PIctures of Ahnsahnghong and his wife

Sarah2013
    Participant

I believe they do have a male gender, but what do I know.

Smurf
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

I was under the impression that angels didn't have a gender. And Eve was created to reproduce. This is where my current mindset of the role of a woman in a relationship is rooted. My job is to make babies, not to make money. When I get married, I'm not working. =)

Popular misconception. Eve was created before the fall, so her purpose could not have been reproduction. Eternal beings don't reproduce.

renita.payno wrote:

Question about Sacha and demons in general.. They come and go as they please? I always thought [without biblical proof] that once you were possessed, the only way a demon would leave is if someone banished it.

Demons are lower creatures than humans, God gave us the authority over them. They can only posess you if YOU give them the authority, and cannot be banished if the person who is posessed doesn't want them to be banished.

Smurf
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

I was under the impression that angels didn't have a gender. And Eve was created to reproduce. This is where my current mindset of the role of a woman in a relationship is rooted. My job is to make babies, not to make money. When I get married, I'm not working. =)

Popular misconception. Eve was created before the fall, so her purpose could not have been reproduction. Eternal beings don't reproduce.

renita.payno wrote:

Question about Sacha and demons in general.. They come and go as they please? I always thought [without biblical proof] that once you were possessed, the only way a demon would leave is if someone banished it.

Demons are lower creatures than humans, God gave us the authority over them. They can only posess you if YOU give them the authority, and cannot be banished if the person who is posessed doesn't want them to be banished.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What does be fruitful mean in Gen 1:22?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What does be fruitful mean in Gen 1:22?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What does driving out spirits mean in Matt 8:16

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What does driving out spirits mean in Matt 8:16

Sarah2013
    Participant

I agree 100 percent on that final sentence, Smurf.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I agree 100 percent on that final sentence, Smurf.

Sarah2013
    Participant

They wanted it out. If “thou wilt” appear to be the key.

Sarah2013
    Participant

They wanted it out. If “thou wilt” appear to be the key.

Jubilee
    Participant

Emily wrote:

I was thinking about what I was told about Ahn's life when I was a member and I'm wondering…

According to what I was told, Ahn didn't have enough food to eat sometimes, worked as a stone breaker, spent all of his time "preaching the gospel" and writing the "books of truth".  So how did he have time for a wife and 4 children?  Some of his children were born after he was baptized in 1948, so they can't say that he gave up his "physical" life after he was baptized.  Ahn obviously didn't abandon his wife when he was baptized because he continued to have children.  If Ahn is supposed to be an example of how his followers are supposed to live, then why is it ok for members to abandon their families and not have children?  

When the WMS described him to me, they made him out to be quite the martyr, never doing anything to enjoy the earthly life.  Yet Ahn had sex with his wife (who was really his child if you believe he's "god" but that's beside the point).  To claim that he didn't enjoy it would be pretty ridiculous.  He also had time to take "wedding" photos with another woman.  This supposed marriage is adultery according to the Bible whether spiritual or otherwise.  Ahn never even divorced his "physical" wife so he couldn't legally marry zhang.  So is this "spiritual" marriage the next best thing to justify the adulery?

There are also pictures of him swimming around with his shirt off.  I've heard excuses like "he was baptizing members" or "he was bathing in the river".  Who baptizes with their shirt off?!  When was the last time that you took a floating tube to a baptism?  Who takes pictures of someone taking a bath?!  Especially someone you believe is "god" lol.  Male members in the wms are always wearing a suit and tie even in the summer heat and I didn't ever hear the members talking about going to the beach or going swimming anywhere.  The pictures that are available online of Ahn show him pretty well dressed.  But the wms made it seem like he was really poor.  I would imagine that suits and ties were pretty expensive in S. Korea in the 50's and 60's so I wonder how he was able to afford them.  His family looks pretty well dressed as well I might add.

Now that I no longer believe that Ahn was anything but a man and a sinner like the rest of us, knowing that he lead a seemingly normal life (married with children, well dressed, having fun swimming, birthday cake and all), isn't such a shock.  I see pictures of him preaching and conducting services, but he also lead what the wms would call a "worldly" life.  The problem for me is that the way the wms painted his life and what I see evidenced in the pictures is very different.  

So this begs the question…why would the wms portray a story that isn't true?  Or at best a gross misrepresentation of the facts?  What do you guys think?

YAHOO!!! to you Emily!!!!  Very well said!!!  These are the things I am always saying to people to move them to get out now!!!

The answer to your question. To protray a story that isn't true, why would someone do this?  They are called "con artist" like "oceans eleven"  why did they do it?    IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Every member is a $ sign to them.  This is why in the first court case for this site there is not one, I say not one word of them loosing souls to the defamation of charactor,  but it is all about the revenue and the economic state of the church.   money makes the world go round.

If the moonies could do why shouldn't  they??  come to america take all of our money back to your country, then we wonder why we are broke??!

Jubilee
    Participant

Emily wrote:

I was thinking about what I was told about Ahn's life when I was a member and I'm wondering…

According to what I was told, Ahn didn't have enough food to eat sometimes, worked as a stone breaker, spent all of his time "preaching the gospel" and writing the "books of truth".  So how did he have time for a wife and 4 children?  Some of his children were born after he was baptized in 1948, so they can't say that he gave up his "physical" life after he was baptized.  Ahn obviously didn't abandon his wife when he was baptized because he continued to have children.  If Ahn is supposed to be an example of how his followers are supposed to live, then why is it ok for members to abandon their families and not have children?  

When the WMS described him to me, they made him out to be quite the martyr, never doing anything to enjoy the earthly life.  Yet Ahn had sex with his wife (who was really his child if you believe he's "god" but that's beside the point).  To claim that he didn't enjoy it would be pretty ridiculous.  He also had time to take "wedding" photos with another woman.  This supposed marriage is adultery according to the Bible whether spiritual or otherwise.  Ahn never even divorced his "physical" wife so he couldn't legally marry zhang.  So is this "spiritual" marriage the next best thing to justify the adulery?

There are also pictures of him swimming around with his shirt off.  I've heard excuses like "he was baptizing members" or "he was bathing in the river".  Who baptizes with their shirt off?!  When was the last time that you took a floating tube to a baptism?  Who takes pictures of someone taking a bath?!  Especially someone you believe is "god" lol.  Male members in the wms are always wearing a suit and tie even in the summer heat and I didn't ever hear the members talking about going to the beach or going swimming anywhere.  The pictures that are available online of Ahn show him pretty well dressed.  But the wms made it seem like he was really poor.  I would imagine that suits and ties were pretty expensive in S. Korea in the 50's and 60's so I wonder how he was able to afford them.  His family looks pretty well dressed as well I might add.

Now that I no longer believe that Ahn was anything but a man and a sinner like the rest of us, knowing that he lead a seemingly normal life (married with children, well dressed, having fun swimming, birthday cake and all), isn't such a shock.  I see pictures of him preaching and conducting services, but he also lead what the wms would call a "worldly" life.  The problem for me is that the way the wms painted his life and what I see evidenced in the pictures is very different.  

So this begs the question…why would the wms portray a story that isn't true?  Or at best a gross misrepresentation of the facts?  What do you guys think?

YAHOO!!! to you Emily!!!!  Very well said!!!  These are the things I am always saying to people to move them to get out now!!!

The answer to your question. To protray a story that isn't true, why would someone do this?  They are called "con artist" like "oceans eleven"  why did they do it?    IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Every member is a $ sign to them.  This is why in the first court case for this site there is not one, I say not one word of them loosing souls to the defamation of charactor,  but it is all about the revenue and the economic state of the church.   money makes the world go round.

If the moonies could do why shouldn't  they??  come to america take all of our money back to your country, then we wonder why we are broke??!

Jubilee
    Participant

Did anyone ever realize that Eve never recieved the "breath of life"  Adam did, but not Eve, why?   Her name means life, but no breath??!!  Something to think about?

Jubilee
    Participant

Did anyone ever realize that Eve never recieved the "breath of life"  Adam did, but not Eve, why?   Her name means life, but no breath??!!  Something to think about?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Exactly!!!! Someone who sees what I see. That’s JUST IT! Mo Money, Mo money, Mo money! How ghetto (no reference to anything) or bush can I say it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Exactly!!!! Someone who sees what I see. That’s JUST IT! Mo Money, Mo money, Mo money! How ghetto (no reference to anything) or bush can I say it.

Smurf
    Participant

She didn't have to. She received it by proxy. Eve was created from Adam, who received it. Technically she's a part of him. They are one.

Smurf
    Participant

She didn't have to. She received it by proxy. Eve was created from Adam, who received it. Technically she's a part of him. They are one.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Explain, explain…. Please 🙁

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.