Former WMSCOG Missionary Ron Ramos Speaks Out About His Experience

Joshua
    Participant

Folks, I want to ask, even beg of you, to use a lot more tact and a lot less attack in your conversations. When we get talked at like we are some kind of idiot it brings the same kind of response right back. I am currently having conversations with mostly members of the WMS and they are bringing up some very valid points that this forum is not making a very good impression if we are supposed to be reaching out in love and compassion. Please change your approach and if needs be you hearts. This is not an easy thing for me to ask because I have my own feelings about things as many of you well know. I have found that when I stop attacking and reach out in a more respectful manner people are much more willing to talk to me and open up. Some people have even had a major change of heart. Be the best that God expects you to be and also understand that the person you are talking to is made in the image of God. Thank you all for hearing me out.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder Joshua. I will try to cooperate with your request. ^__^

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Folks, I want to ask, even beg of you, to use a lot more tact and a lot less attack in your conversations. When we get talked at like we are some kind of idiot it brings the same kind of response right back. I am currently having conversations with mostly members of the WMS and they are bringing up some very valid points that this forum is not making a very good impression if we are supposed to be reaching out in love and compassion. Please change your approach and if needs be you hearts. This is not an easy thing for me to ask because I have my own feelings about things as many of you well know. I have found that when I stop attacking and reach out in a more respectful manner people are much more willing to talk to me and open up. Some people have even had a major change of heart. Be the best that God expects you to be and also understand that the person you are talking to is made in the image of God. Thank you all for hearing me out.

Joshua, I understand your point. However, even God can only tolerate so much. I can't just sit and have people calling a man God when he is not. I will not use vulgar words or insult them but my goodness, are we children. The time is near. Jesus is love but also a consuming fire. I will be nice but must speak the truth….. Jesus himself got upset where need be. I'm not saying we are to be rude but sometimes I feel some are fully aware by now but just keep disbelieving.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

The sad part of it is that it is very hard not to believe in something that you want to believe with your whole heart that is true. 

king34
    Participant

well while I was a memember I never saw a pastor that was not korean. I even spoke to that to missionary victor of nyc zion at that time and he had no clue on why they only chose korean pastors. So when you say (fromtheotherside) that it was greed that drobe him away it makes no sence to make that clain. if from the beg. he had no chance to be a pastor. The highest level a non korean person can achive on the wmscog is a missionary. Is he same way why a woman never led service on nyc zion.( cant speak from other churches only the one that I attended) .

fromtheotherside
    Participant

There are also american elders.    Just as we now have a black president anything is possible. So anything is possible.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

and who said it was impossible?

genny
    Participant

fromtheotherside, I don't think you've told us yet… Did you know Ron personally?  For how long?  And how long have you been with the wmscog?

Also, two things I'd like to ask you regarding your experience and these videos–they mention the year 2012 and the subject of abortion.

What were you taught in the wmscog about the year 2012?  And what does the wmscog teach about abortion?

I don't think we need to get into a lengthy debate about these teachings (maybe in another thread), just the facts of what do they teach.

Sarah2013
    Participant

The baby does not have a soul until it exits its mother, per wmscog.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I think FTOS is avoiding to answer direct questions. What are you afraid of FTOS?

lng
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Agree, that is what we were told. Sick!

Sarah2013
    Participant

lng wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

Thank you very much! You know they said this.

Simon
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

There are also american elders.    Just as we now have a black president anything is possible. So anything is possible.  

I was eplicitly told WMSCOG Pastors can only be Korean. Just like the apostles could only be Jews

Simon
    Participant

lng wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

I was never told that.  I remember I went preaching with my Deacon. He was asked about abortion… and he did that "its not for us to judge" thing when doctrine is against it but they don't wanna say so

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Funny how they say it is not for them to judge when the time is convinient for them but judge all kinds of things that they don't approved about.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

lng wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

I was never told that.  I remember I went preaching with my Deacon. He was asked about abortion… and he did that "its not for us to judge" thing when doctrine is against it but they don't wanna say so

I was told that Mother never explained exactly when the soul enters the baby so it is better safe than sorry, meaning DON'T get an abortion at any stage of your pregnancy. I was asking because we were on the study The Secret of the Forgiveness of Sins. Why we were born into this world. I also had the question about still births and miscarraiges.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

The Secret of the Forgiveness of Sins? I didn't know God have some kind of a secret just to forgive sins, that really sounds weird.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Avoiding asking direct questions?  Elie, some of us like to spend time doing other things instead of coming here to debate.  I will try to answer some of your many questions. 

"just" to forgive sins, the wages of sin is death, that's a pretty hefty sin.  Do all calvinists take sin lightly?  Also there are many "secrets" in the bible, which even Jesus gave only to his disciples, "the secrets to the kingdom of him were meant for you not them"    So I can understand y you wouldn't understand it. 

Also I already spoke of my relationship to Ron, 

Abortions? It's your choice, the bible doesn't  speak against it so why should we?

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Hmmm… I am not sure why you are attacking all Calvinist now but do you have some background about our beliefs to be saying such things?

Anyway, Jesus told his disciples that, not me but also not YOU, so I guess I could also say that you wouldn’t understand it also. Or are you claiming the disciples passed it down to Ahn and Zhang and they passed it down to you? Care to give me the historical facts for that?

The bible doesn’t speak against abortions but it speaks about murder. Murder is killing an innocent person. Is the baby innocent? Definitely. Is the baby a “person?” A person have a soul. Does the bible specifically said the exact time when a “baby” is considered to have a soul? No, it doesn’t state the exact time so you will never be sure. Since you are not sure, the baby that they abort, no matter what age it is, MAY contain a soul. So you just tolerate it even with this possibility?

Tell me, FTOS, did you tolerate abortions even before you entered the wmscog or not?

genny
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Also I already spoke of my relationship to Ron, 

If you did, it was in a roundabout way.  You did not directly say if you knew him personally or for how long.

Abortions? It's your choice, the bible doesn't  speak against it so why should we?

The Bible doesn't speak against it?  It doesn't use the word "abortion" but it definitely speaks about murder, and about babies in the womb.  But you've answered that question–The wmscog teaches that God approves of abortion.  (Don't think that's what you said?  Well, if "Mother God" leaves it up to the person to decide, then that's saying she is absolutely fine when they choose abortion.  If she didn't approve of that choice, then she would speak against it.)

By the way you communicate here, fromtheotherside, it does appear that you avoid answering direct questions, and that you don't answer questions in a direct way.  You've been asked more than once how long you've been part of the wmscog.  That doesn't take so long to answer that it cuts into your family time.

Another direct question was what were you taught about 2012?   Will that need a complicated, time-consuming answer?  I hope not.  I expected an answer something like, "The wmscog taught me that nothing was special about 2012" or "The wmscog taught that 2012 was special because it would be the end of preaching / end of the world / return of 'Father' / last Passover / completion of the Heavenly Temple / 144,000 finally all found / or what…."

Also, in another thread (https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4486&page=4) you asked about evidence against the wmscog to be presented "without explanation" and I gave you 4 pieces of evidence.  Have you forgotten about that?  Are you researching or trying to find explanations?  I hope you are not ignoring it on purpose hoping it will go away.  Are you thinking that not answering is better than an inadequate answer?  I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see what you do with that evidence.

It's not my intention to be a pest, but if you are having a hard time answering direct questions, you should ask yourself why?  And you should also be honest with yourself about this question, "If what I believe was not true, would I want to know?"  You don't need to answer it here publicly, but you do need to answer it honestly for yourself.–It will influence everything.

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.