December 25, 2011

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on "The church that celebrates the birth of Christ on December 25 is heretic." – Chief Pastor Joo Choel Kim and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

As I understand it, the Passover is the 14th day of the 1st month of Nisan which falls somewhere between March & April time on our calendar. I’m pretty sure the Passover was held on a Sunday in the WMSCOG at some point in history. But does that mean the COG is celebrating Communion like other churches do on Sunday? Certainly not. Every celebration the COG holds is in accordance with the Jewish calendar, not our own. I was baptized I believe March 27, 2010. But according to the Jewish calendar, I was baptized Nisan 14, 2010. April 5th marked the 2nd anniversary of my baptism. How is this possible? Because I keep track of my baptism in accordance with the Jewish calendar, not our own. April 5th, 2012 & Nisan 14th, 2012 are the same day.

If anyone has studied with a member of the WMSCOG & asked concerning Father’s coming day & December 25th, 2011, the member would gladly show the comparison between the 2 calendars making this point no evidence at all against the COG.

Emily
    Participant

Also, Ahnsahnghong wrote the following in what we call the green book:

Jesus Christ went up to the temple and <strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">preached every day during the Feast of Tabernacles,… -p. 465

This directly opposes what is written in the Bible.  Here is the verse again John 7:14:

14 Not until halfway through the festival did Jesus go up to the temple courts and begin to teach. 

Why would Ahnsahnhong's account differ from the Bible if you believe that he and Jesus are the same person?  Why would the same person tell two different versions of the story?

Emily
    Participant

Jesus Christ went up to the temple and <strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">preached every day during the Feast of Tabernacles,… -p. 465

This directly opposes what is written in the Bible.  Here is the verse again John 7:14:

14 Not until halfway through the festival did Jesus go up to the temple courts and begin to teach. 

Why would Ahnsahnhong's account differ from the Bible if you believe that he and Jesus are the same person?  Why would the same person tell two different versions of the story?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Interesting.. I don't know what I did with my Green Book. I think I left it in my rack & I don't feel like going to get it right now.

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

Depends on if it means Half way through the first day or half way through the week.

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

Depends on if it means Half way through the first day or half way through the week.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Really shimon?? Come on now… How long is the Feast of Tabernacles? Now mark the half way point. The festival is the Feast. That's where festival comes from, the word feast.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Really shimon?? Come on now… How long is the Feast of Tabernacles? Now mark the half way point. The festival is the Feast. That's where festival comes from, the word feast.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Emily wrote:

It says, "not until halfway through the festival."  If the festival is a week, then that would mean halfway through the week.

The olympics are a little more than two weeks long.  If I told you, "I went to London, but not until halfway through the olympics."  Would you think I meant I arrived during the first day, or about a week into it?

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Emily wrote:

It says, "not until halfway through the festival."  If the festival is a week, then that would mean halfway through the week.

The olympics are a little more than two weeks long.  If I told you, "I went to London, but not until halfway through the olympics."  Would you think I meant I arrived during the first day, or about a week into it?

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

The first and seventh days are feasts within the feast of tabernacles

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Incorrect. english.watv.org explains that the Feast of Tabernacles is from the 15th day to the 22nd day of the 7th month. It doesn't say the Feast is the 15th & the 22nd day. Idk why the COG says the 1st & last day are Feast Days but the whole Feast of Tabernacles is a week long.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Incorrect. english.watv.org explains that the Feast of Tabernacles is from the 15th day to the 22nd day of the 7th month. It doesn't say the Feast is the 15th & the 22nd day. Idk why the COG says the 1st & last day are Feast Days but the whole Feast of Tabernacles is a week long.

Simon
    Participant

Actually they are both correct statements

Simon
    Participant

Actually they are both correct statements

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Actually, they are not. the "&" discludes* 5 days out the Feast. The Feast can't be both 7 & 2 days long. It's 1 Feast. If there are 2 Feast of Tabernacles then possibly both statements are true. But there's only 1 Feast of Tabernacles 7 days long.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Actually, they are not. the "&" discludes* 5 days out the Feast. The Feast can't be both 7 & 2 days long. It's 1 Feast. If there are 2 Feast of Tabernacles then possibly both statements are true. But there's only 1 Feast of Tabernacles 7 days long.

Simon
    Participant

Leviticus 23:33The Lord said to Moses, 34“Say to the Israelites: ‘On the fifteenth day of the seventh month the Lord’s Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days. 35The first day is a sacred assembly; do no regular work. 36For seven days present offerings made to the Lord by fire, and on the eighth day hold a sacred assembly and present an offering made to the Lord by fire. It is the closing assembly; do no regular work.

The first and eighth days are the days of sacred assembly the entire week is a pilgramage to "the place the LORD your  God will choose" to present sacrifices but the assemblies are the first and lastday.

Simon
    Participant

Leviticus 23:33The Lord said to Moses, 34“Say to the Israelites: ‘On the fifteenth day of the seventh month the Lord’s Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days. 35The first day is a sacred assembly; do no regular work. 36For seven days present offerings made to the Lord by fire, and on the eighth day hold a sacred assembly and present an offering made to the Lord by fire. It is the closing assembly; do no regular work.

The first and eighth days are the days of sacred assembly the entire week is a pilgramage to "the place the LORD your  God will choose" to present sacrifices but the assemblies are the first and lastday.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon wrote:

And even God said the Feast is 7 days long. The question was, "How do we know the half way point to the Feast of Tabernacles?" The answer is to 1st find out how long the Feast is. Lev 23:34 says the Feast is 7 days long. Yes, the 1st & last days are sacred assemblies but that doesn't answer the quesion, "How long is the Feast?" Now that we know how long the Feast is, we can calculate the half way point.

That's as plain as I can get. I'm not debating this anymore.

But I do have a question for the Jewish people… Where does this 8th day come from if the Feast is 7 days?

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.