Korean Harvest Festival

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Chairwoman Zahng Gil-jah delivered the words of encouragement, saying, “Welcome, our family members from abroad. I can guess how difficult it is for you to live in a foreign country, because many Korean people also went abroad to work two or three decades ago. Pick yourselves up though you have difficulties. There’s a Korean old saying about the time of Chuseok (which is Korean harvest festival and also called Hangawi): “No more or less, but just be like Hangawi.” It means that all is abundant at Hangawi. We have prepared songpyon a special rice cake for Chuseok, and other festive food for you. Enjoy the food and be healthy.”

http://weloveuzahnggiljah.blogspot.com/2012/05/intl-we-love-u-foundation-chairwoman.html 

Participant

Because he isn’t autistic and he can understand that when he is talking about himself he can also include subject matter from other people without getting confused.

Probably why he understood the studies and believed them while other people did not. Father and Mother blessed him with open eyes and clarity of mind.

I think I’m starting to see a trend here in the logical belly flops made by this community.

Questioninginla
    Participant

Why are you on the internet?

It is meant for upper management only, for you are not able to make decisions correctly on your own.  Do more obeying and less attempts at thought.

/sarcasm

else someone should spy on you and tattle.  then you in trouble, bro….

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Because he isn't autistic and he can understand that when he is talking about himself he can also include subject matter from other people without getting confused.

Probably why he understood the studies and believed them while other people did not. Father and Mother blessed him with open eyes and clarity of mind.

I think I'm starting to see a trend here in the logical belly flops made by this community.

Don't you mean because I'm not autistic and I can understand that when I'm talking about myself I can also include a subject matter from other people without getting confused.

Probably why I understood the studies and believed them while other people did not. Father and Mother blessed me with open eyes and clarity of mind.

Simon
    Participant

most people on this board believed the bible studies

Simon
    Participant

and autism is hardly relevent to speaking in the wrong person

Participant

I have one autistic friend and one autistic family member, it is closely related to the inability to associate things correctly, learning disabilities, picking up on social cues, and extreme “allways or never” absolutes of logical fallacies. I was there for support with several therapists and a psychologist, discussing that and aspergers.

But if we really want to get into it how about a show of hands, how many members in this forum have autism, a mental illness, manic depression, or a learning disability?

Honest answers now I have a few previous admissions saved and they helped me realize that some people here are victims not antagonists.

Participant

Double post

Love'n Honey
    Participant

144000 wrote:

I have one autistic friend and one autistic family member, it is closely related to the inability to associate things correctly, learning disabilities, picking up on social cues, and extreme "allways or never" absolutes of logical fallacies. I was there for support with several therapists and a psychologist, discussing that and aspergers.

But if we really want to get into it how about a show of hands, how many members in this forum have autism, a mental illness, manic depression, or a learning disability?

Honest answers now I have a few previous admissions saved and they helped me realize that some people here are victims not antagonists.

This question has already been answered in other threads.

Joshua
    Participant

What does this question have to do with worshipping false, man-made gods? Truth is still truth and it can stand on its own. If it can't then you have to accept that it probably isn't the truth. Mental illness is not the same as mental manipulation. Thank you.

Emily
    Participant

144000 wrote:

But, kept properly, you can still enjoy your birthday, and independance day, and memorial day, and veterans day, and mothers day, and fathers day. Because they are not days dedicated to gods, they are days dedicated to honoring actual events and real people in reality.

In addition, they don't involve raising yule-trees or hanging wreaths and mistletoe, so they're kosher.

Emily

There are certain practices which are pagan, merely preparing traditional food is not one of them. No food itself is ever unclean.

Idols, and praying over the food, makes it unlean, who things that the WMSCOG never does.

Question:  So if birthdays, independence day, memorial day, etc are ok, then why does it seem like the wms discourages its members from spending time with their families or away from the wms on those days?  Well it at least seemed that way in the location that I attended.  Let me explain.  So on New Years Eve for example, not a pagan holiday to my knowledge, the wms would have a prayer service at midnight so the members would go there instead of ringing in the New Year with family/spouses/significant others.  On Independence Day and Memorial Day, there were other wms activities scheduled, so the members would attend those and not the barbecues with their families and I've never heard of anyone praying over the barbecued food on these days lol.  Birthdays didn't seem important because you had a new "birthday" which was your baptism date into the wms.  So it seems to me that every holiday or special day was replaced with something else in the wms.  Anyone else on this?  Maybe it was just my location.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emily wrote:

So on New Years Eve for example, not a pagan holiday to my knowledge, the wms would have a prayer service at midnight so the members would go there instead of ringing in the New Year with family/spouses/significant others.

I was told that New Year's has its origin with the god of new beginnings. Something about why the 1st month is named January.

http://www.helium.com/items/789498-understanding-janus-pagan-god-of-january

Participant

Four out of the four zions I have been to didn’t “discourage” family time in such a way to the best of any of my memories.

And even if they did, which they did not, such zions as you describe certainly don’t make extra-curricular worships mandatory.

In addition, whats wrong with spending more time in Zion?

Everyone should be people who desire to go into church more, worship more, and become closer to God.

I find it appaling that other churches aren’t as active, it shows in spades and droves that all their membership just wants to skate by doing the minimum lip service.

Everywhere I go people spend their weekends watching football, playing games, and catching a 10am service on sunday.

We study and learn God all day sabbath saturday and then go preaching sunday.

Which of those two types of people do you think God is more pleased with?

Questioninginla
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Incorrect framing of the issue.

D- for lack of critical thought.

Emily
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Four out of the four zions I have been to didn't "discourage" family time in such a way to the best of any of my memories.

And even if they did, which they did not, such zions as you describe certainly don't make extra-curricular worships mandatory.

In addition, whats wrong with spending more time in Zion?

Everyone should be people who desire to go into church more, worship more, and become closer to God.

I find it appaling that other churches aren't as active, it shows in spades and droves that all their membership just wants to skate by doing the minimum lip service.

Everywhere I go people spend their weekends watching football, playing games, and catching a 10am service on sunday.

We study and learn God all day sabbath saturday and then go preaching sunday.

The reason I say "discourage" is because if I decided not to go to one of these "replacement" activities, then I was made to feel like I was less faithful.  So I felt guilty and I felt pressured to participate.  I mean that is how manipulation works right?  It needs to be subtle, otherwise you would know you are being manipulated and it would be less likely to work if at all.

How does the amount of time that you spend in the church determine how close to God you are?  How do you determine who God is more pleased with?  

What's wrong with watching football on the weekends?  In other posts, members have said that they play golf and participate in other activities with their families.  Do you think that is wrong?  If not, then why do you seem judgemental against those that do?

emil
    Participant

144000 wrote:

Depends whether you are talking about my God or your gods.144000 wrote:

I have one autistic friend and one autistic family member, it is closely related to the inability to associate things correctly, learning disabilities, picking up on social cues, and extreme "allways or never" absolutes of logical fallacies. I was there for support with several therapists and a psychologist, discussing that and aspergers.

Ridiculous attempt to change the subject.

Participant

I did’t feel that way. Is it possible your projecting more stress onto something than was actually there?

Its actually really simple.

Did you ever read a bible passage that said “thus apostle paul sat back with a cold one and watched the roman games”?

The desciples of Christ dedicated almost all of their time to preaching and studying God or teaching God.

They abandoned their families and dedicated their lives to the gospel, they became despised and lost many friends.

This doesn’t mean that spending quality time with family is bad, in fact honoring your family is also a tenet of faith. Also relaxing with some games isn’t bad either, but it shouldn’t be your priority.

So tell me, would you call the apostles of Christ home-wreckers? Would you say they destroyed families?

No, it is credited to them as righteousness. They will be honored for their faith with a reward in heaven.

And so shall we.

emil
    Participant

144000 wrote:

I did't feel that way. Is it possible your projecting more stress onto something than was actually there?

Its actually really simple.

Did you ever read a bible passage that said "thus apostle paul sat back with a cold one and watched the roman games"?

The desciples of Christ dedicated almost all of their time to preaching and studying God or teaching God.

They abandoned their families and dedicated their lives to the gospel, they became despised and lost many friends.

This doesn't mean that spending quality time with family is bad, in fact honoring your family is also a tenet of faith. Also relaxing with some games isn't bad either, but it shouldn't be your priority.

So tell me, would you call the apostles of Christ home-wreckers? Would you say they destroyed families?

No, it is credited to them as righteousness. They will be honored for their faith with a reward in heaven.

And so shall we.

If only you were actually worshiping God. But since you are not……….

Simon
    Participant

They didn’t abandon their families Paul said not to have you even read the bible.

Questioninginla
    Participant

144000 wrote:

in fact honoring your family is also a tenet of faith.

in fact honoring your family is also a tenet of faith; this includes bending the truth and little white lies and other forms of deception and outright lying.

FIXED.

Participant

Questioninginla

Ive never used any lies white or otherwise and Ive never heard any lies white or otherwise. You just love making assumptions about people don’t you?

Simon

Indeed they said not to, but then they went. Or do you suppose his mother was there with him when he was in prison and getting flogged? When he was shiipwrecked how many family members was he with?

Or haven’t you read the bible? As Jesus said to give everything up and follow him so they did.

As Jesus says that unless your family hates you, you cannot be his desciple, so they were.

This is not to say that we do not practice love, but there will inevitably come a point where the ways of the world and the ways of Jesus branch, and you have to decide which one you want to belong to.

We love our families and earnestly try to save them.

And don’t blame me for changing the topic, you guys brought up family issues not me.

Viewing 20 replies - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.