PIctures of Ahnsahnghong and his wife

donttrustzang
    Participant

shimon wrote:

I am saying I do not know if it is a wedding photo.

good point. technically its not, because now i guess ahn and her werent legally married… can anyone comfirm this??

they use that whole red and blue candle excuse to say he hinted at it…. idk im gettin more and more confused

genny
    Participant

What do you mean by the "red and blue candle"?

donttrustzang
    Participant

in korea, red and blue candles are used in weddings (according to WMSCOG), so in the pic of ash and zang they too have red and blue candles.

idk..

Simon
    Participant

Passover kept in a wedding hall, what candles will be availible? Wedding Candles.  Couldn't he have used them for another purpose than the fact they were wedding candles. 

donttrustzang
    Participant

haha good point, but then again why a wedding hall??? 

admin
    Keymaster

donttrustzang wrote:

haha good point, but then again why a wedding hall??? 

it looks more like a church photo than a wedding photo.  who takes a single wedding photo anyway?  the idea that he hinted at a marriage is even more far-fetched.  so did it happen or didn't it?

at any rate, according to Ahn's son, his father never married Zahng, and it's not in their official family records.  according to Ahn's son, his father never believed in a "mother god" either.  (according to Ahn's own writings, neither did he).

Simon
    Participant

Wedding halls fit a lot of people.

Emily
    Participant

I was thinking about what I was told about Ahn's life when I was a member and I'm wondering…

According to what I was told, Ahn didn't have enough food to eat sometimes, worked as a stone breaker, spent all of his time "preaching the gospel" and writing the "books of truth".  So how did he have time for a wife and 4 children?  Some of his children were born after he was baptized in 1948, so they can't say that he gave up his "physical" life after he was baptized.  Ahn obviously didn't abandon his wife when he was baptized because he continued to have children.  If Ahn is supposed to be an example of how his followers are supposed to live, then why is it ok for members to abandon their families and not have children?  

When the WMS described him to me, they made him out to be quite the martyr, never doing anything to enjoy the earthly life.  Yet Ahn had sex with his wife (who was really his child if you believe he's "god" but that's beside the point).  To claim that he didn't enjoy it would be pretty ridiculous.  He also had time to take "wedding" photos with another woman.  This supposed marriage is adultery according to the Bible whether spiritual or otherwise.  Ahn never even divorced his "physical" wife so he couldn't legally marry zhang.  So is this "spiritual" marriage the next best thing to justify the adulery?

There are also pictures of him swimming around with his shirt off.  I've heard excuses like "he was baptizing members" or "he was bathing in the river".  Who baptizes with their shirt off?!  When was the last time that you took a floating tube to a baptism?  Who takes pictures of someone taking a bath?!  Especially someone you believe is "god" lol.  Male members in the wms are always wearing a suit and tie even in the summer heat and I didn't ever hear the members talking about going to the beach or going swimming anywhere.  The pictures that are available online of Ahn show him pretty well dressed.  But the wms made it seem like he was really poor.  I would imagine that suits and ties were pretty expensive in S. Korea in the 50's and 60's so I wonder how he was able to afford them.  His family looks pretty well dressed as well I might add.

Now that I no longer believe that Ahn was anything but a man and a sinner like the rest of us, knowing that he lead a seemingly normal life (married with children, well dressed, having fun swimming, birthday cake and all), isn't such a shock.  I see pictures of him preaching and conducting services, but he also lead what the wms would call a "worldly" life.  The problem for me is that the way the wms painted his life and what I see evidenced in the pictures is very different.  

So this begs the question…why would the wms portray a story that isn't true?  Or at best a gross misrepresentation of the facts?  What do you guys think?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Great question, Emily.

Simon
    Participant

Children and birth years

Ahn Namnyeon(1948)

Ahn Kwang-Sup (1954)

Ahn Myeongseon (1957)

Ahn Changjun(1959)

Sarah2013
    Participant

I see, Simon, that you are doing your homework.

Joshua
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Children and birth years

Ahn Namnyeon(1948)

Ahn Kwang-Sup (1954)

Ahn Myeongseon (1957)

Ahn Changjun(1959)

Hey Bro, where did you get this? Ahn's tombstone only list three children. There are rumors of children from other women. Are any of these from someone other than his wife? I'm curious.

Joshua
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Children and birth years

Ahn Namnyeon(1948)

Ahn Kwang-Sup (1954)

Ahn Myeongseon (1957)

Ahn Changjun(1959)

Hey Bro, where did you get this? Ahn's tombstone only list three children. There are rumors of children from other women. Are any of these from someone other than his wife? I'm curious.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Simon wrote:

Children and birth years

Ahn Namnyeon(1948)

Ahn Kwang-Sup (1954)

Ahn Myeongseon (1957)

Ahn Changjun(1959)

Brother from another mother

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Simon wrote:

Children and birth years

Ahn Namnyeon(1948)

Ahn Kwang-Sup (1954)

Ahn Myeongseon (1957)

Ahn Changjun(1959)

Brother from another mother

Sarah2013
    Participant

Fireproof.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Fireproof.

Jubilee
    Participant

First of all you must realize that the wedding photo is a photo shop.   ASh and ZJG photos seperately have dates on the bottom.  the wedding photo does not.  

Also,  This supposed wedding was to be spiritually, the physical part was the photo to show she is the bride.

Know one can prove anything.  Do we know if ASH even knew Zahng?  Was she a member of the church he established which was the 

"Jesus witnesses Churh of God" in 1964?

Do we have proof ASH parents were ever christians or not?  ASH son said, He never met his grandparents.  He was born in 1954.  This means, If there is no proof ASH parents were unbelievers, then the prophecy of Melchezedik can not be proven or fulfilled.

No evidence for much of their doctrine.

One lie is too many for God and His people!!

Jubilee
    Participant

First of all you must realize that the wedding photo is a photo shop.   ASh and ZJG photos seperately have dates on the bottom.  the wedding photo does not.  

Also,  This supposed wedding was to be spiritually, the physical part was the photo to show she is the bride.

Know one can prove anything.  Do we know if ASH even knew Zahng?  Was she a member of the church he established which was the 

"Jesus witnesses Churh of God" in 1964?

Do we have proof ASH parents were ever christians or not?  ASH son said, He never met his grandparents.  He was born in 1954.  This means, If there is no proof ASH parents were unbelievers, then the prophecy of Melchezedik can not be proven or fulfilled.

No evidence for much of their doctrine.

One lie is too many for God and His people!!

Simon
    Participant

I’ve never seen the so called wedding photo to form an opinion but I don’t recall dates on any I have seen

It’s likely she was a member at one point

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.