double standards are apparent. It doesn't matter that the korean harvest festival is indeed pagan as long as the wmscog does not worship as the pagans did in their church. Yet there is a different yardstick for christians who genuinely celebrate the birth of Jesus because it is on a day that the wmscog does not like. Just the day makes it pagan.

Sarah2013
    Participant

emil wrote:

The double standards are apparent. It doesn't matter that the korean harvest festival is indeed pagan as long as the wmscog does not worship as the pagans did in their church. Yet there is a different yardstick for christians who genuinely celebrate the birth of Jesus because it is on a day that the wmscog does not like. Just the day makes it pagan.

Funny. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Emil boy, talking to you is like talkiung to a red brick wall.  I say red because I imagine you that way getting all huffy puffy.  Like a big blow fish. Lolz.  Anyhow you really need to stop with the christmas thing, as debating it with you leads no where.  lolz

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.