Do you have proof?

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

I must say FTOS put a thought into my head. He asked if I had “proof” that mother made a claim about Chicago’s coldest winter. So I’m guessing that must be the latest method of wmscog…to ask if you have proof of something. Thinking like a lawyer, if there is no proof then it doesn’t exist or didn’t happen. They try to call us liars when we discuss our personal experiences while we were members of THAT group. I must say they are extremely stupid, naive or arrogant if they think we have no proof. How can we all have similar experiences and most of us may not have known each other until we met on this forum?

I have so much more to say but I must keep my poker face and not tip my hand. Many “successful” businessmen/women have been brought down because of their arrogance and their sloppiness. WMSCOG and its leadership is no different. This business will fall like the house of cards it is. Unfortunately for them all “good” things must come to an end.

And that, my folks, is my thought for the day!

Anonymous
    Inactive

emil wrote:

I was hoping FTOS would enlighten us about the book written by Timothy.

And also the laws of Christ which they keep repeating ad nauseam but cannot actually quote.

I doubt he's talking about the sacraments…. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Yup my bad James not Timothy. Deeds are not just good works more to it then that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

fromtheotherside wrote:

Yup my bad James not Timothy. Deeds are not just good works more to it then that.

In the context of James it is clear that works meant good works. 

Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 

James 2:15-17

What do you think 'works' means? 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Deeds also represent your spiritual life and faith and what you do in your beliefs.

Simon
    Participant

IrenaeusFTW wrote:

From scripture we know that Our Lord's birth very well may have fallen in late December, because we know that John the Baptist was conceived about sixth months before Christ, just after Zacharias served the "Course of Abias." (Luke 1:5, 1:36) There were two courses of Abias, placing John's birth either in late fall or late June. If we go with late June, which is when the early Church celebrated the birth of John the Baptist, (June 24) that places the birth of Christ sixth months later in late December

Actually the only four possible months would be Sept Oct March or April (by todays calendar)

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Because it is not in thebible anywhere so if you feel keeping something christ did not teach to paul is okay then there is no hope for you and no reason to debate with you either.

Anonymous
    Inactive

fromtheotherside wrote:

Because it is not in thebible anywhere so if you feel keeping something christ did not teach to paul is okay then there is no hope for you and no reason to debate with you either.

I'm going to respond to this in the other thread on Mary. 

emil
    Participant

You have completely misunderstood what I said and taken the discussion off on a tangent. You have gone on about faith and deeds.

My point was that I celebrate the birth of Jesus because he was born to redeem me. That is all that matters in my decision to celebrate his birthday. I did not say that it is all that matters for my salvation. So your argument is pointless. We agree that Jesus was born. We agree that nobody can know exactly what the date was. If then I choose to celebrate this auspicious event on 25th of December, why would that be responsible for my damnation? It has nothing to do with my faith life.

Coming to accepting only what is there in a bible, you are hardly in a position to say that when you accept ASH as god when he is not mentioned in the bible. It is not something Christ taught Paul either. So then, is there no hope for you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A correction to previous statements I made: 

Pope St. Telesphorus is recorded to have institute the Midnight Mass during his reign, 126-137.

St. Theophilus (115-181) was the Bishop of Caesarea in Palestine. He said that Christmas should be celebrated on December 25.

Source: http://www.taylormarshall.com/2012/12/yes-christ-was-really-born-on-december.html

fromtheotherside
    Participant

emil wrote:

You have completely misunderstood what I said and taken the discussion off on a tangent. You have gone on about faith and deeds.

My point was that I celebrate the birth of Jesus because he was born to redeem me. That is all that matters in my decision to celebrate his birthday. I did not say that it is all that matters for my salvation. So your argument is pointless. We agree that Jesus was born. We agree that nobody can know exactly what the date was. If then I choose to celebrate this auspicious event on 25th of December, why would that be responsible for my damnation? It has nothing to do with my faith life.

Coming to accepting only what is there in a bible, you are hardly in a position to say that when you accept ASH as god when he is not mentioned in the bible. It is not something Christ taught Paul either. So then, is there no hope for you?

Your are commiting an ad hominen and a tu quoque.  He is in the bible though so there is a difference, but that is not the subject of this debate so if you want you can make another forum for that. 

genny
    Participant

So, FTOS, why don't you start a thread showing us where exactly Ahn is in the Bible.  I'm still waiting to see some verses that show specific prophecies regarding Ahn.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

It's a subject you guys brought up. So it's up to you guys. Celebrating something that is not in the bible, and has pagan origins is fine? I'm waiting for your answer.  Yes or no?

genny
    Participant

Well, the burden of proof lies with the wmscog for Ahn's deity, and since you are such a well-studied member of the wmscog, it's logical that you would start the discussion.

And if you are talking about Christmas, that is a worthy thread topic.  Irenaeus had some info posted already.  Maybe he would like to start that thread.  If not, I can start it later.  (Running out of time right now.)

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Yes but I'm not the one asking for proof or feeling the need to prove it.  So if someone wants to ask that is fine.  The topic of Christmas does not need to be started somewhere else,  But I would still an answer to my question, so I have an idea about your beliefs in God.  Do you only stick to whats in the bible or you are open to other celebrations that have no reference to God and has pagan origins?  This is a good question for our topic about the 7 month feasts.  So I know how to debate this with you. 

Simon
    Participant

different claims different topic

KF
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Yes but I'm not the one asking for proof or feeling the need to prove it.  So if someone wants to ask that is fine.  The topic of Christmas does not need to be started somewhere else,  But I would still an answer to my question, so I have an idea about your beliefs in God.  Do you only stick to whats in the bible or you are open to other celebrations that have no reference to God and has pagan origins?  This is a good question for our topic about the 7 month feasts.  So I know how to debate this with you

wow is he finally going to answer the question (finally got an explation from headquarters?)

Ftos would you consider the celebration of ascension day of pagan origins.  What are pagan origins, something that man created, that was not from God.  Can you please show us where in the bible it says to celebrate ascension day and Ahn's birthday.

Also why is not mothers birthday important or celebrated, shouldn't she have the same rights as the other god.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Kim wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Yes but I'm not the one asking for proof or feeling the need to prove it.  So if someone wants to ask that is fine.  The topic of Christmas does not need to be started somewhere else,  But I would still an answer to my question, so I have an idea about your beliefs in God.  Do you only stick to whats in the bible or you are open to other celebrations that have no reference to God and has pagan origins?  This is a good question for our topic about the 7 month feasts.  So I know how to debate this with you

wow is he finally going to answer the question (finally got an explation from headquarters?)

Ftos would you consider the celebration of ascension day of pagan origins.  What are pagan origins, something that man created, that was not from God.  Can you please show us where in the bible it says to celebrate ascension day and Ahn's birthday.

Also why is not mothers birthday important or celebrated, shouldn't she have the same rights as the other god.

Interesting question. 

KF
    Participant

Hi Sarah! how rude of me, and now…

which of the questions do you find interesting?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Kim wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Interesting question. 

Hi Kim. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Hi Kim!

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.