Was Isaac God too?

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

The wmscog teaches that Isaac was also an incarnation of God. (http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2011/04/who-was-isaac-really.html)

That raises some issues…

Does that mean Jesus was really the second coming Christ, and Ahnsahnghong the third coming?

How could Isaac be God when he lied and cheated?  (Genesis 27)  Does God lie and cheat?

Isaac didn't lie and cheat there.

Also God in flesh isn't always christ see Genesis 18

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

How did he not lie and cheat?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I have never heard that Isaac was God himself but rather a prophecy of how to recognize God in flesh. Like K. David, K. Cyrus, Adam. All of whom are not God but show us how we will recognize God.

There's even this bible study about the tabernacle. I was talking to someone who used to go to the COG & she explained to me how she received the bible study. That the tabernacle has 3 curtains. The 1st curtain represents Isaac, the 2nd Jesus, & the 3rd Ahnsanhghong. However, when I received the study, there are only 2 curtains. The 1st representing Jesus & the 2nd representig Ahnsanghong. We were even given a diagrahm. Shimon, what have you studied concerning the tabernacle & Isaac?

Simon
    Participant

Only study about the tabernacle I ever did was most holy place and Mother

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

How did he not lie and cheat?

Because it was Rebecca and Jacob who did

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Because it was Rebecca and Jacob who did

Sorry, let me make a correction…

Isaac did his lying in Genesis 26:7-9.

In Gen. 27 he was himself deceived.

God neither lies nor is deceived.  The point still stands.

Simon
    Participant

that is a good point. Though I wonder why Isaac would make the same exact error as Abraham, but that is another topic.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon wrote:

The study about the tabernacle breaks down every aspect of the tabernacle as prophecy. From the animal sacrifice, to the basin, to the arc of the cov't to the dimensions of the Most Holy Place. When Pastor gave it, it was quite extensive but mentioned nothing about Isaac. I only brought it up because someone else who studied at the COG says when she had the study, it mentioned Isaac.

Simon
    Participant

I dunno never heard of it :

Joshua
    Participant

Maybe Isaac represented the front doors. I don’t know how that would be but I was always taught that when the curtain was torn it revealed the holy of holies to us all. When Christ died the veil was torn. We have had access ever since the final sacrifice.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

that is a good point. Though I wonder why Isaac would make the same exact error as Abraham, but that is another topic.

He no doubt heard about what his dad did.  Probably thought he'd try it too when faced with a similar situation.

Simon
    Participant

I was going to say hearing what happened he should have known it wouldn't work either but then this quote I just used today would apply:

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Simon
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

shimon wrote:

The study about the tabernacle breaks down every aspect of the tabernacle as prophecy. From the animal sacrifice, to the basin, to the arc of the cov't to the dimensions of the Most Holy Place. When Pastor gave it, it was quite extensive but mentioned nothing about Isaac. I only brought it up because someone else who studied at the COG says when she had the study, it mentioned Isaac.

Ive heard it… But the Tabernacle study was more about the physical and spiritual representations. THe only mention of Isaac was because the Temple was on Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem.

Yes but I suppose everyone knows that lol

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

I was going to say hearing what happened he should have known it wouldn't work either but then this quote I just used today would apply:

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Great quote!

Simon
    Participant

I know I plagiarized it myself 😉

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Well … think about all those followers of Moon, Jones, Manson, Koresh, etc etc …. seems people just never learn from experience!

Simon
    Participant

at least I don't think moonies or WMSCOG are going to commit mass suicides or murders.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Wrong.  All it would take is Heavenly Mom saying ….. Let's all go together!  Drink this kool-aid!  I would say better than half the members would do it without thinking twice ….

Simon
    Participant

It would directly contradict all WMC doctrine.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Yes shimon, I would agree.  I think WMSCOG is more about the money than anything else … like Moon.  Why kill your followers when you can make lots of money from them ….

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.