what to do for a family member to wake up!

• Creator
    Topic
    jambo3
    Participant

What to do?  Ill be honest. By now,  I thought this all would have been well over and that they would have realized they're getting taken advantage of. Boy was I wrong.

Its getting worst and worst. What can I do?  What have previous people here done to deprogram a member? cause truthfully,  that is what it feels like I'm doing. 

emil
    Participant

jambo3 wrote:

Do you know who I am?

Is that a serious question or rhetorical? ๐Ÿ™‚

No, I do not know you. Just figured that from your posts. I'm from a country probably far away from you.

emil
    Participant

jambo3 wrote:

Do you know who I am?

No, I do not know you. Just figured that from your posts. I'm from a country probably far away from you.

jambo3
    Participant

emil wrote:

jambo3 wrote:

Do you know who I am?

Gotcha! LOL, and no it was a serious question. I guess i did not realize how many context clues i had actually left in my previous post. Anyways, yes you are right, it is not a spouse. 

People have messaged me about a book written by Christ AnSangHong, but i can not find it anywhere! I then read that i was recalled… Any intell on where i can find a copy?

admin
    Keymaster

jambo3 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4nLOZbbzZc

This video, and the comments just make me stress.

Yeah that vid has been up for awhile.  They are so busted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did call it quits with my loved ones.  ๐Ÿ™  I tried showing the book and various other items.  Enough is enough!

MountainMom
    Participant

@Upset Mom:  It is so hard to stay on any kind of good terms with loved ones in this church, and I understand your frustration wholly.  I've been there, so distraught and down hearted with the behavior of my son.  But I still love him, and all it would take is for him to come and say,"I'll listen. Let's talk.  I may have made a mistake," and I know I would still do everything I could to help him recover from his involvement there.           I know how you feel.  It's so hard to believe that a son could disregard the advice and opinions of those who have always wanted only the best for them, for them to have a happy life, and to then to listen to what amounts to complete strangers with an agenda.  At first you go, where did I go wrong?  But it isn't us at all.  Don't you dare take the blame for any of this on yourself!  It isn't you at all, and it isn't me.  It is the slick presentation and manipulation of a coercive mind control group, and something the average person is not prepared to deal with.  They were caught, and now they are like a bear in a trap that you are trying to free, but he doesn't know you have good intentions and is fighting you.  They are victims too, but they just don't know it yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@MM…Thank you for the encouraging words.  I will never blame myself for this mess.  The only thing I've done wrong is get frustrated and show my emotions. 

MountainMom
    Participant

@Upset Mom:  And also forgive yourself for getting frustrated and showing emotions.  That is a normal reaction from the average person who is dealing with something so bizarre, something the average person has never dealt with.  I beat up on myself too for not handling this all perfectly from the get go, but that isn't reasonable.   How could we handle something exactly right when we have no idea that this kind of thing would ever come our way?  Mothers always tend to take this so hard because we love our kids so much and feel so responsible.  The fact is, we aren't responsible for this abomination.  We can't take it on ourselves. 

emil
    Participant

Hey all moms – It is far more difficult to handle this when it is a beloved family member because one cannot be objective. It is far easier for people on the sidelines to point out what must be done. The sideliners have nothing to gain or lose.

Do not ever blame yourselves. You are victims too.

fedupmom
    Participant

Thank you both Emil and Mountain Mom for the reminders and encouraging words…some days we need these reminders and encouragement to keep our sanity for the sake of ourselves, our loved ones in this mess, as well as our other “children” who need us to be there for them too!

Your words are much appreciated!

MountainMom
    Participant

Getting our emotional responses out of the way can take time, but in the end it helps us to deal with this ordeal better.  (Not that we can ever get our emotions out of it entirely, but at least to a more functional level)  I credit the people on this site with much of my ability to recover and cope.  A big thanks out to all of you.  My family is also incredibly supportive, and I couldn't make it without my husband's support and my other two kids who are just plain wonderful.

As for this ordeal, this too shall pass.  I know it. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also would like to thank everyone for the support here.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Smurf
    Participant

Yes, Senk you mr. Support-guy ^^

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ram……If one doesn't have that book, one can't fight.  ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 14 replies - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.