Mother Zahng vs. Mother Teresa

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

I'm not trying to start a battle here, nor am I  catholic, I'm not taking sides here, but I do want to know, aside from the fact that members of wms believe Zahng to be God.  What things has she done that have surpass the works of Mother Teresa.  Should Mother Teresa be consider Mother God too.  Look at all the things she did and acommplished in her life time. 

Quote from biography:

. Although Mother Teresa was awarded numerous honors, including the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, she never took personal credit for her accomplishments. She said it was God's work and that she was just the tool used to facilitate it.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/people/a/motherteresa.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

emil
    Participant

Every person who does good will face criticism. They are basically opinions trying to judge the heart of the doer. Trying to impute motives which may be baseless. If Jesus faced such criticism during his lifetime and down the ages, why should the critics spare Mother Teresa, a mere disciple?

What she meant by her words cannot be understood without going into her heart. Which is something only God can do and has a right to do.

I can write anything. Free speech. The more controversial, the more copies I sell.

Simon
    Participant

If she does horrible tings with good motive she still did horrible thing

Sarah2013
    Participant

Did she have government funding? She appeared selfless, but like I said, I don’t know much about the lady.

emil
    Participant

The "horrible things" have two problems. First is the conscious or unconscious bias of the person writing about it. If you write a book to condemn her, obviously your writing will be slanted. The opposite is also true. So it depends on who wrote the book.

Second is the perspective of the western developed world of plenty. Let me assure you, the kind of situation you are quoting of the conditions, may not be described in that manner by someone who is used to the situation in many public hospitals in India. This is not a land where people have in plenty. There is a huge gap between the haves and have nots. Medicines are not always available. In short, don't judge Indian actions through western eyes.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Makes sense, Emil.

Simon
    Participant

She had millions at her disposal

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

she accepted stolen money for her ministry as donation, encouraged poverty, refused to let people be treated  for things, othewrs she reused needles for injections increasing the chances of contamination

I really don't know about these claims as to how true they are.  I suppose though we could say that Mother Teresa was widely respected but not without criticism.

But going back to "Mother Jerusalem"… How would she compare to Mother Teresa?

Simon
    Participant

Probably better on the same superficial measure

Liberty
    Participant

emil wrote:

The "horrible things" have two problems. First is the conscious or unconscious bias of the person writing about it. If you write a book to condemn her, obviously your writing will be slanted. The opposite is also true. So it depends on who wrote the book.

Second is the perspective of the western developed world of plenty. Let me assure you, the kind of situation you are quoting of the conditions, may not be described in that manner by someone who is used to the situation in many public hospitals in India. This is not a land where people have in plenty. There is a huge gap between the haves and have nots. Medicines are not always available. In short, don't judge Indian actions through western eyes.

But then why would you even operate on someone when you know you don't have the proper anesthesia? That's just cruel! Why not say, "we don't have the resources here to help you."

We have American doctors willing to travel for free to help patients in other counties. Reading things like that really upset me!

Sarah2013
    Participant

Liberty, it isn’t as easy as it looks. Third world country’s resources is very different.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Liberty, check your Pm.

Liberty
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Liberty, it isn't as easy as it looks. Third world country's resources is very different.

I know my post may come across as unrealistic. It's just that the thought of people having to go through medical procedures with no anasthesia really really angers me. In our world today, with all the resources and scientific knowledge that we have, nobody anywhere in any country should be having to endure such a poor quality of medical treatment. That would be considered "cruel and unusual punishment/treatment here."

Somebody somewhere is dropping the ball for one country to be so rich and another to be so poor. Also, don't those people have the authority to say, "Don't touch me if you don't have the proper medicine?"

Liberty
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Liberty, check your Pm.

I will reply to all pm's in the morning when I can give them my full thought and attention. It's past my bedtime now and I can't even keep my head up straight.

I'm just making a few posts, and then off-to-bed I go.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Cool.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Unfortunately, the mind set is not like it is in America. There are occasions of electricity shortage and phone communication. It is a different world. America is peaches and cream compared to third world countries.

Sarah2013
    Participant

In some third world countries clean drinking water is a struggle to find. It is hard to grasp if the western world is all one knows. The life style of the western world is not the same as the modern world. Waking up 5am or so in the morning trying to fetch clean drinking water is highly the norm for the western world. Power-shortage daily is the life style of some third world countries. Not all countries are as fortunate as America or even some of Europe. It can often be a chaotic lifestyle. So I can see why medical attention can be hard. Sometimes, only the strong survive.

emil
    Participant

Liberty you cannot believe everything that you read. There are other books that quote doctors and volunteers telling a completely different story. So it depends on who you read. People who write against usually have a more pressing agenda than those who write in favor.

You have to be discerning.

emil
    Participant

In India Christians make up just over 2% of the population. Yet you will find almost universal praise for Mother Teresa largely from those of other faiths. People have seen things for themselves from very close quarters. She has even been awarded the highest civilian honour by the government of India. Would that have happened if all the negative stuff written was true?

Simon
    Participant

It did with zhang

Sarah2013
    Participant

But did she make any claim as deity? I doubt that. From the little I know she did not claim to be God.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.