Mom and Her End

• Creator
    Topic
    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

So WMSCOG believers, help me out.  Heavenly Mom is supposed to take a bunch of you into Heaven …. correct?  And this happens at the end of the world, which also happens sometime in her lifetime ….. correct?  How many of you get to go with her????

Love'n Honey
    Participant

If I understood your response, the members of the COG still follow the regulations of the OT just in the spiritual way which is why they are considered spiritual isrealites. This may come off as racist but do know that is not my intention.. I am not physically “white” but have been called a white girl many times. Christians are not physically isrealite but can be in spirit according to the COG.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I think they use the term spiritual isrealite to make clear that we aren’t physically isrealites but we are those who will inherent the KOH. To me, its like the flow of electricity. There is electron flow and conventional flow. even though conventional flow is a false idea, it helps people understand electricity. I prefer electron flow.. =)

Simon
    Participant

:/

genny
    Participant

Hal wrote:

Many christian denominations refer to themselves as "spiritual israelites". Its very common in many new faith and reborn churches. There is no such beast as a "spiritual Israelite".

Hal, I've mentioned Michael Brown (Messianic Jewish scholar) before, and I just wanted to say that he agrees with you.  This is from his book "What Do Jewish People Think about Jesus?" (question #53, pages 235-240):

Yes, He is the God of the Gentiles and the Jews–but Jews who do not believe do not become Gentiles, and Gentiles who do believe do not become Jews. … 

Over the years I have met godly Christians who told me with joy that they were spiritual Jews, and it was clear that their hearts were deeply joined to Israel and the Jewish people.  I have nothing but appreciation for them, and I never try to correct them, understanding what they mean and what this means to them.  But it is not accurate scripturally and, at times in church history, it has contributed to the dangerously wrong concept that the Church has replaced Israel.

Romans 10:12 says, "For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile–the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him."  Paul tells Gentile believers that they are like a wild olive shoot grafted into the tree (Romans 11:17) and that all Christians are heirs to Abraham's promise (Galatians 3:29), but when Gentiles become "Abraham's seed" it seems more to me like an adoption image.  Christian believers are never explicitly called "spiritual Jews" or "spiritual Israelites."  Even when Paul had the perfect opportunity in Romans 11 to do so, he still calls them "Gentiles."

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Baptism is spiritual circumcision

Love'n Honey
    Participant

To anyone who does not believe jesus is god then you’re right. But to those who do believe jesus is god, you’re wrong.

KF
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

To anyone who does not believe jesus is god then you're right. But to those who do believe jesus is god, you're wrong.

Why do you say this Renita, I believe in Jesus and I don't think I'm wrong….what gives?  you believe in a father & mother but not Jesus?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

If you believe jesus is god, then you believe god said baptism is the fulfillment of circumcision. If you don’t believe jesus is god, the you believe a mere man said baptism is the fulfillment of circumcision.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Plus, my “you” was specific to Hal. I can’t quote posts on my phone.

Viewing 9 replies - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.