Subtle alienation from the outside world?

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

Not too long ago 144k argued that former members complained about their negative experiences with the wms because of a low self-esteem and a victim complex.  Other members in the forum have made similar arguments in order to discredit all former member testimony.  Why do members almost immediately dismiss any complaints about negative experiences by former members?  

I believe that the wms induces a persecution complex in its members.  Of course this may not seem obvious but upon closer inspection, the influence of a perception of persecution from the outside world is evidenced in some of the wms literature.  In "My Sheep Listen to My Voice" p. 219 Joo writes when answering "How Does the Devil Temp Us?"…

"By making us doubt God's administration"…

-which I interpret to mean doubts in the church leadership

"By making our family members [parents, children, wife, husband, etc.], relatives or our acquaintances [neighbors, friends, etc.] slander us".

-which I interpret to mean that if the people closest to you criticize the wms and question your membership, it's really the devil tempting you to leave the organization

When answering "What Is the Devil's Purpose In Tempting Us?" Joo writes…

"Satan tempts us to sin, go astray, forsake our faith, rebel against God, and eventually follow him".

-which I interpret to mean ultimately leaving the wms

There are more quotes in this book of course.  Is anyone else willing to post a few from any of the wms literature they have?

Disturbed
    Participant

Most of the rumors they have spread are not true. Unfortunately while I was under their control, I believed the lie.

Disturbed
    Participant

Most of the rumors they have spread are not true. Unfortunately while I was under their control, I believed the lie.

Carlos
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

I know how you feel

Carlos
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

I know how you feel

Hobbit
    Participant

They have even gotten to the extent of showing pictures of ex members and making up stories. I wonder what stories they will make about me once I leave. It's funny how when you are with them they are your family, but once you have doubts or leave you are worst than nothing and they "always knew you were goint to leave"

Hobbit
    Participant

They have even gotten to the extent of showing pictures of ex members and making up stories. I wonder what stories they will make about me once I leave. It's funny how when you are with them they are your family, but once you have doubts or leave you are worst than nothing and they "always knew you were goint to leave"

Love'n Honey
    Participant

We are famous in the WMSCOG. Lol.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

We are famous in the WMSCOG. Lol.

Emily
    Participant

Do they admit that they tell their current members not to talk to former members?  I know it actually happens, but have they publicly said it?  Or have they denied it?

Emily
    Participant

Do they admit that they tell their current members not to talk to former members?  I know it actually happens, but have they publicly said it?  Or have they denied it?

Love
    Participant

I remember very important incident which happen to me. It was mission time I preached to many person among them two people were very poor wearing slipper looking little dirty. I told every thing that I could explain about bible, they were happy and ready to take baptise when I took them to zion co-pastor baptise them, when they left pastor called me and said you must preach to wealthy and educated person better you try next time. I was feeling so bad, in their preaching book it is said save one soul. but when I brought soul for baptise they need wealthy & Educated soul then I knew zion needs money. Church teach baptise is taken Immediately no age limit baby must also take baptise is written in their traning aid book. once I preach two students not in same time. first I took one student he was 16 years, he change his cloth for baptise then pastor came and reject to take baptise pastor told he is not 18 years can't be baptise. Again I took One student his age was 17 and half he was convince to take baptise before baptise church made a statement in written and let that student sign. in the paper it was written I my self agree to take baptise I will not blame to any member of this church then he put the seal of his thums and signature and he was baptise. What I want to tell is their teaching and their behaviors are different.

Love
    Participant

I remember very important incident which happen to me. It was mission time I preached to many person among them two people were very poor wearing slipper looking little dirty. I told every thing that I could explain about bible, they were happy and ready to take baptise when I took them to zion co-pastor baptise them, when they left pastor called me and said you must preach to wealthy and educated person better you try next time. I was feeling so bad, in their preaching book it is said save one soul. but when I brought soul for baptise they need wealthy & Educated soul then I knew zion needs money. Church teach baptise is taken Immediately no age limit baby must also take baptise is written in their traning aid book. once I preach two students not in same time. first I took one student he was 16 years, he change his cloth for baptise then pastor came and reject to take baptise pastor told he is not 18 years can't be baptise. Again I took One student his age was 17 and half he was convince to take baptise before baptise church made a statement in written and let that student sign. in the paper it was written I my self agree to take baptise I will not blame to any member of this church then he put the seal of his thums and signature and he was baptise. What I want to tell is their teaching and their behaviors are different.

Harry
    Participant

Love wrote:

If the pastor told you not to preach to anyone under 18 why did you continue to do it. Do you have any idea how little a 16 or 17 year old kid knows?

Harry
    Participant

Love wrote:

If the pastor told you not to preach to anyone under 18 why did you continue to do it. Do you have any idea how little a 16 or 17 year old kid knows?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I would like to know why you preached to children? I wouldn't go as far as saying you've got something wrong with you..

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I would like to know why you preached to children? I wouldn't go as far as saying you've got something wrong with you..

Harry
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Selling that crap to kids is borderline unforgiveable and I don't hear ol Love telling us how sorry he is for doing it.

Wow, I haven't been this pissed since me and my old friend grey goose celebrated the passover

Harry
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Selling that crap to kids is borderline unforgiveable and I don't hear ol Love telling us how sorry he is for doing it.

Wow, I haven't been this pissed since me and my old friend grey goose celebrated the passover

Hobbit
    Participant

Harry wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

I think you are being too strong with Love. When you are part of the WMSCOG you believe that the most important is for people to celebrate de Passover. So you would tell to everybody that you care, including children, that they have to celebrate the Passover. That's the reason why mother's baptize their children and raise them in the small children's room. If they knew what you know, they wouldn't stay. They have no idea whats really going on. In all the time I have been in church, a couple of weeks ago was the first time I researched about the church. I had so much fear about it.

Hobbit
    Participant

Harry wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

I think you are being too strong with Love. When you are part of the WMSCOG you believe that the most important is for people to celebrate de Passover. So you would tell to everybody that you care, including children, that they have to celebrate the Passover. That's the reason why mother's baptize their children and raise them in the small children's room. If they knew what you know, they wouldn't stay. They have no idea whats really going on. In all the time I have been in church, a couple of weeks ago was the first time I researched about the church. I had so much fear about it.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.