About the nature of the wmscog gods

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

Hi, all.  I've been asked a question by someone researching the wmscog, and I'm not quite sure on the answer for this one.  I have an impression from how members speak of 'father' and 'mother' and from what I've read in sermons, but I don't recall it specifically addressed, and I want to see if my impression is backed up by what you all have heard.

Members / ex-members especially, can you help?

Here's the question:

Do they teach that God the Mother is limited ONLY as the physical manifestation of Jang Gil-ja, or if she is in fact in Heaven and on Earth simultaneously?

Same question about Ahnsahnghong: Was the fullness of God the Father ONLY in his body at the time Ahnsahnghong was living, or was the Father in Heaven able to manifest himself as Ahnsahnghong while remaining in heaven at the same time?

mikeforster06
    Participant

First, regarding, the original post, does anyone have any official source material that states their belief that "god the mother" and "god the father" are/were existing both in spirit and physical forms simultaneously?

I have ordered three books by kim joo-cheol.

Secondly, have any of you read his books? Does he explicitly state core doctrine in the books?

Again, I am working on an apologetic addressed to the WMSCOG defending the traditional understanding of the Trinity.

genny
    Participant

Mike, I have read them (at least the ones I can get my hands on).  They do convey his doctrine, but it does not always match up with current wmscog teaching.

Which books will you be reading (if you don't mind sharing)?

mikeforster06
    Participant

God the Father and God the Mother: Sermon.

Mother's Wish.

My Sheep Listen to My Voice.

genny
    Participant

You've probably already seen them, but if you want to understand wmscog doctrine more, you can read the "Truth of Life" section on their website english.watv.org

MountainMom
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

@Mountain I could see that happening. There were always issues with discipline, etc. There were times where thr Korean deaconness would try to hurry my kids along, when I would speak to them abouy their behavior. Her attitude wad as if she had it under control. I told her sternly one Saturday, "Imtalking to my son, you can take him when I am done." Again, not to say a person without kids can't be a good babysitter, but just like any other position, they randomly rotated people in as sitters.

I heard some stories that were very disturbing about the lack of good child care there while the parents were in services all day long on Sabbath.  One was that at one church they actually left a 15 year old boy in charge of several children at one time, with no one else there to help.  At the same church on another occasion, one very young child was found by the mother with a battery in her mouth.  The floors the young children were crawling on weren't clean or free from things they could find and put in their mouths.  When she complained, she was rebuked.  Another time, parents found that the children who were old enough were sat in front of a tv for hours on end on a Sabbath with the lights out. 

These are just a few of the stories I have heard. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mountain I have seen those things. When members would go for a trip, there would often be 1 or 2 watching 20 sum odd kids. They would often times just sit and watch movie after movie. One of the deacons wife, told my wife that the only time she had to spend with her 13yr old was when she was babysitting. Also, something must have happened in a “zion” somewhere because a year or so ago, parents and children were instructed to NOT call the female members babysitting, “Imo” (Korean for Aunt or Auntie)… and only call them Teacher.

Viewing 6 replies - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.