December 25, 2011

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on "The church that celebrates the birth of Christ on December 25 is heretic." – Chief Pastor Joo Choel Kim and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

As I understand it, the Passover is the 14th day of the 1st month of Nisan which falls somewhere between March & April time on our calendar. I’m pretty sure the Passover was held on a Sunday in the WMSCOG at some point in history. But does that mean the COG is celebrating Communion like other churches do on Sunday? Certainly not. Every celebration the COG holds is in accordance with the Jewish calendar, not our own. I was baptized I believe March 27, 2010. But according to the Jewish calendar, I was baptized Nisan 14, 2010. April 5th marked the 2nd anniversary of my baptism. How is this possible? Because I keep track of my baptism in accordance with the Jewish calendar, not our own. April 5th, 2012 & Nisan 14th, 2012 are the same day.

If anyone has studied with a member of the WMSCOG & asked concerning Father’s coming day & December 25th, 2011, the member would gladly show the comparison between the 2 calendars making this point no evidence at all against the COG.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Leviticus 23:33The Lord said to Moses, 34“Say to the Israelites: ‘On the fifteenth day of the seventh month the Lord’s Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days. 35The first day is a sacred assembly; do no regular work. 36For seven days present offerings made to the Lord by fire, and on the eighth day hold a sacred assembly and present an offering made to the Lord by fire. It is the closing assembly; do no regular work.

The first and eighth days are the days of sacred assembly the entire week is a pilgramage to "the place the LORD your  God will choose" to present sacrifices but the assemblies are the first and lastday.

And even God said the Feast is 7 days long. The question was, "How do we know the half way point to the Feast of Tabernacles?" The answer is to 1st find out how long the Feast is. Lev 23:34 says the Feast is 7 days long. Yes, the 1st & last days are sacred assemblies but that doesn't answer the quesion, "How long is the Feast?" Now that we know how long the Feast is, we can calculate the half way point.

That's as plain as I can get. I'm not debating this anymore.

But I do have a question for the Jewish people… Where does this 8th day come from if the Feast is 7 days?

Simon
    Participant

The Hebrew never contains the word Feast it uses the word pilgrimage and the word covocation.

Simon
    Participant

The Hebrew never contains the word Feast it uses the word pilgrimage and the word covocation.

genny
    Participant

Yes, the word "chag" as in "Feast of Booths" means "a festival gathering, feast, pilgim feast."

That is the word referenced when it says that it lasts 7 days.

The first and eighth days it calls "miqra" which means "a convokation, sacred assembly, or reading."

John 7:14 does not use a word for assembly or convokation, which might indicate He went halfway through the first day.

It uses the word for feast, which would indicate the He went halfway through the full feast.

I think you are grasping at straws for this one, shimon.

genny
    Participant

Yes, the word "chag" as in "Feast of Booths" means "a festival gathering, feast, pilgim feast."

The first and eighth days it calls "miqra" which means "a convokation, sacred assembly, or reading."

John 7:14 does not use a word for assembly or convokation, which might indicate He went halfway through the first day.

It uses the word for feast, which would indicate the He went halfway through the full feast.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

nope I am not grasping at straws I am making the point we cannot compare the words without seeing how the greek would use the words which would take using the septuagent which personally I do not know where we can get an OT septuagent concordance.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

nope I am not grasping at straws I am making the point we cannot compare the words without seeing how the greek would use the words which would take using the septuagent which personally I do not know where we can get an OT septuagent concordance.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

studylight.org and interlinearbible.org are both good resources for interlinear Bibles showing both languages and clickable words for dictionaries.

I just checked.  The Greek word used for feast in Lev. 23:34 is the same word used for feast in John 7:14, "heorte."

The word for 'convocation' as in holy convocation in Lev. 23:35-36, in Greek was "kletos" which means "called, invited" as an adjective.  With which the phrase would translate literally to something like, "a day of  holy calling or invitation." (something like that)

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

studylight.org and interlinearbible.org are both good resources for interlinear Bibles showing both languages and clickable words for dictionaries.

I just checked.  The Greek word used for feast in Lev. 23:34 is the same word used for feast in John 7:14, "heorte."

The word for 'convocation' as in holy convocation in Lev. 23:35-36, in Greek was "kletos" which means "called, invited" as an adjective.  With which the phrase would translate literally to something like, "a day of  holy calling or invitation." (something like that)

Simon
    Participant

Cool thanks, that does definitly pose a question. 

Simon
    Participant

Cool thanks, that does definitly pose a question. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

That does definitely explain "half way through the Feast". Now I'm going to read back to see how we got on this subject.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

That does definitely explain "half way through the Feast". Now I'm going to read back to see how we got on this subject.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

This came from Emily's post about the Green Book. It's written that Jesus taught everyday of the Feast but the Scripture says He didn't go to the Feast until half way. I still haven't read it. I will write it down on my check list to read about it before I close for the day. But, teaching can be done anywhere. It doesn't have to be done at the Feast. But I will read what He wrote to know exactly what wording was used.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

This came from Emily's post about the Green Book. It's written that Jesus taught everyday of the Feast but the Scripture says He didn't go to the Feast until half way. I still haven't read it. I will write it down on my check list to read about it before I close for the day. But, teaching can be done anywhere. It doesn't have to be done at the Feast. But I will read what He wrote to know exactly what wording was used.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

I do have another thought about what Emily posted which is how accurate is the translation from Korean to English. Something I cannot determine not knowing Korean.

And a second concern is how can Jesus be sin free if he did not keep the feasts?

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

I do have another thought about what Emily posted which is how accurate is the translation from Korean to English. Something I cannot determine not knowing Korean.

And a second concern is how can Jesus be sin free if he did not keep the feasts?

Simon
    Participant

Regarding the second point I asked in facebook scripture group I am in "Scripture debate and Discussion

Simon
    Participant

Regarding the second point I asked in facebook scripture group I am in "Scripture debate and Discussion

Simon
    Participant

Here is the answer I got about Jesus not keeping the feast he pointed me to verse 10 he went in secret first then half way through he started to teach per verse 14 (still seems contradictory perEmily's post but removes Jesus apparently sinning)

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.