Subtle alienation from the outside world?

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

Not too long ago 144k argued that former members complained about their negative experiences with the wms because of a low self-esteem and a victim complex.  Other members in the forum have made similar arguments in order to discredit all former member testimony.  Why do members almost immediately dismiss any complaints about negative experiences by former members?  

I believe that the wms induces a persecution complex in its members.  Of course this may not seem obvious but upon closer inspection, the influence of a perception of persecution from the outside world is evidenced in some of the wms literature.  In "My Sheep Listen to My Voice" p. 219 Joo writes when answering "How Does the Devil Temp Us?"…

"By making us doubt God's administration"…

-which I interpret to mean doubts in the church leadership

"By making our family members [parents, children, wife, husband, etc.], relatives or our acquaintances [neighbors, friends, etc.] slander us".

-which I interpret to mean that if the people closest to you criticize the wms and question your membership, it's really the devil tempting you to leave the organization

When answering "What Is the Devil's Purpose In Tempting Us?" Joo writes…

"Satan tempts us to sin, go astray, forsake our faith, rebel against God, and eventually follow him".

-which I interpret to mean ultimately leaving the wms

There are more quotes in this book of course.  Is anyone else willing to post a few from any of the wms literature they have?

Simon
    Participant

16 and 17 aren't really children 18 is a number pulled out of someone's ass

Simon
    Participant

Harry
    Participant

Hobbit wrote:

Harry wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

I would like to know why you preached to children? I wouldn't go as far as saying you've got something wrong with you..

Selling that crap to kids is borderline unforgiveable and I don't hear ol Love telling us how sorry he is for doing it.

Wow, I haven't been this pissed since me and my old friend grey goose celebrated the passover

I think you are being too strong with Love. When you are part of the WMSCOG you believe that the most important is for people to celebrate de Passover. So you would tell to everybody that you care, including children, that they have to celebrate the Passover. That's the reason why mother's baptize their children and raise them in the small children's room. If they knew what you know, they wouldn't stay. They have no idea whats really going on. In all the time I have been in church, a couple of weeks ago was the first time I researched about the church. I had so much fear about it.

OK Hobbit, I understand what your sayin, i know your right and I get it but Love wasn't preaching to his own children he was preaching to someone else's children and that's a little different and it probably hits a little too close to home for me. Let's forget it

Harry
    Participant

Hobbit wrote:

Harry wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

I would like to know why you preached to children? I wouldn't go as far as saying you've got something wrong with you..

Selling that crap to kids is borderline unforgiveable and I don't hear ol Love telling us how sorry he is for doing it.

Wow, I haven't been this pissed since me and my old friend grey goose celebrated the passover

I think you are being too strong with Love. When you are part of the WMSCOG you believe that the most important is for people to celebrate de Passover. So you would tell to everybody that you care, including children, that they have to celebrate the Passover. That's the reason why mother's baptize their children and raise them in the small children's room. If they knew what you know, they wouldn't stay. They have no idea whats really going on. In all the time I have been in church, a couple of weeks ago was the first time I researched about the church. I had so much fear about it.

OK Hobbit, I understand what your sayin, i know your right and I get it but Love wasn't preaching to his own children he was preaching to someone else's children and that's a little different and it probably hits a little too close to home for me. Let's forget it

Disturbed
    Participant

In my location we were firmly instructed not to preach to anyone under 18. I understood it was clearly for legal reasons. And I know it would bring unneccesary attention on the church if/when the parents show up LOL! We were also told not to preach to people who appeared homeless. "We dont want them to come to zion for the wrong reasons" (ie…free food)

Disturbed
    Participant

In my location we were firmly instructed not to preach to anyone under 18. I understood it was clearly for legal reasons. And I know it would bring unneccesary attention on the church if/when the parents show up LOL! We were also told not to preach to people who appeared homeless. "We dont want them to come to zion for the wrong reasons" (ie…free food)

Emily
    Participant

Well that's one thing that the Catholic church has on the World Mission Society Church of God…the Catholic church does not turn away the homeless, even if they are just looking for food.

Emily
    Participant

Well that's one thing that the Catholic church has on the World Mission Society Church of God…the Catholic church does not turn away the homeless, even if they are just looking for food.

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

16 and 17 are children 18 is borderline…..

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

16 and 17 are children 18 is borderline…..

Harry
    Participant

Emily wrote:

OK, Em, how bout me you and warrior go back to that catholic church and see how it goes? As i recall it was a pretty good place to go before all this crap came along and messed up all our heads…….I know a good italian place we can go after…my treat ๐Ÿ™‚

Harry
    Participant

Emily wrote:

OK, Em, how bout me you and warrior go back to that catholic church and see how it goes? As i recall it was a pretty good place to go before all this crap came along and messed up all our heads…….I know a good italian place we can go after…my treat ๐Ÿ™‚

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Simon you are not aware of Love's nationality. In this part of the world, though 18 is the legal age of maturity, a person is considered a child even in the early 20s. In your country, kids leave home and fend for themselves quite early in life. In our country, they leave home only when they marry and sometimes, not even then. So you cannot apply your yardstick to Love's country (in South Asia) which is probably even more different to you than mine (India). We have very strong family ties.

While I agree with Harry's agnst about Love netting these kids, specially knowing what Harry has had to endure, I also understand Love's motivation to do so. Love really, though mistakenly, believed he was saving their souls.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Simon you are not aware of Love's nationality. In this part of the world, though 18 is the legal age of maturity, a person is considered a child even in the early 20s. In your country, kids leave home and fend for themselves quite early in life. In our country, they leave home only when they marry and sometimes, not even then. So you cannot apply your yardstick to Love's country (in South Asia) which is probably even more different to you than mine (India). We have very strong family ties.

While I agree with Harry's agnst about Love netting these kids, specially knowing what Harry has had to endure, I also understand Love's motivation to do so. Love really, though mistakenly, believed he was saving their souls.

Simon
    Participant

I don’t care where love is from 16/17 just plain isn’t a child

Simon
    Participant

I don’t care where love is from 16/17 just plain isn’t a child

Harry
    Participant

emil wrote:

Well he could have believed he was saving their souls, that's entirely possible OR he could have been trying to grab enough fruit to get himself into heaven. I'm pretty sure a 16 or 17 year old kid is considered "low hanging fruit" …. easy to pick. That's their term for it.

On another note, why does evryone stereotype all members as wonderful beautiful sweet people who are just being held captive. I've met a bunch of members in the last few months and some of them are really great people BUT some of them are NOT really nice people. I can tell right away when I'm talking to an asshole (as they say it takes one to know one) Nobody really knows what these people were like before they got grabbed. Trust me there is a lot of me.me.me going on in there

So if your a member and one of your best buddys in the church keeps saying stuff to you that you know in your heart is a lie then they are probably just telling you shit that the paster wants them to say and they don't give a crap about you so you might want to wake up and ask yourself if you really "love" these people so much or do you just think you do. Justifying every bullshit statement somebody makes is exactly the same as justifying every bullshit statement they make about the bible. He or SHE may not be as nice as you think she is.

Simon
    Participant

Its more so members don’t think we are totalizing them more than we think every member is a wonderful person

MountainMom
    Participant

16 and 17 year olds are children to their parents.  If you are a parent, you know exactly what I mean.  Your own kids are your "children" basically forever.  

Freedfromreseda
    Participant

At a legal standpoint, 16-17 year olds are still considered children in the eyes of the law. You cannot enter a legally binding contract with anyone under 18. In Reseda, no one under 18 will be baptised without parental consent (if the parents arent members or studying). They dont want the police involved.

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.