If Passover is so important and the concern is salvation and not control…

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

why is it such a journey to keep Passover and the feasts?  "Mother" makes people travel long distances for the feasts yet claims her concern is our salvation.  If she is truly God she has the authority to allow Passover at the local zions, but instead forces people into burdensom circumstances where people travel 100+ miles to keep the feasts… Seems more like control than concern

KF
    Participant

well I guess we can say they are blessed she's not asking them to go to Korea (Jerusalem) to celebrate the new passover of 2013.Wink

Emily
    Participant

Kim wrote:

well I guess we can say they are blessed she's not asking them to go to Korea (Jerusalem) to celebrate the new passover of 2013.Wink

That would be absolutely ridiculous.

emil
    Participant

I have never really understood what WMSCOG means by passover. I would really appreciate if some former member can explain to me what exactly happens in wmscog at passover? If the story is too long to post here, please send me a PM.

Emily
    Participant

A service, foot washing, and then unleavened bread and wine.   Oh and I forgot, an offering that "is in proportion with how god has blessed you this year".  I leave the interpretation of what that would me to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

Kim wrote:

That would be absolutely ridiculous.

Well God did command them go to Jerusalem in the OT… LOL

Simon
    Participant

but seriously why is it okay for me to keep sabbath and third day and the feasts early AM and PM services locally but the feasts I must go to the main church?

When God set the rule of going to Jerusalem it wasn't the burden we are in now, Israel was a theocracy people didn't risk their family and there jobs to keep his regulations.

Also it seems to me that if we can keep the post baptism passover in a local church and we can keep second passover in a local church (some years) we should be able to keep Passover (and the rest of the feasts) in a local church

Emily
    Participant

Totally agree with you Simon.  It doesn't make sense.  Maybe they just wanna make it seem more "special"?  Not to mention that you have to fast afterwards too.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I think it's to make the congregation look larger and popular. A way to keep the members in. Keeping in their mind that there are lots of people doing this so it must be ok.

Emily
    Participant

Good point Renita ๐Ÿ™‚

genny
    Participant

Yep.  Seems like control and image to me.

Has anyone heard the reasoning being given for keeping the Passover this year, when it was expected that last year would be the last one?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

genny wrote:

Yep.  Seems like control and image to me.

Has anyone heard the reasoning being given for keeping the Passover this year, when it was expected that last year would be the last one?

I'll ask my classmate. They just recruited a new member, another guy in my class. He's been kind of a jerk to me acting like I'm annoying him when I say hello.. But one member still talks to me. I think he's trying to get me to come back. He keeps talking about when I was in the choir and such.

ILJC2013
    Participant

How long does Passover last? My husband drives all the way to TX and has to spend the night sometimes. Who feet are being washed?? I never ask any questions because it makes me sick to my stomach at the whole situation. The missionary guilts my husband into going even though he knows Im against it….he doesnt care and knows the cult is driving a wedge in between us.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

ILJC2013 wrote:

How long does Passover last? My husband drives all the way to TX and has to spend the night sometimes. Who feet are being washed?? I never ask any questions because it makes me sick to my stomach at the whole situation. The missionary guilts my husband into going even though he knows Im against it….he doesnt care and knows the cult is driving a wedge in between us.

The PO [the ceremonies leading up to the bread and wine] is maybe a couple hours. Everyone's feet are washed. Literally every eligible person has to have their feet washed before eating the bread and drinking the wine. The last time I kept PO in SW Zion, I didn't leave until maybe 10pm because I was in choirand had other special duties like making the new members feel loved and cleaning up.

Sarah2013
    Participant

The washing of the feet was done by some group leaders and so on. Females wash females and man to man. I actually liked the washing of feet part of the ceremony only because my feet got a bit of rest from the long services.

2 Timothy 3:5, Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (KJV).

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

The washing of the feet was done by some group leaders and so on. Females wash females and man to man. I actually liked the washing of feet part of the ceremony only because my feet got a bit of rest from the long services.

2 Timothy 3:5, Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (KJV).

Were you standing during services?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Of course not all through, but my feet were still in pumps and pressure still being applied to them even while sitting.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Of course not all through, but my feet were still in pumps and pressure still being applied to them even while sitting.

Oh, I always took my shoes off during service. I was told not to but I did anyway unless I was singing then I kept my shoes on to be a good example.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Lol.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Ctrl F is a very helpful tool. =)

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

Oh, I always took my shoes off during service. I was told not to but I did anyway unless I was singing then I kept my shoes on to be a good example.

Likewise nice shoes are a pain….  though I was never rebuked for doing it during service, I would be if it was another time, probably because it could be better seen.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.