ATTENTION: CURRENT WMSCOG MEMBERS

• Creator
    Topic
    WHOAMI
    Participant

Messianic Prophecy: What Is It?

Messianic prophecy is the collection of over 100 predictions (a conservative estimate) in the Old Testament about the future Messiah of the Jewish people. These predictions were written by multiple authors, in numerous books, over approximately 1,000 years. Messianic Prophecy is so dramatic today, because with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint version of the Old Testament (both of which have been proven to exist prior to the time Jesus walked on the earth) you can be assured that these prophecies were not “conspired” after-the-fact.

Messianic Prophecy: Fulfillment by Jesus Christ

Messianic prophecy was fulfilled by the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Although many Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah, many did, and they became the Jewish sect later known as the Christians. Christianity, based in dramatic part on the fulfillment of historical prophecy, spread rapidly throughout the Roman Empire of the 1st Century. Examine the prophecies yourself, and calculate the probability of one man fulfilling just a handful of the most specific ones, and you’ll be amazed.

“Jesus said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’” Luke 24:44 (NIV)

The Old Testament verses are the prophecy; the New Testament verses proclaim the fulfillment. Check them all out for yourself!

<dir>

</dir>

<dir>

</dir>

Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23)

A descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3; 22:18; Matthew 1:1; Galatians 3:16)

Of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10; Luke 3:23, 33; Hebrews 7:14)

Of the house of David (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Matthew 1:1)

Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7)

Taken to Egypt (Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:14-15)

Herod´s killing of the infants (Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18)

Anointed by the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 11:2; Matthew 3:16-17)

Heralded by the messenger of the Lord (John the Baptist) (Isaiah 40:3-5; Malachi 3:1; Matthew 3:1-3)

Would perform miracles (Isaiah 35:5-6; Matthew 9:35)

Would preach good news (Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:14-21)

Would minister in Galilee (Isaiah 9:1; Matthew 4:12-16) Would cleanse the Temple (Malachi 3:1; Matthew 21:12-13)

Would first present Himself as King 173,880 days from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25; Matthew 21:4-11)

Would enter Jerusalem as a king on a donkey (Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:4-9)

Would be rejected by Jews (Psalm 118:22; I Peter 2:7)

Die a humiliating death (Psalm 22; Isaiah 53) involving:

<dir>

</dir>

<dir>

</dir>

rejection (Isaiah 53:3; John 1:10-11; 7:5,48)

betrayal by a friend (Psalm 41:9; Luke 22:3-4; John 13:18)

sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:14-15)

silence before His accusers (Isaiah 53:7; Matthew 27:12-14)

being mocked (Psalm 22: 7-8; Matthew 27:31)

beaten (Isaiah 52:14; Matthew 27:26)

spit upon (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 27:30)

piercing His hands and feet (Psalm 22:16; Matthew 27:31)

being crucified with thieves (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38)

praying for His persecutors (Isaiah 53:12; Luke 23:34)

piercing His side (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34)

given gall and vinegar to drink (Psalm 69:21, Matthew 27:34, Luke 23:36)

no broken bones (Psalm 34:20; John 19:32-36)

buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60)

casting lots for His garments (Psalm 22:18; John 19:23-24)

Would rise from the dead!! (Psalm 16:10; Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31)

Ascend into Heaven (Psalm 68:18; Acts 1:9)

Would sit down at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1; Hebrews 1:3)

Can you please show me through the bible how Ashsanghong & mother fulfilled prophecies, here is a list of  how JESUS fulfilled prophecies, and it's more than 3 verses.

WHOAMI
    Participant

I believe Christ Jesus did

WHOAMI
    Participant

You are here: <font color=”#0000ff” size=”2″><font color=”#0000ff” size=”2″>Truth</font></font><font size=”2″> >> </font><font color=”#0000ff” size=”2″><font color=”#0000ff” size=”2″>Messianic Prophecy 2</font></font>

<font size=”2″>(Read </font><font color=”#0000ff” size=”2″><font color=”#0000ff” size=”2″>Messianic Prophecy</font></font><font size=”2″> Part 1 First)</font>

<font size=”2″>Messianic Prophecy – What Are The Odds of Fulfillment Without God?</font>

<font size=”2″>Messianic Prophecy is so powerful because of the statistical odds that one man would fulfill every single one of them. If we just analyze seven of the more specific prophecies in the Old Testament, that were later fulfilled in the Person of Jesus Christ, we are stunned by the statistical impossibility of such an historical reality. As an illustration, we have inserted some conservative "odds" alongside seven established prophecies. Please feel free to propose your own prophecies and your own odds – the dramatic point will still be made! </font>

<font size=”2″>Messianic Prophecy – The Challenge

Messianic prophecy is phenomenal evidence that sets the Bible apart from the other "holy books." We strongly encourage you to read the Old Testament prophecies and the New Testament fulfillments on the previous page. Better yet, get a Jewish Tanakh (the Hebrew scripture read in the Jewish synagogues) and read the Messianic prophecies from there. It is dramatic, eye-opening and potentially life-changing! </font>

<font size=”2″>Explore More Now!</font>

<font size=”2″></font>

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

I'm with WHOAMI on this one, Loocpoc.  You have to put yourself first in the mind of a essential Christian to kind of follow along.  As WHOAMI points out, there is a pretty clearly drawn line that Roman Catholics and all of the major Christian groups that followed them (Lutherans, Calvinists, etc) use to show the divinity of Jesus Christ.  I think that WHOAMI seems to want the Ahnians/Zhangians to show how this history and geneology somehow connects to some dead ex 7thDay Adventist preacherman in Korea and one of his younger girlfriends.  I sat through a lecture on this at a WMSCOG meeting one time and I ended up throwing the Bible on the floor because the "deacon" or whatever he was kept jumping all over Scripture in unreal ways to make crazy points about how things tie together.

It would be great if a true believer got on this post and clearly wrote out the "Biblical geneology" of how the ex 7th day Korean preacher man became a Christ.  And more importantly, how his divorced young girlfriend became "Mother God".

It is essential, I think, in getting these mostly young people out, to use traditional Christian interpretations of the Bible as evidence of the falsehood of the Ahnian/Zhangian "WMSCOG" cult.  I think it makes the arguments easier for cult members "on the edge" to identify with and possibly convince themselves there are much better alternatives in true Christianity.

Simon
    Participant

I see you are on your ad hominem trip again.

Simon
    Participant

What prophecy have you fulfilled?

Simon
    Participant

So you are atempting to help fulfill orophecy and making your whole hearted effort to follow Torah. Okie dokie

Simon
    Participant

yes you are different from false messiahs

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

shimon wrote:

I see you are on your ad hominem trip again.

Doug Walton has argued that ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, and that in some instances, questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue,<sup class=”reference” id=”cite_ref-12″ style=”line-height: 1em; “>[13] as when it directly involves hypocrisy, or actions contradicting the subject's words.

The philosopher Charles Taylor has argued that ad hominem reasoning is essential to understanding certain moral issues, and contrasts this sort of reasoning with theapodictic reasoning of philosophical naturalism.<sup class=”reference” id=”cite_ref-13″ style=”line-height: 1em; “>[14]

Simon
    Participant

it isn’t really argumentum ad hominem if it isn’t a fallacy.

and no your arguments are bigoted racist and fallacious

john doe
    Participant

Shimon I tried to send you a post but I think I lost it.  I must have saw you while I was a member of the church I have never talked to anyone except one person the reason I left the church.  I miss the members and the since of belonging to something but that is part of life and life must go on.  I really did beleive everything at first so I still am kind of sad about leaving.   

Simon
    Participant

I totally get missing the members in the sense of belonging

I’m constantly thinking about them hoping they are okay wishing the best for them realizing I will never see them again

Simon
    Participant

You don't need to take either extreme you mention

king34
    Participant

Idk about you guys but those people in the world mission society were not your friends or spiritual family. All of them wanted to be righteous and trying to be perfect. all it is , is a front of acting nice, but deep down inside what they mostly worry about was what shoes you have or what type tie you have and where did you get it. is it name brand or not. just fake people not all of course but most.

WHOAMI
    Participant

well King, not all are like that, I feel bad for some of them, they are really good hard working people who have faith in God and so, they want to follow his commands, unaware that there are lies mixed with the truth, and God's true church has to be 100%.  What bothers me most about them is the greedyness for money.  Everyone must tithe, including small children, who don't even go to school. I want to see in the bible where it says an infant must tithe.  I know it says everyone must do an offering on the feast, but not the tithing.

king34
    Participant

I know . But to the church I was going to the brothers were more interested in the designer tie I wore than anything else. They say they are your familiy but when you tell them about how the church is fake .they turn on you

john doe
    Participant

I was told I had to look my best for mother and tried to dress like the other brothers in the church. I have to agree with king34 I think alot of the brothers were more interested in how you dressed than anything else.

john doe
    Participant

I never did understand why people who were unemployed or were students were still expected to tithe.  I think if your not making any money ten percent of nothing is zero.   

Simon
    Participant

That's what I was told by my Deacon. That's scarey how different Denver was from Cheyenne then :O

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

shimon wrote:

and no your arguments are bigoted racist and fallacious

Racist?

1.  People who live in Korea are called Koreans.

2.  Ahn was a minister, or what some people refer to as a "preacher"

3.  Ahn is a man.

4.  Hence, Korean Preacher Man.

That's racist?  Ah, Cmon SHEEMOAN!

Simon
    Participant

Yes your arguments are racist and bigoted and illogical

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.