Veil…..

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

So what happens to the veil now? At least for the ladies. Do I trash it, burn it or flush it? Or bury it?

Simon
    Participant

define long and sort

Simon
    Participant

define long and sort

Sarah2013
    Participant

Long or short is irrelevant these people are milking us in various ways. I want all my money back. What ever happened to FTOS and the rest? Where did they exile to?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Long or short is irrelevant these people are milking us in various ways. I want all my money back. What ever happened to FTOS and the rest? Where did they exile to?

emil
    Participant

Generally in the orient, short hair is less than shoulder length while long is beyond shoulder length. In my country, even below shoulder length wouldn't be called long. Long would extend at least to the waist.

Point is what length was considered the norm in Paul's time and place. And consequently, if one takes Paul's direction about veils as a command, then one must also accept his reasoning about women growing their hair long.

emil
    Participant

Generally in the orient, short hair is less than shoulder length while long is beyond shoulder length. In my country, even below shoulder length wouldn't be called long. Long would extend at least to the waist.

Point is what length was considered the norm in Paul's time and place. And consequently, if one takes Paul's direction about veils as a command, then one must also accept his reasoning about women growing their hair long.

Simon
    Participant

I was rebuked for having long hair which was probably about the length of zhang’s

Simon
    Participant

I was rebuked for having long hair which was probably about the length of zhang’s

emil
    Participant

Oh my last post was about female hair length. The definitions for short and long for males would be different.

emil
    Participant

Oh my last post was about female hair length. The definitions for short and long for males would be different.

Simon
    Participant

how bizarre lol

Simon
    Participant

how bizarre lol

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

how bizarre lol

Then you would find Paul's epistles bizzare too.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

how bizarre lol

Then you would find Paul's epistles bizzare too.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I doubt the length of hair matters. I look at it this way, the day I see a real angel with a bald head or one with hair then I’ll draw my conclusions.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I doubt the length of hair matters. I look at it this way, the day I see a real angel with a bald head or one with hair then I’ll draw my conclusions.

Simon
    Participant

where does paul say the definition changes with sex?

Simon
    Participant

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

1 Cor 11:14-15a – 

14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?

Paul says that it is the norm for a man to have short hair and a woman to have long hair.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

1 Cor 11:14-15a – 

14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?

Paul says that it is the norm for a man to have short hair and a woman to have long hair.

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.