How do I get a friend out of the church of god??????

• Creator
    Topic
    Too Hungry
    Participant

I see this site has much information on the wmscog. Anybody please help me! Any kind of information? I have a friend who's been going to this church for about 2 weeks. I haven't heard anything from her…what do I do? What should I do?

Smurf
    Participant

It's weird you used the word church in both your posts. Your overall attitude and the urgency in your statement suggest you don't think highly enough of the wms to call them a church.

And if she's been visiting for only two weeks it's very unlikely that you would even know the name "World mission society church of god"

Smurf
    Participant

In case I'm wrong, there are many ppl here who are friendlier than me and would gladly help you ๐Ÿ™‚

More information on your part would certainly help.

Questioninginla
    Participant

you don't "get a friend out".

and, this:

fried rice wrote:

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

you don't "get a friend out".

and, this:

fried rice wrote:

damn, you beat me to it.

Simon
    Participant

O.O

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fried rice wrote:

It's weird you used the word church in both your posts. Your overall attitude and the urgency in your statement suggest you don't think highly enough of the wms to call them a church.

And if she's been visiting for only two weeks it's very unlikely that you would even know the name "World mission society church of god"

***PLANT***

Guess I'm not so nice either.. Lol.

But, if it's only been 2 weeks and you haven't heard from your friend, I would call the non-emergency line to see if she's been reported missing. Or how about instead of coming here, you go to your friends job, school, and/or home and stake out. If I was honestly concerned about my friend whom I hadn't heard from in a couple weeks, that's what I would do. I wouldn't assume she's been mentally overcome by a "church".

Where is your friend? Where are you? What "church" does she go to?

Simon
    Participant

if they are a plant they are going about it a very stupid way…. you lose nothing  by assuming good faith… (in this instance because they'd be a very incompetant plant getting you to talk about what they don't want us to)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon-

You lose nothing assuming good faith? I think I understand what it means but I don't want to assume. Are you saying it's better to assume the OP honestly believe's his/her friend is trapped in the WMSCOG and is honestly seeking help? If that's the case.. If the OP is a plant, I would be preoccupied with trying to save a friend that doesn't exist which takes me away from helping those who do exist. I've gotten phony cries for help and have had to sift through and do research on those I am helping. I'm not always correct but I've saved lots of time and energy. Only a fool assumes good faith and thinks s/he has nothing to lose.

If I understood your statement, Simon, I totally get what you're saying. But when over the internet and dealing with a sneaky organization like the WMSCOG, assuming good faith can be a set back.

Too Hungry
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

fried rice wrote:

***PLANT***

Guess I'm not so nice either.. Lol.

But, if it's only been 2 weeks and you haven't heard from your friend, I would call the non-emergency line to see if she's been reported missing. Or how about instead of coming here, you go to your friends job, school, and/or home and stake out. If I was honestly concerned about my friend whom I hadn't heard from in a couple weeks, that's what I would do. I wouldn't assume she's been mentally overcome by a "church".

Where is your friend? Where are you? What "church" does she go to?

WTH! Thanks for the advice!!!!! Guilty before innocent huh!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Thunt-

You're welcome! And yes, guilty before innocent. Being an ex-member I learned being too trusting can be dangerous. I wonder how far you read down. My honest opinion was to go find your friend. But then I wasn't sure if your friend was within reach so I asked where you guys are. I don't trust you but I'll set that aside to give you minimal help. I'm sure months from now, after researching, you'll understand (given you're not a WMSCOG member yourself).

Questioninginla
    Participant

@thunt.

fyi, people that feel they got scammed tend to err on the side of not making that error again.

if you want help you can get it.  but if you are not forthcoming with information then find some books on Amazon or your local B&N or whatever on the subject (not by Steven Hassan, of course) and read it in a couple days and then come back. 

1. show that you know a bit about how the process works – for OTHER SPIRITUALLY ABUSIVE ORGANIZATIONS, and not WMSCOG. 
    2. Tell us how the process works whereby people buy into an ideology and then defend that ideology ad nauseam, shut out criticism, ostracize those that leave the organization and justify that ostracization because one "has found the truth".  provide examples.
    3. tell us about the themes across these groups that are not exact but have too much in common with destructive behavior.  provide examples.
    4. tell us about how these other groups:  do good deeds, change people's lives for the better, etc.  provide examples.
    5. tell us about how groups are divided into factions and how those "inside" do not see their fear indoctrination, but rather are shown or taught that having membership provides protection, and how this is so easily used and that people do not see their fear – they see protection.  provide examples.
    6. they see fun with their fellow members, brothers/sisters, etc.  they see (eventually) how much they would lose – not only eternal salvation but relationships torn apart.  provide examples.

and again, how many of these themes are not 100% exact, but have too much in common to be ignored.

how people inside of the group will still find ways to set their group apart with these differences, which are greatly outweighed by similarities with other groups' destructive behavior.

tell us about that stuff and the gates of assistance shall likely open to you.

Simon
    Participant

the fact is if thunt were a plant OTHERS would see and be able to benefit from any advice you give as well thus rendering the plants distraction ultimately beneficial

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

the fact is if thunt were a plant OTHERS would see and be able to benefit from any advice you give as well thus rendering the plants distraction ultimately beneficial

Nope.. You might like to limit your help to keyboard reach but the more involved members of the committee like to get more personal. Phone calls and meet ups. There is better support that way. And I'm not wasting my time sifting through a fake story I know is fake. Take note that I still gave highly relevant advice being that I'm not completely convinced thunt is a weed. Plus, now the members can see that we aren't as easily fooled as we used to be. I've got a few plants in my midst that I know about. I'm neither stupid nor slow and don't say I said you called me or implied I was stupid or slow. I'm just letting it be known for the record.

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

fried rice wrote:

Ph/uckin' aye right Rice. Seems we didn't make thunt feel to home. That first comment made me feel immediately that it was a mole try to dig into our midst.  I mean, ya never know but we got to be sure these days.  Besides that, if he's looking for information, this site is his utopia.  What more could he want to know ?  It's all here !   

emil
    Participant

I can understand both viewpoints here. I can see why ex-members or family of members do not want to get burned by a scam.

As for myself, I agree with Simon that I personally cannot lose anything by helping thunt even if he happens to be a plant. Neither he nor the wmscog can harm me.

Note again that I'm speaking for myself and it is not a judgement on anyone who thinks otherwise.

Smurf
    Participant

@emil

Well, it's a bit too late now, innit ๐Ÿ™‚ Thunt got offended. But if he's for real he'll be back.

Next time I'm gonna let you draw first blood ๐Ÿ˜‰

emil
    Participant

You make me sound like a vampire ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Simon wrote:

Nope.. You might like to limit your help to keyboard reach but the more involved members of the committee like to get more personal. Phone calls and meet ups. There is better support that way. And I'm not wasting my time sifting through a fake story I know is fake. Take note that I still gave highly relevant advice being that I'm not completely convinced thunt is a weed. Plus, now the members can see that we aren't as easily fooled as we used to be. I've got a few plants in my midst that I know about. I'm neither stupid nor slow and don't say I said you called me or implied I was stupid or slow. I'm just letting it be known for the record.

Not everyone WANTS that kind of help Renita sooo yep

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

I can understand both viewpoints here. I can see why ex-members or family of members do not want to get burned by a scam.

As for myself, I agree with Simon that I personally cannot lose anything by helping thunt even if he happens to be a plant. Neither he nor the wmscog can harm me.

Note again that I'm speaking for myself and it is not a judgement on anyone who thinks otherwise.

Stop judging me!

Simon
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

emil wrote:

Stop judging me!

LMFAO

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.