ATTENTION: CURRENT WMSCOG MEMBERS

• Creator
    Topic
    WHOAMI
    Participant

Messianic Prophecy: What Is It?

Messianic prophecy is the collection of over 100 predictions (a conservative estimate) in the Old Testament about the future Messiah of the Jewish people. These predictions were written by multiple authors, in numerous books, over approximately 1,000 years. Messianic Prophecy is so dramatic today, because with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint version of the Old Testament (both of which have been proven to exist prior to the time Jesus walked on the earth) you can be assured that these prophecies were not “conspired” after-the-fact.

Messianic Prophecy: Fulfillment by Jesus Christ

Messianic prophecy was fulfilled by the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Although many Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah, many did, and they became the Jewish sect later known as the Christians. Christianity, based in dramatic part on the fulfillment of historical prophecy, spread rapidly throughout the Roman Empire of the 1st Century. Examine the prophecies yourself, and calculate the probability of one man fulfilling just a handful of the most specific ones, and you’ll be amazed.

“Jesus said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’” Luke 24:44 (NIV)

The Old Testament verses are the prophecy; the New Testament verses proclaim the fulfillment. Check them all out for yourself!

<dir>

</dir>

<dir>

</dir>

Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23)

A descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3; 22:18; Matthew 1:1; Galatians 3:16)

Of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10; Luke 3:23, 33; Hebrews 7:14)

Of the house of David (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Matthew 1:1)

Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7)

Taken to Egypt (Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:14-15)

Herod´s killing of the infants (Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18)

Anointed by the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 11:2; Matthew 3:16-17)

Heralded by the messenger of the Lord (John the Baptist) (Isaiah 40:3-5; Malachi 3:1; Matthew 3:1-3)

Would perform miracles (Isaiah 35:5-6; Matthew 9:35)

Would preach good news (Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:14-21)

Would minister in Galilee (Isaiah 9:1; Matthew 4:12-16) Would cleanse the Temple (Malachi 3:1; Matthew 21:12-13)

Would first present Himself as King 173,880 days from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25; Matthew 21:4-11)

Would enter Jerusalem as a king on a donkey (Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:4-9)

Would be rejected by Jews (Psalm 118:22; I Peter 2:7)

Die a humiliating death (Psalm 22; Isaiah 53) involving:

<dir>

</dir>

<dir>

</dir>

rejection (Isaiah 53:3; John 1:10-11; 7:5,48)

betrayal by a friend (Psalm 41:9; Luke 22:3-4; John 13:18)

sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:14-15)

silence before His accusers (Isaiah 53:7; Matthew 27:12-14)

being mocked (Psalm 22: 7-8; Matthew 27:31)

beaten (Isaiah 52:14; Matthew 27:26)

spit upon (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 27:30)

piercing His hands and feet (Psalm 22:16; Matthew 27:31)

being crucified with thieves (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38)

praying for His persecutors (Isaiah 53:12; Luke 23:34)

piercing His side (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34)

given gall and vinegar to drink (Psalm 69:21, Matthew 27:34, Luke 23:36)

no broken bones (Psalm 34:20; John 19:32-36)

buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60)

casting lots for His garments (Psalm 22:18; John 19:23-24)

Would rise from the dead!! (Psalm 16:10; Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31)

Ascend into Heaven (Psalm 68:18; Acts 1:9)

Would sit down at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1; Hebrews 1:3)

Can you please show me through the bible how Ashsanghong & mother fulfilled prophecies, here is a list of  how JESUS fulfilled prophecies, and it's more than 3 verses.

Emily
    Participant

Omg play nice you two…

Simon
    Participant

Sueno's comments kept me from leaving earlier than I did. Ahnsahnghong isn't not God because he is Korean or balding and every time he claimed that it only reinforced the claim by the WMSCOG that people look too much at the physical to refute him instead of the Bible itself.

Reffering to Zahn Gil Jah as his divorced younger girlfriend is just an attack from a WMSCOG member standpoint, and from those outside we don't know that they had ANY relationship just that SHE claims they did.

The claims about not believing in Jesus and Ahnian/Zahngian also just comes across as an attack. While in WMSCOG members are deceived to say that of those outside WE don't need to emulate them to alienate them.

Their doctrine may be false but that does not make THEM false.

admin
    Keymaster

shimon wrote:

Sueno's comments kept me from leaving earlier than I did. 

i'm sorry to hear this.

if there is behavior on this board that is inappropriate or violates the rules, please PM this admin account with the link to the post so it can be promptly removed in accordance with our posted takedown policy:  https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=2

thank you

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Well, for sure some comments are strong.  Shimon still regards this group as a religion.  It is not.  It is a mind control cult.  However, in the future, we will refrain from "strong comments" because the purpose of this forum is to get people out, not argue theology.

Shimon also considers the bible a giant crossword puzzle, which is rather strange from my point of view.  However, he is not the only person with this misunderstanding of the history of that book.  We support the purpose of this forum, and while disagreeing with some of shimon's comments, we will refrain from attacks on character and personality.  Hopefully, Mr. Shimon will do the same.  Thanks!

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

And, for the record, Shimon, our family is of mixed racial background.  Calling Sueno a racist is a huge laugh for us.  Thanks!

Oh, and also, several of our best friends are Korean.  But, hey, nevermind.  Believe what you want.  Thanks!

Simon
    Participant

that is a straw man

also Jews can be antisemites homosexuals can be homophobic black people can hate black people

you’re talking like the person that said I’m not racist I have a black friend

furthermore members of the world mission.society church of god do believe in jesus christ if you want to admit it or not

Further you cannot say what I believe took you nearly a month to realize I left church of god

also it needs saying racism.isn’t about liking or hating it is attribution of its importance in irrelevant context.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Ok Shimon.  whatever you want to think or believe.  You believed in Ahnian theology at one time and now you don't.  Maybe someday you will believe a mixed racial family finds it difficult to be racist.  Thanks!

Simon
    Participant

Stop setting up straw men. I said individual comments were racist non racist people make racist comments

Simon
    Participant

And it isn’t Ahnianism first of all is just a bigoted term you made up. Second it is Kim and Zhang’s doctrine not ahnsahnghong’s

WHOAMI
    Participant

in all fairness, Shimon is right. Ahnsanghong passed away, it’s not his fault mother & general pastor changed things around. Stop attacking the deceased.

Simon
    Participant

IF we want to call it something other than Christian Zahngian would make most sense (using your idea of going by the family name of the worshipped) seeing as they put more emphasis on her than Ahnsahnghong anyway. But the real problem with calling them not christian is it comes across as we are attacking THEM and not their church. And we want to be careful not to do that as much as possible.

WHOAMI
    Participant

getting back to the main topic, i still have not heared from a wmsm, please show me through the bible the fulfillment of Ahnsanghong & mother. 

Viewing 12 replies - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.