Home Forums Biblical Arguments Wrong interpretation of the Bible!!!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  faith2019 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

faith2019
    Participant

Has anyone here heard of Jews For Jesus?

paper
    Participant

Hi Franky.  Unfortunately my experience has not been good.  I went to this site to understand more about the Church but have spoken to many current and ex-members.  If it brings you true happiness thats great.  For me, anyone in the world who believes they have “the perfect truth” is being mislead.  The world and universe are just not that simple.  Hope you fair well.

frankyu0154
    Participant

Hi @paper. Sorry, I wasn’t able to reply soon. If I can recall correctly, you were the mom that is also new to this forum, right? I’ve been with them for almost 2 years being a “gospel worker” . What about yours? If you want a more private conversation, we can have a conversation via email.

paper
    Participant

Frank, just checking in. What ur experience with WMSCOG?

paper
    Participant

Hi Franky. I look forward to correspondening. What is your experience with WMS?  Thanks, Paper.

frankyu0154
    Participant

so any church is okay as long as you believe in Jesus Christ?

genny
    Participant

Zoom, you said, “The original church that Jesus build with his blood was destroyed by the Romans, Apostle Paul established churches in the Asia Minor (modern day Turkey), but they have not lasted.”

Like Eric said, the church was never “destroyed.” If it had been destroyed, then Jesus would have been wrong when He said that even the gates of Hades would not overcome the church He established. Are you saying Jesus was wrong?

kevmax321
    Participant

“Currently, Pope Francis is the 266th successor of Peter.”

That’s a huge stretch to persuade a wmscog member of this, let alone anyone outside the catholic foundation.

The “church” simply means “congregation” in peters letter, he says “you are all living stones” and elsewhere “there is not favoritism with God.”

Jesus also called Peter “satan” at one point, he was adversary at one point and “the rock” at another, but Daniel 2 clarifies that this “Rock” was Christ, and his kingdom is built without human hands, it is a Reign over yourself, your temple, by Christ through repentance, most christians are spiritually ignorant when it comes to the practical lifestyle that results in our understanding of these things. Is your understanding of God lining up with who you know God is?

I am not convinced in my understanding by catholocism or the wmscog. That does not mean I do not show grace and respect for those under those doctrines. This is why Unity is still possible for us human beings, because Jesus Christ is the grace of God.

I agree with the Catholics in that the Church Kingdom has not been destroyed, but I do not say “here it is” or “there it is” for the kingdom of God is within you! (Luke 17:20)

email me at [email protected] if you have questions.

+

eric
    Participant

@easyaccesshornyman

The Church Jesus established in AD 33 is founded on Peter. It is on Peter, that Jesus declares He will build His Church Matt 16:18. Peter died in AD 67. He was succeeded by Linus who died in AD 76. Linus, in turn, was succeeded by Cletus who died in AD 88. Cletus in turn, was succeeded by Clement who died in AD 97, and so on the succession goes on in an unbroken line till today. Currently, Pope Francis is the 266th successor of Peter. See http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm

So the Church established by Jesus – with the divine blueprint/DNA of a living authority headed by a lead shepherd as willed by Him from the very beginning – is the Catholic Church. No other church has this historical succession. This is one reason for saying why the Church established by Jesus was never “destroyed”.

Peace

eric
    Participant

@easyaccesshornyman

The church established by Jesus consists of His apostles and disciples and all those that succeed them/come after them. It was never “destroyed”. God forbid. It has withstood all that the world threw at it (eg persecutions): from AD 33  till today and will till the world ends.  Perhaps you can clarify what you meant by the “original church” Jesus built with His blood was destroyed by the Romans.  We both have different ideas what “church” means, I think.

Peace

easyaccesshornyman
    Participant

@eric

Which church as been around AD 33? The original church that Jesus build with his blood was destroyed by the Romans, Apostle Paul established churches in the Asia Minor (modern day Turkey), but they have not lasted. So which church is the true church that holds to Jesus teachings?

eric
    Participant

One church argues that the bible points to the existence of God the Mother; another church argues that the bible teaches no such God. Well, clearly one of them is teaching truth, the other is teaching error. But which church? Both relied on the bible for their case.  So, what is the lesson here? The lesson here is that the bible cannot be relied upon to settle this and other disputes.

If Jesus wanted us to rely on the bible to settle disputes, He would have told His apostles something along the lines “look, here’s the bible, refer to it when in doubt”. But He did not. So, if it is not the bible, then what or who? The bible tells us who: it is His Church.

Holy scriptures tells us how Jesus formed His Church.  He gave Peter the keys to heaven and said: “Truly, I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven…” Matt 16:19 and  commanded Peter and the rest of the apostles to “Go ye therefore and teach all nations…” Matt 28:19. What was Jesus doing? He was assigning AUTHORITY (emphasis added) to Peter and the other apostles to run the Church. He gave them authority to bind and to lose WHATEVER (emphasis added) and (gasp) Heaven will ratify their decisions.  Moreover, He had a warning for those who will reject this authority: “He who listens to you, listens to Me, he who rejects you, rejects Me and he who rejects Me, rejects the One who sent Me.” Luke 10:16  These verses imply that we are to LISTEN (emphasis added) to His Church and to OBEY (emphasis added) her teachings/decisions on matters of doctrine and morality. It’s staggering when you and I think about the authority being given to the Church by Jesus.

So, Jesus from the very start, willed that His Church be governed by a living authority of men. And Peter was assigned the role of “lead shepherd” to govern the Church “Feed my lambs” John 21:17. Hence, the divine blueprint/DNA of the Church was not a book (aka bible), it was a living authority of men to guide/run the Church. This is why the bible cannot settle disputes and heresies – it cannot interpret itself. It is just a book of inspired words. A *living authority* – outside of the bible – must  interpret the verses and declare (with God-given authority) what they mean, and every believer must abide by the interpretations arrived at. This is how any doctrinal/moral dispute in Christianity is to be settled, definitively.

We need to find this Church – this living authority – and see if it teaches the doctrine of God the Mother. Then listen to this Church, and obey her. This is how Jesus intend you and I find and know the Truth. Through His Church. Which church is His Church? (Clue: the Church that has been around since AD 33  whose pedigree can be traced all the way back to Peter and is still growing, the Church that gave the world the first bible.)

Peace

genny
    Participant

If you combing all verses Genesis 1:26, Galatians 4:26, Revelation 19:7, you’ll see (spiritually) we have a mother.

That wasn’t the question. I’ll restate it:

What about Rev. 22:17 says that the spirit and bride “give water of life”?

Don’t we get our life from mothers on earth? Female Seahorse gives male Seahorse ‘egg’ so they can give birth. Males cannot produce eggs.

If that is the direction you want to go, then we get life from fathers. Life cannot be given without fathers.

But again, you ignore asexual reproduction.

What came first, ‘chicken or the egg’? Egg right?

We don’t need to belabor this one, but the chicken came first. God created the chickens and then they laid eggs and had more chickens. If God had created the egg first, it would not have hatched or been taken care of so it could grow.

Yes, the church has shown the wedding photos. What does the blue and red candles come from?

I wonder that you did not look it up and find out yourself…

The blue and red at a Korean wedding are symbols of yin and yang, which is from Taoism (Daoism), which is an ancient religion/philosophy from China, which can be considered pagan.  (Pagan is the word generally used for this type of thing in Europe, and you can carry it over to the similar non-Christian religions in Asia.)

The wmscog criticizes Christian churches for supposedly pagan symbols and holidays, yet they don’t mind using Asian-based pagan symbols and holidays? That’s inconsistent teaching. They do the thing they preach against.

bentovo
    Participant

You are referring to Rev. 22:17, right? Please tell me what it is in that verse that says the spirit and bride “give water of life.”

Yes I am. If you combine all verses Genesis 1: 26, Galatians 4: 26, Revelation 19: 7, you’ll see (spiritually) we have a mother.

Don’t we get our life from mothers on earth? Female Seahorse gives male Seahorse ‘egg’ so they can give birth. Males cannot produce eggs. What came first, ‘chicken or the egg’? Egg right?

Bentovo, have you seen these “wedding photos”? I’ve had members tell me that there were candles, blue and red, which symbolize a wedding for Koreans. Do you know where that tradition of blue and red candles at a Korean wedding comes from?

Yes, the church has shown the wedding photos. What does the blue and red candles come from?

kevmax321
    Participant

bentovo, Email me if you want a better interpretation of the “ages” in the bible, and if you want to know what the Jews thought regarding how many “ages” there are: [email protected]

your interpretations of those verses take them out of the context of the rest of their own chapters, creating mass confusion.

“There is nothing I write to you that you do not understand” -apostle Paul. 2 Cor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.