Water & Spirit

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Jesus said ye must be born of water and Spirit. What did He mean water and Spirit?

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man

be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of

God.

Sarah2013
    Participant

He meant that we go swimming in our spiritual bodies. Jk.

Questioninginla
    Participant

Are these more words with dual meaning?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Who was the question for, Questioningla?

KF
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

He meant that we go swimming in our spiritual bodies. Jk.

Sarah, be serious now, we should not joke around with the Lord's word.

Questioninla, I don't know what this means that is why I am asking, I want to know what Jesus meant with this.

He says if we are not born of water & spirit we can not enter the Kingdom of God.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Water is from baptism and you receive the HS during/after baptism. That's why there are 'born again' Christians.

KF
    Participant

Thank you Rentia, now I'm clear on that……. so that would mean if we are baptized then we can enter the Kingdom of God? ( along with other requirements?) and if we're not then Yikes!! don't want to even think about it…. Also  Does it matter by who or how you get baptized?

Questioninginla
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Anyone.  I was wondering if these  are words with dual meaning, like fragrance for example.

What about the process of baptism?  Is phobia used to promote it?  ie, if you got hit by a car, you'd go to hell, new recruit?

Sarah2013
    Participant

I’m glad you felt that way about my comment on baptism, KF. My point to that comment was accomplished.. See how that made you feel? That’s exactly what is being done with the bible at Wmscog. Which is why I don’t take things they say lightly.

MountainMom
    Participant

No phobia was used for me.  It was just done the very first time I ever went there.  I didn't know what it was about.  Afterwards, though, I understand that they say it is one of the most important things you can do.  I think it was just done so that they could send my name as a new member to South Korea, so they can show progress in their recruitment.  Not real progress, as I didn't know I was being baptized in a non-christian church (as I believe they are), but progress they can show Joo Cheoul Kim and the "mother," who obviously don't know the difference.  That is my opinion, of course.  They do like to say they are the fastest growing religion around, and I think they use these contrived methods to verify it.  I think I was used.  Now I also see from Renita's post, that my relative probably used me to gain "points" for his Elohim Academy rise.  From what Renita said, it is possible he got 50 points for me. 

KF
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

I'm glad you felt that way about my comment on baptism, KF. My point to that comment was accomplished.. See how that made you feel? That's exactly what is being done with the bible at Wmscog. Which is why I don't take things they say lightly.

Sarah, let me start by saying, I am not a WMS member, what I know about them is through the studies I've had with a friend of mines who is a member and from what I have seen here.

as  I was  reading what you wrote I was like What the hec, is she for real, then i saw the JK, put still felt the need to say what I felt.

my comment towards yours is just out of respect to the Lord & his words, I was raised up that way, nothing against you but why would you choose to joke like that with God's words  when there are so many other things in this world you can joke about.

genny
    Participant

You could think of it as water baptism, but the context of John 3:5 leads me to believe Jesus was talking about physical birth and spiritual rebirth.  He's talking to Nicodemus about being born again (spiritual rebirth) and Nicodemus doesn't understand because you cannot be physically reborn, and then Jesus makes that statement about being born of water and the Spirit, and He follows it with "Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."  I think He was emphasizing that not only are you born from your mother (of water, very liquid-y process), but you need to be born again (of the spirit, made new inside).

John 3:3-6

Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

"How can someone be born when they are old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!"

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."

Love'n Honey
    Participant

KF wrote:

Thank you Rentia, now I'm clear on that……. so that would mean if we are baptized then we can enter the Kingdom of God? ( along with other requirements?) and if we're not then Yikes!! don't want to even think about it…. Also  Does it matter by who or how you get baptized?

To be honest, I have no idea what is an absolute requirement to enter heaven. I mean, we can have our own opinion but the bible doesn't say, or at least I haven't read, 'if you don't do this one particular thing, you can do everything else but it won't matter because you didn't do this one particular thing.' The bible says there are many things for us to do but the bible also says we are imperfect which means we won't, no matter how hard we try, accomplish everything. Could you not be baptized or even be baptized by the 'wrong' person the 'wrong' way and still go to heaven? Personally, I would say no. But the bible doesn't say that specifically.

With my opinion about baptism being a requirement, I definitely believe there's a right way for it to be done. And if there's a right way then there must be the right person or kind of person. Would you be baptized by a satanist? Probably not. Would a satanist offer you a baptism? Lol, probably not but you get my point, right?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

Anyone.  I was wondering if these  are words with dual meaning, like fragrance for example.

What about the process of baptism?  Is phobia used to promote it?  ie, if you got hit by a car, you'd go to hell, new recruit?

That is the technique I experienced with everything. Baptism, Sabbath, veil, 3rd Day, preaching……. You name the 'command' they practically said, 'if you don't do it then you can't garrauntee you place in heaven.' I've said it to others too.

Sarah2013
    Participant

KF, you are reprimanding me for no real wrong done here. I told you the reason behind my comment. God’s word has been made a mockery of, and I am defending it 100% I made a comment which you felt was not appropriate. I explained why ,and yet, you still feel the need to keep at it. I am fully aware you are not a Wmscog member. I know this because I have interacted with you. I had a point to my comment and I expressed it, so don’t know what else you expect me to explain.

Feel free to crosscheck all my comments on this site. I have been very consistent.

KF
    Participant

Sarah, je ne viens pas ici pour te réprime desole pour ce malentendu, c'est de l'eau sous le pont de ma part

Paix, Dieu vous benisse!

amis??

KF
    Participant

genny wrote:

You could think of it as water baptism, but the context of John 3:5 leads me to believe Jesus was talking about physical birth and spiritual rebirth.  He's talking to Nicodemus about being born again (spiritual rebirth) and Nicodemus doesn't understand because you cannot be physically reborn, and then Jesus makes that statement about being born of water and the Spirit, and He follows it with "Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."  I think He was emphasizing that not only are you born from your mother (of water, very liquid-y process), but you need to be born again (of the spirit, made new inside).

John 3:3-6

Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

"How can someone be born when they are old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!"

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."

Hi, Genny thanks so much for the detailed clarification, I appreciate it. 🙂  Your the Greatest!

Renita, thank you for your response, I think I'm good now and what is water baptisim, awesome!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

no problem

Sarah2013
    Participant

@KF: Je comprends. je ne vais pas continuer à en parler. vous avez raison, c’est fini. Merci et oui, les amis.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Misch te fur plitch gnut yuin.

Sarah2013
    Participant

What’s that?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.