December 25, 2011

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on "The church that celebrates the birth of Christ on December 25 is heretic." – Chief Pastor Joo Choel Kim and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

As I understand it, the Passover is the 14th day of the 1st month of Nisan which falls somewhere between March & April time on our calendar. I’m pretty sure the Passover was held on a Sunday in the WMSCOG at some point in history. But does that mean the COG is celebrating Communion like other churches do on Sunday? Certainly not. Every celebration the COG holds is in accordance with the Jewish calendar, not our own. I was baptized I believe March 27, 2010. But according to the Jewish calendar, I was baptized Nisan 14, 2010. April 5th marked the 2nd anniversary of my baptism. How is this possible? Because I keep track of my baptism in accordance with the Jewish calendar, not our own. April 5th, 2012 & Nisan 14th, 2012 are the same day.

If anyone has studied with a member of the WMSCOG & asked concerning Father’s coming day & December 25th, 2011, the member would gladly show the comparison between the 2 calendars making this point no evidence at all against the COG.

Simon
    Participant

Here is the answer I got about Jesus not keeping the feast he pointed me to verse 10 he went in secret first then half way through he started to teach per verse 14 (still seems contradictory perEmily's post but removes Jesus apparently sinning)

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

I do have another thought about what Emily posted which is how accurate is the translation from Korean to English. Something I cannot determine not knowing Korean.

And a second concern is how can Jesus be sin free if he did not keep the feasts?

Shimon, I looked in my copy of the green book and this is the sentence.  It's in chapter 34 (page 465 in my edition).  I'll give you a break down of it, but you can plug it into translate.google.com to check out the actual words for yourself:

그리고 예수 그리스도께서 위의 말씀을 인증하시기 위하여 초막절 중에 성전에 오르사 날마다 전도하시고 초막절 끝날에 말씀하시기를

그리고 예수 그리스도께서  And Jesus Christ

위의 말씀을 인증하시기 위하여 sure certified the above words

위하여 초막절 중에 성전에 오르사 He ascended to the temple during the Feast of Tabernacles

날마다 전도하시고 preaching every day

초막절 끝날에 말씀하시기를 saying at the end of the Feast of Tabernacles:

Does that help any?

About your second concern, I would say to look at what Jesus did with the Sabbath.  He did not keep the Sabbath like the religious leaders expected Him to do.  They accused Him of breaking the Sabbath.  Perhaps Jesus' idea of what's important about the feasts is different than you think.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

I do have another thought about what Emily posted which is how accurate is the translation from Korean to English. Something I cannot determine not knowing Korean.

And a second concern is how can Jesus be sin free if he did not keep the feasts?

Shimon, I looked in my copy of the green book and this is the sentence.  It's in chapter 34 (page 465 in my edition).  I'll give you a break down of it, but you can plug it into translate.google.com to check out the actual words for yourself:

Does that help any?

About your second concern, I would say to look at what Jesus did with the Sabbath.  He did not keep the Sabbath like the religious leaders expected Him to do.  They accused Him of breaking the Sabbath.  Perhaps Jesus' idea of what's important about the feasts is different than you think.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Here is the answer I got about Jesus not keeping the feast he pointed me to verse 10 he went in secret first then half way through he started to teach per verse 14 (still seems contradictory perEmily's post but removes Jesus apparently sinning)

Let's discuss this. [John 7:10] So, he went in secret meaning he was there. We can presume that he was there the whole time.

genny wrote:

Does that help any?

This portion of the chapter is still inaccurate because John 7:14 says he didn't start teaching until half way through. Correct me kindly if I'm wrong, but to preach is to teach the Scripture. Jesus didn't begin preaching until half way through.

It can be argued that Jesus didn't keep the Sabbath the way the Jews expected him to but still kept the Sabbath. Doing something a different way doesn't mean you didn't do it. Plus he's God. He can do whatever he wants and it still be the "right" way.

But I argue that he never kept the Sabbath because of how Matt 26:18 is worded. He said specifically that he is going to celebrate the PO. Like the argument made months ago, being in the area or in the temple doesn't mean you're celebrating it. In the same way, being in the synagague preaching doesn't mean you're keeping the Sabbath. I've given bible studies to people on Sundays in their homes. Some people have "church" in their homes. I usually scheduled my home studies for Sundays because that was my free-est day. One could say teaching on Sunday was my custom. Does it mean I kept Sunday worship? Absolutely not.

Viewing 4 replies - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.