Veil…..

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

So what happens to the veil now? At least for the ladies. Do I trash it, burn it or flush it? Or bury it?

emil
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

I doubt the length of hair matters. I look at it this way, the day I see a real angel with a bald head or one with hair then I'll draw my conclusions.

I'm sure the length of hair doesn't matter. My point is that if the verses from 1 Cor 11 are used to impose wearing of veils by women, length of hair also must be imposed on the basis of the same passage.

emil
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

I doubt the length of hair matters. I look at it this way, the day I see a real angel with a bald head or one with hair then I'll draw my conclusions.

I'm sure the length of hair doesn't matter. My point is that if the verses from 1 Cor 11 are used to impose wearing of veils by women, length of hair also must be imposed on the basis of the same passage.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Ok. I get your point now, Emil.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Ok. I get your point now, Emil.

Simon
    Participant

Except that does not answer my question at all

Simon
    Participant

Except that does not answer my question at all

emil
    Participant

@Simon – Not sure exactly what your question means. I answered as I understood. 1 Cor 11:14-15 implies that it is the norm (it is in the very nature of things) for man to have short hair and woman to have long hair.

What meaning do those verses convey to you?

emil
    Participant

@Simon – Not sure exactly what your question means. I answered as I understood. 1 Cor 11:14-15 implies that it is the norm (it is in the very nature of things) for man to have short hair and woman to have long hair.

What meaning do those verses convey to you?

Simon
    Participant

I asked where short and long were defined

emil
    Participant

I don't know what exactly you are trying to prove. Originally, you did not ask where it was defined. You asked me to define it. So I did from my perspective and also mentioned that my definition was irrelevant to the bible quote. After that you switched to Paul's definition. Since Paul did not define it in his writings that I have read, you'll just have to wait till you meet him and ask him yourself.

What I have informed you is that Paul did say that a man's hair should not be long while a woman should have long hair so he did have a different standard for the hair length for men and women. If you don't like it, you can tell him so yourself.

Simon
    Participant

You clearly are not reading what I asked… I did NOT ask where he stated he had a different standard I asked where he define long and short differently

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

define long and sort

That's when you asked me to define. I gave you my definition. Then this.

Simon wrote:

where does paul say the definition changes with sex?

To which I quoted 1 Cor 11:14-15 in which Paul mentions the NORM with regard to hair for male and female.

I don't recollect saying that Paul had a different definition. I said he had different norms. Despite that, you keep asking where Paul says the definition changes with sex. You are asking me to prove something I didn't say and you keep ignoring the proof for what I did say. 

Harry
    Participant

emil wrote:

Simon wrote:

define long and sort

That's when you asked me to define. I gave you my definition. Then this.

Simon wrote:

where does paul say the definition changes with sex?

To which I quoted 1 Cor 11:14-15 in which Paul mentions the NORM with regard to hair for male and female.

I don't recollect saying that Paul had a different definition. I said he had different norms. Despite that, you keep asking where Paul says the definition changes with sex. You are asking me to prove something I didn't say and you keep ignoring the proof for what I did say. 

Um pardon me for interupting but this is starting to sound like a conversation my Dad had with my older brother back in 1968. The thought of 2 of our most knowledgable "top guns" arguing over the length of hair is a little disconcerting. Would you boys mind calling it a draw and getting back to work pleeeeez before the All Knowing One reads this 

emil
    Participant

Sorry! I had no intention to let this debate grow longer than the length of anyone's hair. ๐Ÿ™‚

anosunny89
    Participant

I think in this regard,

As Emil said, we should follow the Holy Spirit inside us.

Thank you Emil. ๐Ÿ™‚

emil
    Participant

Hello anosunny89. Welcome to this forum.

Would appreciate if you can introduce yourself with a bit of sharing. However, if you do not want to do that for any reason, we perfectly understand.

anosunny89
    Participant

Hi emil. Thank you for reply. ๐Ÿ™‚

My name is sunny. Nice to meet you.

One of my friend is the member of WMSCOG, she preached to me these day.

I have studied with them once. They taught me about God the Mother.

Their teachings are awkward little bit. Quite strange. lol.

Actually, I belong to the Catholic church.

But I always check before making decision.

I googled the WMSCOG and finally visit here.

Here are so many informations about WMSCOG, now I got to know who they are. lol.

However, my friends are really fall in love with that church.

I don’t know how to tell her.

If you have some experience please tell me.

And also could you also tell me your story?

Thanks you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 17 replies - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.