Home Forums Biblical Arguments 7 Thunders

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Simon 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Simon
    Participant

Hewill just go back to the you reject Jesus you don’t know anything argument

Simon
    Participant

Lol appealing to Hal?

Why don't you all listen to hal about this one, he knows better about it than all you would.  So hal what was written on the stone tablets, where the words written front and back?  Were the feasts also written on them?

Sarah2013

Storm wrote:

every location has something different, or is taught something different,  I believe one of them from the other side mentioned something like that, about not every zion teaching the same, which should not be the case, if they are all in the same church following the same god.

For the most part they follow the same biblical teaching. However, the general rule of the church changes from Zion to Zion. For example, Reseda didn't like much association outside of church between members. Guys don't talk much to women and vice versa, though a male leader can often do a one on one study with a female member. 

Storm

every location has something different, or is taught something different,  I believe one of them from the other side mentioned something like that, about not every zion teaching the same, which should not be the case, if they are all in the same church following the same god.

Love'n Honey

I was reading Chapter 2 of the Green Book: The Seven Feasts of Three Times. Repeatedly, Ash says the 10 Commandments were written on the stone tablets.

"The Lord chose the day on which Moses went up Mount Sinai for the first time to receive the Ten Commandments, and appointed it as the Pentecost; for He had already declared the Ten Commandments with His voice before Moses went up the mountain to receive them [Ex 20:1-19; Ex 24:15-18]."

If the Feasts were written on the stone tablets along with the 10 Commandments, why didn't Ash say so? The whole chapter is about the Feasts so it would make sense to mention that the Feasts were written on the tablets, too. Plus, I searched on their site to see if there was any mention that the Feasts are written on the tablets but I didn't find anything. I also looked on YT and didn't find anything. I will admit it was a shallow search.

I am forced to believe that Ash never taught that the Feasts were written on the stone tablets; this must be a new teaching.

Simon
    Participant

That said even if christians must keep feasts and even if they are on the stone tablets that doesn’t make them the seven thunders

Simon
    Participant

So far as 613 that’s more traditional than an actual enumeration and zechariah did say gentiles will be required to keep the last feast and Isaiah sabbaths. soi am not 100% sure on limited scope at least always being limited

emil

I just read the original article on which Renita had commented, thus initiating this thread. I like the quote from Deut 4:14 which makes the scope of the 7 feasts very clear. They were meant to be celebrated by the Israelites in the land they were to possess after crossing the Jordan. This is a major point that I have been trying to highlight. That not all God's laws mentioned in the OT are universal. As Hal mentioned, there are 613 laws.

emil

This is the way I see it.

In the begining of Ex 34, God tells Moses to bring the tablets like the first ones on which He will write the same words as before. In the rest of the chapter, there is no mention about what God writes. One must therefore assume that God had told Moses He would do, He did. Moses did not think to mention it again in the chapter because it is obvious that God had done during the course of the chapter what He promised in the first verse itself.

After that God gave verbal instructions to Moses which He commanded him to write. It seems pretty obvious to me that the words God told Moses to write are not a copy of the words which God himself wrote but they are additional instructions. Clearly this indicates that the tablets did not have the subsequent instructions but only what God had written on the first tablets.

Simon
    Participant

No the seven thunders isn't a SDA teaching SDA doesn't believe in keeping the feasts

This relates in some way to that Ellen White lady and the SDA church then, right? They’re the ones who say that garbage about entering the most holy place a second time in 1844. I’ve often wondered just how much of the WMS theology is based on Adventist teachings. The fact that it is spun off of the SDA church makes it even harder for me to understand how people fall for this. Your God believed in a false prophet. Boom.

Love'n Honey

Hey! Look what I found! My question still wasn't answered though. What's odd to me is that as I was reading over my notes I came across the answer. =)

When were the Israelites given the tablets for the 1st time? When Moses came down the mount the 2nd time. The 1st time he came down he broke the tablets before he could give them to the Israelites. Ex 34:32. But the Israelites received the 10 Commandments, Feasts, & other laws after Moses came down the mount the 2nd time. Ex 19-23. However, all they heard was thunder. Ex 24:12 is when Moses went up the mount to receive the law and commandments. Ex 31:18 Moses received the tablets of the covenant and law. One might assume what was written there was everything God said from Ex 24 to Ex 31. Ex 34 God wrote the same thing as before on the tablets. He repeated some of what He said the last time Moses was up the mount. But this time God called the covenant law The 10 Commandments which were given already.. In Ex 35, Moses tells the Israelites what God commanded in Ex 19-23.

I was looking into this because the notes I have about the 7 Feasts and their fulfillment. The WMSCOG says the fulfillment of the Israelites receiving the 10 Commandments the 1st time is when Jesus entered the Most Holy Place for the 1st time. They also say the fulfillment of the Israelites receiving the 10 Commandments the 2nd time is when Jesus entered the Most Holy Place again. But the bible shows us that the Israelites only received the 10 Commandments once when Moses came down from the mountain with the 2nd set of tablets.

Simon
    Participant

I do not know. Explanation for the contradiction in scripture.

Joshua
    Participant

What would stronger resolution be?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.