Subtle alienation from the outside world?

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

Not too long ago 144k argued that former members complained about their negative experiences with the wms because of a low self-esteem and a victim complex.  Other members in the forum have made similar arguments in order to discredit all former member testimony.  Why do members almost immediately dismiss any complaints about negative experiences by former members?  

I believe that the wms induces a persecution complex in its members.  Of course this may not seem obvious but upon closer inspection, the influence of a perception of persecution from the outside world is evidenced in some of the wms literature.  In "My Sheep Listen to My Voice" p. 219 Joo writes when answering "How Does the Devil Temp Us?"…

"By making us doubt God's administration"…

-which I interpret to mean doubts in the church leadership

"By making our family members [parents, children, wife, husband, etc.], relatives or our acquaintances [neighbors, friends, etc.] slander us".

-which I interpret to mean that if the people closest to you criticize the wms and question your membership, it's really the devil tempting you to leave the organization

When answering "What Is the Devil's Purpose In Tempting Us?" Joo writes…

"Satan tempts us to sin, go astray, forsake our faith, rebel against God, and eventually follow him".

-which I interpret to mean ultimately leaving the wms

There are more quotes in this book of course.  Is anyone else willing to post a few from any of the wms literature they have?

Simon
    Participant

might also be worth noting HARRY is the one who decided to yell at a member of this forum not me

MountainMom
    Participant

Simon, I didn't mean to make you angry.  I'm just not sure that you see that your comments often divert people from the main post off on another completely different tangent.  Not saying you mean to, or that I don't appreciate a lot of your comments as well.  My comments aren't always appreciated either, I suppose. (as noted by the F-word in your reply and sometimes in other's replies)  But I agree with Love that we should get back to the main post topic and quit arguing about things not related. 

Keep posting.  We value your comments.  Just remember, you are coming from an entirely different situation than I am, and some others here.  I don't ever want to exaggerate the problems with the wmscog, but I don't ever want to downplay or ignore the destructive impact either. 

I think we all (including me) need sensitivity. 

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

leaving a lie for hate won't save you after all…

@Simon – I don't hate you. Quite the opposite. I like you. Where did you see the hate in all this? I was just surprised that you find the choice of faith is OK for a 16 year old to make but all the other things I asked were adult questions. Makes me feel you find the choice of faith to be a trivial matter in comparison with the other choices.

I can tell you from experience that a person at 16 is probably at the peak of the rebellious stage of life. That makes him/her vulnerable to any teaching that is a polar opposite to what his/her parents believe.

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

might also be worth noting HARRY is the one who decided to yell at a member of this forum not me

Oh NIIIIICE Shim, what a little tatttle-tale you turned out to be and I said I was sorrrrry! (sort of) and you used the F-word with MMom? You should be ashamed of yourself……….Bro, I know you do a lot of big boy things in your life and seriously, i'm impressed, I really am, no joke but even though you have a lot on your plate and your handling it well, I think you could learn alot from some of the people on this forum. Trust me there's alot to be said for experience…..question of the day: Is YoMommaSoFat still Fat or is she Renita, hmmmmm

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Yea, where did Renita go?

Viewing 5 replies - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.