Mother Zahng vs. Mother Teresa

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

I'm not trying to start a battle here, nor am I  catholic, I'm not taking sides here, but I do want to know, aside from the fact that members of wms believe Zahng to be God.  What things has she done that have surpass the works of Mother Teresa.  Should Mother Teresa be consider Mother God too.  Look at all the things she did and acommplished in her life time. 

Quote from biography:

. Although Mother Teresa was awarded numerous honors, including the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, she never took personal credit for her accomplishments. She said it was God's work and that she was just the tool used to facilitate it.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/people/a/motherteresa.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

MountainMom
    Participant

It is interesting you bring this up.  At the Chicago Zion this past December they had a big get together to talk to the members and any guests they brought about how women are so important ini the world today and how so many of them do great things ( Of course, all to emphasize how the "Mother" has been such a wonderful influence).  They named all kinds of women and gave them credit, talking about their contributions to society, etc. But Mother Teresa was never mentioned.  When a non-member brought this up very innocently, his comment was met with dead silence and never addressed. 

I'm not Catholic, but I certainly know about what a great humanitarian Mother Teresa was.  Not to include her just because she was Catholic?  Wow, really?   

KF
    Participant

I agree MM, Mother Teresa was a great humanitarian, and her work is still being done to this day.  She left quite an impact on society.  For the wms not to acknowlegde another persons work, because of their religion, is absurd.

I could just imagine that awkward moment of silence.  Why not just explain why they thought she did not play an important role as a woman.  I bet all the guest who have heared of Mother Teresa's work would have objected.

MountainMom
    Participant

Yes, it wasn't brought up in front of the congregation, but only one guest to a member.  It really is too bad someone didn't say "Hey, what about Mother Teresa!" I really would have liked to hear what was said in reply!

Simon
    Participant

Actually Mother Teresa was a fairly horrible person.

Liberty
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Actually Mother Teresa was a fairly horrible person.

Is this sarcasm? If not, please elaborate.

Simon
    Participant

"the suffering of the poor is something very beautiful and the world is being very much helped by the nobility of this example of misery and suffering"

"You are suffering, that means Jesus is kissing you!"

she accepted stolen money for her ministry as donation, encouraged poverty, refused to let people be treated  for things, othewrs she reused needles for injections increasing the chances of contamination

Sarah2013
    Participant

I can’t say too much on this Lady. It is believed she did many good deeds, but how that makes one God is unclear. Neither Zang nor her in spite of how many good deeds they do, highly do not qualify them as God. Same goes for me or anyone. There is only one God.

Simon
    Participant

Anyone can do good deeds, only God can be God 🙂

MountainMom
    Participant

Anyone can do them, but not everyone does.  I think the sacrifices of Mother Teresa speak volumes.  I don't really think she encouraged poverty, that is going a bit far Simon.

Simon
    Participant

it is fact

MountainMom
    Participant

Where did you get these facts?  I really have never heard of these things before.  Interesting, but I am not convinced Mother Teresa was a thug.LOL!

Simon
    Participant

"the suffering of the poor is something very beautiful and the world is being very much helped by the nobility of this example of misery and suffering"

"You are suffering, that means Jesus is kissing you!"

MountainMom
    Participant

Out of context things have a different meaning.  I'd have to see the rest of what she was talking about to understand, I think.

Simon
    Participant

"The legend of her Homes for the Dying has moved the world to tears. Reality, however, is scandalous: In the overcrowded and primitive little homes, many patients have to share a bed with others. Though there are many suffering from tuberculosis, AIDS and other highly infectious illnesses, hygiene is no concern. The patients are treated with good words and insufficient (sometimes outdated) medicines, applied with old needles, washed in lukewarm water. One can hear the screams of people having maggots tweezered from their open wounds without pain relief. On principle, strong painkillers are even in hard cases not given. According to Mother Teresa's bizarre philosophy, it is 'the most beautiful gift for a person that he can participate in the sufferings of Christ'. Once she tried to comfort a screaming sufferer: 'You are suffering, that means Jesus is kissing you!' The man got furious and screamed back: 'Then tell your Jesus to stop kissing.'"

Simon
    Participant

no context can make it okay period

MountainMom
    Participant

So who was writing this, where did it come from?  I wouldn't condone this type of treatment either.  But I still am not sure it occurred.  You read it somewhere, so what is the source?  That is what I am asking.

KF
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

I can't say too much on this Lady. It is believed she did many good deeds, but how that makes one God is unclear. Neither Zang nor her in spite of how many good deeds they do, highly do not qualify them as God. Same goes for me or anyone. There is only one God.

Exactly Sarah! that was the point I was trying to make, just because someone does good deeds does not make them God.  WMS talk about mothers teaching and the we love you foundation and on how she works with the poor.  My point is so did Mother Teresa, so should she herself been called God.

MountainMom wrote:

Where did you get these facts?  I really have never heard of these things before.  Interesting, but I am not convinced Mother Teresa was a thug.LOL!

this is what I found MM,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa

but it does come from wiki, not a reliable source 100%.  I myself did not know about this, but that just goes to show us that just because we hear something or  are taught something, it doesn't mean you should accept it right away.

we need to do our own research, other than that she did do good deeds, shortage of funds, could have been a reason for many things.  The media loves a good story too.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Yes, Kim. Your point was very clear. You don’t even need to explain.

KF
    Participant

MERCI!

Sarah2013
    Participant

vous êtes les bienvenus ( you are welcome).

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.